What's new

Europa Park "Project V"

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Done properly, which they usually do in all fairness, that could be excellent.

I'm not sure if it's already been discussed, but it would be nice if certain parts/sections of the coaster had the trains fixed in a certain direction and others had more of the spinning. I think it'd be a really interesting mix and could make some of the inversions really unique.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Well, they already have some kind of spinning coaster, Euromir, even though it doesn't spin freely of course, but it does spin especially in the wild-mouse-section (or wild mouse erection as my phone's autocorrect just changed it), and the coaster would be based on the launched/hyper coaster model, this means they would basically have a copy of two coasters they already have (combination of Bluefire and Euromir). I think something like a wing or inverted coaster would be better, either B&M or maybe an own development, which I'd like to see because usually if Mack is doing something they are doing it very well. I just love Bluefire's smoothness.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I was thinking less 'wild mouse' spinning, more of a large scale coaster with some serious speed. I think it'd be sufficiently different to Blue fire personally.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I still think it's not really what they need, even if it isn't close to Bluefire, most people wouldn't see a big difference to Euromir (Which isn't too slow with 80 km/h either). An inverted coaster would fit much better IMO.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Yeah I see your point. Imagine how nicely it could be themed... a wing coaster/inverted coaster whizzing round some excellent scenery etc..

Lofty

CF Legend
Ireeb said:
...because usually if Mack is doing something they are doing it very well..
Like how you've put 'usually' in there, to counteract the Lost Gravity argument... Lol.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
from what I heard it isn't really bad, but not what most people expected. It seems to be fun to ride but looks weird.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Europe's largest flying theatre and Europa Park's largest investment!

The official name isn't going to be revealed until it actually opens next season.

Official website with the launch video: http://www.project-v.eu/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sure it will be fab. What exactly is a flying theatre anyway? A simulator?

TilenB

Strata Poster
Sounds nice, a good reason to return in the future, since I'm just in the park today.

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
It's basically Soarin' Bell.

I don't get why these are all of a sudden a thing? Soarin' is quite old now, there's been loads in Asia for years, but now places are getting them?

I think they're poo and I'd forgotten Europa were getting one so I had a moment where I got excited but meh.

andrus

Giga Poster
I think Soarin' is a fun and chilling ride :) It's great for small kids or adults who don't dare to go on the bigger rides. And even for adrenaline junkies who just want a break. I have faith in this project!

Regarding Soarin' at Disneyland: they really should move it to the new Star Wars land now, me thinks. Flying over California is nice and all, but flying through outer space chasing TIE fighters would be awesome :--D

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Re: Europa Park "Project V"

andrus said:
I think Soarin' is a fun and chilling ride :) It's great for small kids or adults who don't dare to go on the bigger rides. And even for adrenaline junkies who just want a break. I have faith in this project!

Regarding Soarin' at Disneyland: they really should move it to the new Star Wars land now, me thinks. Flying over California is nice and all, but flying through outer space chasing TIE fighters would be awesome :--D
Seeing as Animal Kingdom's Avatar Land will have have a flying theater, and Soarin's lines have been known to reach 5 hours I wouldn't put it past Didney to repeat the success!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The ride has open today. The theming is hot and I love all the owls.
DBYSvxGXgAA2vrb.jpg

DBOxeXWWAAQ1Xur.jpg

DBOxi14XkAA5LqL.jpg

DBOxgsZXYAA0ASC.jpg
DBOxl6SXcAI4zze.jpg

Source: ThemeparksEU

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Looks beautiful! Aesthetically it suits the park perfectly, and this sort of ride just feels right for Europa. I quite enjoy the Soarin' rides, unlike most it seems, and I hope the ride experience here is just as good. I certainly think the queue-line looks more impressive than that of its Disney counterparts. The use of owls was a great stylistic choice <3