What's new

ENSO; “Icon with a twist” opening at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in 2022

emoo

Hyper Poster
I'd enjoy a new fountain and agree with the park you literally cannot have enough. But a spinning car added will get me to visit in a flash.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

So a new rumour has surfaced, regarding a retheme of Skyforce into the ICON theme.
Ermmm... That wouldn't be 'Icon' with a twist.... It'd be 'something' with a twist of Icon...

Also... the Japanese word for 'Circle' is Enso

This is why PB have used Enso... The 'O' in their Enso is literally the same style of image, a single brushstroke, commonly used for the Japanese Enso circle symbol (Man I love Google sometimes!)

Last edited:
Ermmm... That wouldn't be 'Icon' with a twist.... It'd be 'something' with a twist of Icon...

Also... the Japanese word for 'Circle' is Enso

This is why PB have used Enso... The 'O' in their Enso is literally the same style of image, a single brushstroke, commonly used for the Japanese Enso circle symbol (Man I love Google sometimes!)
Tbf I thought it would be an interesting direction if they used the Icon With A Twist for a Skyforce retheme especially if the retheme or removal is only a matter of time for the ride now. It is most likely, if not already all but confirmed to be a HybridTrain added onto Icon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh yeah, definitely better now.

Icon and the Tweet. :D

oriolat2

Giga Poster
She is the real Icon.

ENSO looks great on paper. Let's see if it's an upcharge or how it affects operations, having such a tiny loading area, and losing 2 seats per train on a coaster with not such a big capacity to start with.

Changa

Mega Poster
Icon's never had more than a 15-20 minute wait when I've gone so I doubt the capacity will have too much of an effect.

It'll be a shame if its an upcharge but I couldn't blame them. I'd gladly pay the fee at least once a trip for a RTH-lite experience.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm curious about the specifics - Will this only be on one or two trains, or all 3? Will we no longer have the larger back row seats? How will the queueing work? I have so many questions.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm curious about the specifics - Will this only be on one or two trains, or all 3? Will we no longer have the larger back row seats? How will the queueing work? I have so many questions.
I can only imagine that the speedy pass queue will be used somehow, as it gives direct access to the rear of the train.

Will

Strata Poster
Hmm... certainly I'm prepared to give it a try (and quite happy to be proven wrong) but I remain sceptical that this is a good idea - or at least that I personally will find it an especially enjoyable ride.

I also flatly refuse to worship at the woman we once dubbed 'Blackpool's Pleasure Bitch'.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Weren't the back row seats the more...accommodating seats? If so I wonder what their plan is for that...

Surely it HAS to be an upcharge to approach anything close to being manageable?

Will

Strata Poster
Weren't the back row seats the more...accommodating seats? If so I wonder what their plan is for that...

Surely it HAS to be an upcharge to approach anything close to being manageable?
Yes. That's a very good point - I'm no expert, but could the seats simply be transferred elsewhere on the train, else those of a larger... carriage are forced into the spinning option? I believe the disabled line automatically feeds into the back row as well, though that's more easily resolved.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It has been confirmed that Enso will only be on one of Icon's three trains. Due to the limited capacity, it is - unsurprisingly - an upcharge.

£15 - standard ticket. You virtually wait the length of the queue of Icon
£25 - VIP ticket. You only wait 10% of the queue time for Icon

I guess £15 is comparable to Steel Taipan's spinning seat, although that doesn't have much of a wait to get on I believe?

I get the reason for the upcharge. But even though it's a pretty unique experience, it's just so expensive considering you can literally experience spinning launched coasters at other parks included in the park ticket.

Source from the horse's mouth: https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/icon/

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It has been confirmed that Enso will only be on one of Icon's three trains. Due to the limited capacity, it is - unsurprisingly - an upcharge.

£15 - standard ticket. You virtually wait the length of the queue of Icon
£25 - VIP ticket. You only wait 10% of the queue time for Icon

I guess £15 is comparable to Steel Taipan's spinning seat, although that doesn't have much of a wait to get on I believe?

I get the reason for the upcharge. But even though it's a pretty unique experience, it's just so expensive considering you can literally experience spinning launched coasters at other parks included in the park ticket.

Source from the horse's mouth: https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/icon/
Just came to post this…

Absolutely crazy pricing…

So we have to pay as much for one ride on Enzo as we can pay to ride RTH over and over again (amongst other things) at Plopsa???

If you pay that, you deserve a slap!

(So who’s going to issue me with my slap? 😩)

Edited to add: This will also be a fairly exclusive experience on busy days. With a despatch every 60 seconds on 3 trains, that’s 20 per hour, or 140 per average day!!! And that’s with 100% up time and no despatch delays!! So best to book early if you really want to do it!

Last edited: