What's new

ENSO; “Icon with a twist” opening at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2022

Sandman

Giga Poster
I’ve watched loads of the various POVs online now to get an overall idea of the spin rate.

To my eyes, there’s actually not that much in it.

Yes, it looks like having an empty seat or vastly lighter weight next to you does encourage a bit more of a ‘spin’, but still, it looks like it doesn’t really have the viciousness of RtH.

I notice a lot of the youtubers and bloggers that got the freebie rides on season launch day are more or less holding back on admitting that it’s clearly not value for money.

I don’t blame them really, I suppose by being completely honest with your viewers, you may sever any further privileges with BPB in future. Still, looks ****e.

spicy

Giga Poster
It seems to be like stiff? Like a Maurer spinner car seems way looser and spin a lot easier than these chairs do.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Mack extreme spinning coasters have magnetic braking systems onboard that can dampen the spinning. I assume that this has them as well, so they might be on a little high. Assuming that is the case, it'll be interesting to see if they calibrate it in the coming weeks based on popularity/feedback.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Mack extreme spinning coasters have magnetic braking systems onboard that can dampen the spinning. I assume that this has them as well, so they might be on a little high. Assuming that is the case, it'll be interesting to see if they calibrate it in the coming weeks based on popularity/feedback.
RTH doesn’t have it, they removed it. They spoke about it’s removal in a video.

As far as I’m aware there is no ‘live’ braking system on Enso either. It’s supposed to be free spinning.

Obviously I would imagine there is something they can do to alter resistance, tighten / loosen something off, but not an actual braking system that prevents a seat from spinning over a certain speed.

Matt N

CF Legend
On a side note; having watched the POVs of Enso, it reaffirms my previous view that controversially, I don't personally think Icon is a sluggish ride like most seem to. In those POVs, I think Icon looks fairly fast and action-packed right up to the end; perhaps not insanely fast, but fast enough for sure. From memory, I don't really remember Icon having any dull moments; even those s-bends at the end had a fair bit of fun factor for me!

I'm aware I'm in a minority there, though...

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
I weigh twice what the person sat next to me weighed, if that helps.

Actually, to the contrary, my partner, Cara, rode with somebody of equal weight, and they apparently got a couple of full spins (hence my use of the word ‘may!’) But she’s also ridden RTH and wasn’t impressed with Enso for the money.

But the key thing to remember is that I’m saying it’s ‘not worth the money.’ Not that it isn’t fun, or a good addition. I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anybody that a few seconds on a coaster sideways and backwards isn’t worth £15 when you can ride that same coaster forwards for free. Especially when you consider how many people moan about paying £9 to ride Olympia in a park that they entered for free!!!

If they do reduce the price, it will make it a much more worthwhile experience. My £3-5 figure is probably too low for an initial price, as it’d create capacity issues, but £15 is way too high for what it is. Perhaps somewhere in the middle with a further reduction as interest wains further.
I'd probably consider it at £7.99 or something like that. Below a tenner but over a fiver

Right now with the upped wristband prices plus the ridiculous cost for enso I won't be visiting anytime soon

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Pleasure Beach are such cheeky sods for charging that much. Honestly £15 upcharge for a spinning car is an all time low.. I used to really like BPB..

Disco Lumberjack

Roller Poster
I rode Enso yesterday and it was really quite excellent, I sat by myself on the right hand side, got a lot of spins - particularly on the junior immelmann after the second launch. My friend rode it immediately after me and it didn't spin as much for him, so it's clearly quite variable looking at the range of reports I've read. £15 is absolutely way too much though, I'd have loved to do it again but I couldn't justify it to myself.

A visit to Plopsaland has become a priority for me now!

smiffy9373

Roller Poster
I was at the event and it was 10 not 20 rides by someone, still £150!!! ENSO tickets were not discounted for the event.
Even the head of the club called him a muppet for spending so much.
Didn't ride it myself as can't justify the cost. Would need to be less than £10 for me.

Sent from my SM-T545 using Tapatalk

smiffy9373

Roller Poster
Fair enough. Club organiser asked the group in the evening who had been on ENSO and started counting up. Few had done it 2 or 3 times. He stopped counting and called him a muppet at 10. Hadn't thought that the guy putting his hand up had done even more.

Sent from my SM-T545 using Tapatalk

Disco Lumberjack

Roller Poster
I was also at the Blackpool Bash and talked to the guy, he did 10 on Saturday and then 10 on Sunday after the ERS. Even with him padding the numbers it seemed like they were dispatching a lot of trains with it empty, hopefully they'll bring the price down soon. Personally I'd consider paying for a day pass where you can ride it as many times as you want during the day. Price would have to be right though. 😁