What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

TilenB

Strata Poster
I know it's the name of the car, but still. It's odd that a ride in the Croatian area of the park is named after infidelity...
Nevjera means infidelity, though it could also be used to express doubt in something. Nevera, which is part of Voltron's name, is a name for a type of storm that forms over the Adriatic.

It does however mean infidelity in Serbian (and also archaically in Slovenia - but hardly ever used) and saying that Serbian and Croatian are the same thing (even if they mostly are) is akin to commiting a war crime for Serbs or Croats.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Fun fact: Every time you type "after", you're typing the german word for "anus".
Sometimes words coincidentally mean different things in different languages or sound similar. Of course as a marketing team you usually try to avoid it, but sometimes it just happens. Obviously, the coaster is named after a car which is named after a weather phenomenon.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Fun fact: Every time you type "after", you're typing the german word for "anus".
Sometimes words coincidentally mean different things in different languages or sound similar. Of course as a marketing team you usually try to avoid it, but sometimes it just happens. Obviously, the coaster is named after a car which is named after a weather phenomenon.

Germans must love Afterburn at Carowinds!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
First episode of season 3 is out now on Veejoy:

Also, Germans don't think of After as Anus when reading or using it in any environment. The only time it really means Anus in German is when going to the Doc and trying to sound more eloquent rather than using Asshole (Arschloch).
That was pretty much what I was trying to demonstrate. Just because it means something in a different language, that doesn't mean people will just take it out of context. Usually.
At least I don't assume anyone will think of it as "Voltron Infidelity" and I also don't think Europa-Park or Voltron play that big of a role in Serbia.

Just watched the video, unfortunately not much about the coaster, but that's probably why it's an "Episode 0". I like the look/atmosphere of the movie scenes they've shown though.

Ries

Mega Poster
That tree... Must be incredible expensive.
A local arboriculture (?) has one with the height between 1 and 2 meters for around €200.
That is just a simpel one. Not like this. And not as old.

I love that they plant old mature trees. Specially one like this.

Lofty

CF Legend
I do like how they are being all like "Look how amazing it is that we've uprooted a tree that's 800 years old and put it into our theme park, but it's nature, so be thankful" 😂

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I do like how they are being all like "Look how amazing it is that we've uprooted a tree that's 800 years old and put it into our theme park, but it's nature, so be thankful" 😂
I think it is pretty cool they went for a real tree, even though a fake one might have been cheaper. It's still just a piece of theming, of course, but realistic looking theming is always nice and you can't get more realistic than the real thing!

Lofty

CF Legend
Jesus Christ, it was a joke. Good on Europa for uprooting an 800 year old tree instead of getting one fabricated. Woo 😭

TilenB

Strata Poster
I feel like the costs of uprooting and moving the tree are the main expenses here. Plenty of smaller plantations in Slovenia (and I would imagine Croatia as well) are getting abandoned since the costs and work involved in maintaining the plantations are getting too high for it to be worth it.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
In addition a new Veejoy episode was released, Interesting details are:

Will have a Main Queue, Single Rider aswell as Virtual Line - Disabled guests will also use Virtual Queue
Matt Rimac, CEO of Bugatti Rimac visited and stated that the strongest launch (assume 1st) will be 1.5G with a maximum vertical force of between 4.5g to 5.0g
Master Gardener stated there are lots of trees in the area & have a cobbled 'garden' by the coaster

cookie

Giga Poster
Any guesses when this may be open? Planning a trip but don’t want to book anything just incase!
I assume they're aiming for season opening, but I would hold off just in case.

Here's a photo of the site I took from the viewing window this past thursday. Don't know if anything's been added or not

IMG_4711.JPG

One thing I actually didn't anticipate was that the station building would be right next to the walkway between Greece and Russia, like you turn a corner after Euro-Mir and boom, there it is

IMG_4708.JPG

And a night shot from the Greek area for good measure

IMG_4795.JPG

Last edited:

GrandNational91

Roller Poster
Hi All, looking to plan a trip to Europa Park in late April next year and would absolutely love to get on Voltron. Obviously a lot can change and probably nobody knows for sure but does anyone with a bit of knowledge of Europa Park new ride openings think it would be likely to be open for then?

j-cat5

Roller Poster
Don't know how reliable this is.....

I also heard dates of 'summer 2024' which is worrying.....so I'd also appreciate an answer to this if anyone knows.....