What's new

English Football 2009/2010 Season

zcl

Mega Poster
So. I like how United loses Ronaldo and Tevez. At least I like the new kits. Maybe I should buy the old one before they stop selling them.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Hate to be Everton right now with THAT new kit.

United's is awfull too, as is the Chavs. This must be the year of the awfull kits.

Dave

CF Legend
Johnson is so worth the money you payed for him, plus you'll need him if you want to comply with the FIFA rules coming in a few years time ;)

Lewis

Hyper Poster
The Pinnacle Group, the consortium that was set to takeover Southampton have withdrawn their bid. :(

**** SAKE :(

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
Arrrgghhhh wtf!?! ****ing West Brom. Looks like We'll be looking for another new manager :evil: Eugh, I am now annoyed.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Martyn H said:
Arrrgghhhh wtf!?! ****ing West Brom. Looks like We'll be looking for another new manager :evil: Eugh, I am now annoyed.

That made me, very, VERY angry.

But I'm not now :) Why? Because within two days we had a new/old manager :D Paul Ince is back with the Dons :D :D I did worry that we'd have to have another manager to get used to, but Paul is simply the best manager that we have had in our short history.

I do wish good luck to Roberto, though. He was a very good manager, and I hope all good works out for him :)

And Owen to United...:shock: We already have loads of players capable of player striker. Oh well, I hope this kick starts his career again after what has been a dreadful one since his move to Real. I can see him starting for England again...Let's not jump too far ahead :lol:

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Woo! Billionaire Markus Liebherr, who was part of the Liebherr group (they make cranes and diggers) has purchased Southampton FC for an undisclosed fee.

**** yeah!

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
Martyn H said:

That made me, very, VERY angry.
I wasn't angry about losing Robbie, because his tactics were odd, most of the time. It was about finding a manager in time for the new season and other ****e. At least we have Incey back which means we won't just sit on 1-0 leads or time waste :D Who will be manager by the 2010/11 season? :lol:

Lewis said:
Woo! Billionaire Markus Liebherr, who was part of the Liebherr group (they make cranes and diggers) has purchased Southampton FC for an undisclosed fee.
YAY!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The BBC keep showing adverts saying they will have coverage of the Football League this season. Did they but the rights from Setanta to show the Football League games live?

I do hope so :D

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Interesting.....it appears BBC have 10 live matches next season. It doesn't say what BBC they would be on but hopefully they will be the Saturday afternoon matches. Also does this mean ITV have lost the rights and will not be doing the review programme on Sunday mornings.

The list of all the current UK tv rights are on this site:-

http://www.live-footballontv.com/footba ... ts-uk.html

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ I'm sure that ITV still have the highlights show. It's just Setanta had the rights to some FL games last season, and now with them going under, it looks to me as if the BBC have snapped them up. So it does look like live FL footy.

Good! For years the BBC seems to have favoured the Premier league more than FL clubs, especially in Score, so I hope this gives extended coverage of the FL.

(oh, and here's the advert for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8175365.stm)

clecktown

Roller Poster
^ I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that Football League highlights would be shown after the Premier League games on Match Of The Day.
Not sure If i believe it though, it already runs into early Sunday morning with only 10 (sometimes less) games.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The BBC had the rights since last year I believe to show the FL this year...

Naturally it's mostly Newcastle though :roll:

Just a week to go near as dammit and the Palace doom-mongers are out in force already :lol:

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Saints are making more signings (although they're only free transfers!)

Graeme Murty (ex-Reading captain) on a free.
Dan Harding (England U21 defender) on a free.

We're also suppose to be signing Radhi Jaidi on a free as well.

I'm also going to Swindon Town away on Tuesday 18th August... wooo :lol:

Emmett

Giga Poster
The BBC had the rights since last year I believe to show the FL this year...

Naturally it's mostly Newcastle though :roll:

Yes, the first match up is West Brom - Newcastle this Saturday at 5.30pm on BBC1.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Here is a complete list of all the rights the BBC has on it's FL coverage:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sporteditors/2009/08/the_right_to_highlight.html

For those who want it shortened:

1. They have rights to broadcast 10 Championship games live

2. They will have a FL highlights show after MotD with the best bits from the days action (which will also be on iPlayer the next day)

3. They will put extended highlights of all FL, Carling Cup and JPT games on it's website (However, they aren't allowed to be published there until Midnight the following day due to legality reasons (Sat games on Mon, Tue games on Thur etc))

I hope that's clear enough :p

clecktown

Roller Poster
^ Should be better online coverage with the BBC than Virgin Media last year. Sometimes they didn't put the highlights up on some weeks, and the commentators kept calling our players by the wrong names...

Don't know if anyone's interested, but our Chairman, Chief Executive and a few more people connected with the club are cycling from Huddersfield down to Southend for the game tomorrow in aid of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
There's a blog on our official site here.