What's new

Europa Park "Project V"

EthC

Mega Poster
13094258_1681878285410675_3440821461824349286_n.png

So Europa have started Teasing a new major attraction. Called project V, it has been seen that they have been filming and have taken that pick in the Netherlands area. According to Europa Street It could cost up to 25 Million Euros and Loopings are saying that insiders have told them it will be a Soarin' Style flight simulator. This is supposedly for the 2017 season.

So what do you guys think of this?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EPstreet/photo ... =3&theater

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/5398/Dui ... -2017.html

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Yeah... meh.

It's about time they had another proper thrill ride with Arthur recently and the Ireland area for this season.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No doubt it'll be among the stronger of the flying theatres, making it merely crap as opposed to steaming s**te.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
They should just finally tear down Eurosat and rebuild it. New tracks, new trains, a new but similar layout, and more special effects. Eurosat looks and feels so bad compared to the newer rides. Project V sounds boring af.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Ireeb said:
They should just finally tear down Eurosat and rebuild it. New tracks, new trains, a new but similar layout, and more special effects. Eurosat looks and feels so bad compared to the newer rides.

I **** hate Eurosat. I must be mostly wrong as lots of people seem to rave about it, but it's just total crap.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
zazobo said:
I **** hate Eurosat. I must be mostly wrong as lots of people seem to rave about it, but it's just total crap.
Now you're overexaggerating. I was just saying it is bad compared to the other rides of the park, but it still isn't that bad. It is still a fun rollercoaster, not painful or something. I also was surprised since it ran smoother than I remembered it when I was on it last Saturday. The layout is weird though, and the special effects could be better. The ride is okay, but it could be so much better. I can't understand how one could truly hate it.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Sadly I really hate it. It felt no better than X at Thorpe (which most consider crap). Also, being inside that dome in 30 degree heat is grim.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
What? The dome is air conditioned, it was never hot in there when I rode it even when I was there in summer. It can't even heat up that much since it is reflecting big parts of the light... Also, I'd like to know why you consider it crap.

Lofty

CF Legend
gavin said:
No doubt it'll be among the stronger of the flying theatres, making it merely crap as opposed to steaming s**te.
Thank god, someone else thinks they're **** ****.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
caffeine_demon said:
X is fab now that they've reversed the seating!

I agree actually. Also the jazzy lights and sound track are great.

When I was at Europa a couple of seasons ago it was awful in the dome, warm and smelly (sounds like a one off though). I also found spaffing around in the dark unpleasant. I'm not usually one to complain about rides being rough either, but I found it really really rough. Perhaps because you can't tell which direction you're going and can't brace for it.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
zazobo said:
When I was at Europa a couple of seasons ago it was awful in the dome, warm and smelly (sounds like a one off though). I also found spaffing around in the dark unpleasant. I'm not usually one to complain about rides being rough either, but I found it really really rough. Perhaps because you can't tell which direction you're going and can't brace for it.
Maybe they had problems with the air conditioning that day, I remember the air inside always being rather cool (And I've ridden it at least 20 times in different times of the year). But I have to agree that the layout is rather rough, sometimes there are quick changes of directions which can hit you pretty hard since you don't see them coming, but again, this layout was designed 27 years ago, I suppose they have gathered experience in this long time and would do it different today, that's why I think they should rebuilt it and adress these issues, instead of again building a slow ride (since they just built Arthur).

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I just don't the whole thing very enjoyable, sadly it's not one for me.

I agree re. Arthur, while it's a fab family attraction I think it's time for something epic again!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Yeah and the last epic thing was a wooden rollercoaster, the layout is amazing, but with that high speed it is so rough I had a headache after. The last thrilling steel rollercoaster was built 7 years ago, I think it is time again. With Bluefire and Silverstar they have quality, but I'm still missing the quantity. They already have a lot of slow rides (Arthur, Piraten in Batavia, Universum der Energie, Atlantis, Steam Boats, Jungle Flumes just to name a few), so it wouldn't reduce the family-friendliness if they would build a thrill coaster again. I'm still hoping this Project V isn't going to be as boring as it sounds.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Exactly. Time for a big steel monster I think! I found Wodan a bit rough initially but managed to adopt a 'safe' riding stance to enjoy it on further rides!!

Maybe an inverted coaster or something like that. What a lovely coaster line up that would be <3

S

SimonSays99

I hope that Mack Rides makes something out of their Looping-Coaster-With-Spinning-Cars idea...