What's new

English Football 2010/2011 Season

Dave

CF Legend
44520_10150257766000381_560120380_14355817_7340936_n.jpg

Looool, The Sun faaail.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Really looking forward to tonight! We're gonna lose but I can't wait to see how we play against a real premiership team (unlike last season, Dave ;) ) and to see if our new signing is any good. I find his shirt pretty funny...

0,,10280~8995054,00.jpg

It's pronounced Goolie :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
So Lewis, what do you make of the Pardew decision?

Especially after kickstarting your season with a 4-0 win, seems odd?

Mind you, a load of Boro fans already calling for Strachan to be sacked, I'd like to give him ten league games before I start calling for his head.

Edit : I've just seen your twitter post, obviously not very happy about it :lol:

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Pierre said:
So Lewis, what do you make of the Pardew decision?

Especially after kickstarting your season with a 4-0 win, seems odd?

Mind you, a load of Boro fans already calling for Strachan to be sacked, I'd like to give him ten league games before I start calling for his head.

Edit : I've just seen your twitter post, obviously not very happy about it :lol:

Yeah, I'm not happy about it at all! Pardew is the best manager we've had in a long time (since Strachan actually). He really wasn't given a decent chance, and if he was going to be sacked anyway, I don't know why they didnt do it before the season started and he bought 5 new players in! Nicola Cortese (our chairman, for those who care) is a complete ****er. He used to be okay, but since the whole photographer thing and now this, he can **** off for all I care...

[/rant]

Dave

CF Legend
Something tells me it wasn't right in the camp, like Terry being a rat in the England camp. It just might of been soured.

It's almost unexpected as Martin O'Neil.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Dave said:
Something tells me it wasn't right in the camp, like Terry being a rat in the England camp. It just might of been soured.

It's almost unexpected as Martin O'Neil.

Yes, apparently a few of the scouting staff had resigned saying that they couldn't work with Pardew and his staff and also NC didn't want AP to play a full strength squad tonight for the JPT, so they could focus on the league instead, whereas Pards wanted to defend the trophy, which is fair is enough.

Now it's the time we hear every name under the sun linked with us so far I've heard; Paul Tisdale (Exeter boss), Eddie Howe (B'mouth), Martin O'Neill, Glenn Hoddle (god no), Jurgen Klinsmann (pffft :roll:), Chris Coleman, etc.

Bookies put Gianfranco Zola as favourite at 4/1 atm. :roll:

Gianfranco Zola 4/1
Paul Tisdale 5/1
Eddie Howe 6/1
Glenn Hoddle 7/1
Gareth Southgate 8/1
Phil Brown 10/1
Tony Mowbray 10/1
Ian Dowie 14/1
Jim Magilton 14/1
Alan Shearer 16/1
Chris Coleman 16/1
Paul Jewell 16/1
Dean Wikins 16/1
Steve Clarke 16/1
Dennis Wise 16/1
Alan Curbishley 20/1
Paul Ince 20/1
Gary Megson 20/1
Kevin Blackwell 20/1
Micky Adams 22/1
Steve Coppell 25/1
Kevin Keegan 25/1
Chris Wilder 25/1
Alan Knill 28/1
Jim Gannon 28/1
Martin O'Neill 33/1
Jeff Kenna 33/1
Dan Petrescu 40/1
Carlton Palmer 66/1
Matthew Le Tissier 100/1

Dave

CF Legend
Looks like our amazing swap deal has almost collapsed. We don't have Liam Lawrence as the deal went through after the deadline. So emergency loan it'll have to be until January.

Redknapp and Spurs can get away with this, just smash a fax machine and claim its broken, and you've got a world class player....

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey

Looks like Nigel Adkins is our new boss. better than Paul Hart but can't say he's up to the standard of Pardew. Still think it was a stupid decision. Look at our run of form since then.... Lost to Swindon twice... :(

T0M

Hyper Poster
^ He may surprise you. I support Scun'thorpe and he can really motivate players and excite supporters. He's annoying as anything in interviews though, like a politician!

Lewis

Hyper Poster
roomraider said:
Hey

Looks like Nigel Adkins is our new boss. better than Paul Hart but can't say he's up to the standard of Pardew. Still think it was a stupid decision. Look at our run of form since then.... Lost to Swindon twice... :(

Bloody hell, another Saints fan! (Ian doesn't count :lol:)

I think that Adkins is a great decision, look at what he's done at Scúnthorpe on not a massive budget, give him some time and our form will come back (I hope!).

Went to MK last night, was dire, we were there better side in the first half, didn't turn up in the second half. Oh and MK smells of **** really badly.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!

Dave

CF Legend
Its Daaaaave! Hahah.

Leicester at home tonight, and again on Friday! I hope we win both games, but asking too much I feel?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Lewis said:
Oh and MK smells of **** really badly.

Yeah, for 3 days the wind blew the horrid smell of manure over the whole town. Complaints were made, fines have been issued.

Dons have had a lacklustre start - we need points, and fast!