What's new

Energylandia | Zadra | RMC I-Box

Snoo

The Legend
Dar, I'm not acting like a holier than thou enthusiast - but the worst type of enthusiast is the one that slags off a POV of a video without riding anything even remotely similar. It's just an absolutely ignorant look on it and just resembles someone trying to be edgy and different by not following the masses.

To be fair to @Dar, I share his feelings albeit not in the same words and I've been on a plethora of RMC's. I'm certainly not attempting to be edgy or different by saying that by any stretch. I was just as excited as everyone else with the pictures and early videos. I also think that I, along with some others such as Dar, may just be numb to RMC's at this point given how many have came out with similar layouts, elements, all that jazz.

Also, on top of that, the fanboyism around RMC's can be a bit toxic I've noticed as of late, especially from some Europeans who gushed over Untamed and Zadra. Ya'll.. they look good but there are a dozen others like em. The hype train left the station about 3 years ago. :p

All that being said, I certainly don't feel it won't be bad but it may not be as good as everyone is gushing over. I'll gladly eat crow once I get on it however as I've been delightfully wronged in the past by feelings before I ride but I've also been confirmed as well. We shall see.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
To be fair to @Dar, I share his feelings albeit not in the same words and I've been on a plethora of RMC's. I'm certainly not attempting to be edgy or different by saying that by any stretch. I was just as excited as everyone else with the pictures and early videos. I also think that I, along with some others such as Dar, may just be numb to RMC's at this point given how many have came out with similar layouts, elements, all that jazz.

Also, on top of that, the fanboyism around RMC's can be a bit toxic I've noticed as of late, especially from some Europeans who gushed over Untamed and Zadra. Ya'll.. they look good but there are a dozen others like em. The hype train left the station about 3 years ago. :p

All that being said, I certainly don't feel it won't be bad but it may not be as good as everyone is gushing over. I'll gladly eat crow once I get on it however as I've been delightfully wronged in the past by feelings before I ride but I've also been confirmed as well. We shall see.
I read all of that, then your top ten, and nearly spat my coffee out ???

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah he's just trying to be edgy again.

The reason an American enthusiast may look down one's nose at this is because not only do they have what? 10? RMCs in the US... So they have a good selection to ride and fall in love with. Us Europeans have only had Wildfire and up until very recently Untamed. Yeah the hype train over here is in overload at the moment, but we are now where the US members were a few years back.

But also, this will take a height record away from the Yanks ;)
giphy.gif

Any well traveled enthusiast can see this has potential to be up there in the top 3 RMC's built. Maybe not, we won't know until we experience it ourselves, but is has the right ingredients for sure.

emoo

Hyper Poster
According to the park's website, Zadra is around 209ft tall making it the world's tallest hybrid. This means Gwa2i must be between 205 and 209ft tall in height.

Maybe, but Gwazi can still be built higher. The tallest roller coaster cant stop another one being built taller but it can at least claim the record for this year.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Maybe, but Gwazi can still be built higher. The tallest roller coaster cant stop another one being built taller but it can at least claim the record for this year.
I thought it had already been said by Fred (I think) that Zadra would be the tallest in the world, and Gwazi is the tallest in north America???

Snoo

The Legend

I mean.. ok? I never ever have said they were bad rides or that what they do isn't amazing because my Top 10 reflects that. But we're getting to a point where the rides themselves are indeed getting repetitive with nothing new that we haven't seen before. Point me to an element on Zadra that we haven't seen, either completely or mostly in some close variation, on another RMC? It's tough for me personally to get UBER excited at pieces reorganized from other RMC's I've been on. And let's be honest, we all knew they couldn't innovate forever.

As I said, I'm not ya'll. Have fun being blow your load excited for it. I'm not. Am I excited? Of course. I'd probably fly to Europe and make a trip about it like I did for Wildfire in 2016, but am I going to say I'm not as excited as I have been or as excited as others are just to not get ostracized for having that feeling? Nope. Because giving a **** about that isn't in my DNA. I still don't like Skyrush as much (suck it haters) because of the restraints. It's still in my Top 30 though.

@DelPiero really said it best while being a cute snarky little bitch that he is (love you boo).

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Off topic.... but put B&M clamshells on Skyrush and it may be one of the best coasters out there. I'm pretty sure I've seen that said on this forum before but after riding it I know what what everyone is talking about.

On topic... Zadra looks spectacular. Having only been on three RMC's, I'm super excited. I was planning a trip in 2021 to Phantasialand, Efteling, and Toverland but now I'm thinking I'll fly over to Poland and hit Energylandia for this at the end of the trip.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I mean.. ok? I never ever have said they were bad rides or that what they do isn't amazing because my Top 10 reflects that. But we're getting to a point where the rides themselves are indeed getting repetitive with nothing new that we haven't seen before. Point me to an element on Zadra that we haven't seen, either completely or mostly in some close variation, on another RMC? It's tough for me personally to get UBER excited at pieces reorganized from other RMC's I've been on. And let's be honest, we all knew they couldn't innovate forever.

As I said, I'm not ya'll. Have fun being blow your load excited for it. I'm not. Am I excited? Of course. I'd probably fly to Europe and make a trip about it like I did for Wildfire in 2016, but am I going to say I'm not as excited as I have been or as excited as others are just to not get ostracized for having that feeling? Nope. Because giving a **** about that isn't in my DNA. I still don't like Skyrush as much (suck it haters) because of the restraints. It's still in my Top 30 though.

@DelPiero really said it best while being a cute snarky little bitch that he is (love you boo).
I meant no offence, it just made me laugh is all :) I mean of course you’re going to be getting less excited about them when you’ve been lucky enough to have so many nearby to ride, and even luckier in that you’ve been able to travel cross continent. Europe has only just got their 2nd and 3rd... and in fact their 1st Ibox.

That being said, Untamed’s first inversion (with the stupid long name, is it double inverting corner stall?) Is new I believe, one of the best elements on the ride, and very unique, to me at least. :)

Snoo

The Legend
I meant no offence, it just made me laugh is all :) I mean of course you’re going to be getting less excited about them when you’ve been lucky enough to have so many nearby to ride, and even luckier in that you’ve been able to travel cross continent. Europe has only just got their 2nd and 3rd... and in fact their 1st Ibox.

That being said, Untamed’s first inversion (with the stupid long name, is it double inverting corner stall?) Is new I believe, one of the best elements on the ride, and very unique, to me at least. :)

Nah you good. I know you didn't. Just felt the need to expand a bit on my original point.

That inversion is unique but it is more of a variation of an inversion I've seen on SV and Wildfire just in reverse. Looks great tho.

This is the first and only ground up Ibox coaster. All the other ones have been retrofits. So I guess that’s unique right?

Quite in fact. Ground up installs from RMC tend to be better in general IMO short of SV. However, I feel like CP just went "Have fun and go crazy" when they made SV meanwhile some other retrofits had smaller footprints to work with as well as possibly a smaller budget.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Most European coaster fans don't have the means to get out to the States to ride an RMC. They are scattered about quite far apart from each other from what I can see. Even the single one we had before Untamed in Kolmarden, Sweden is a bitch to get to and didn't feature the RMC Ibox track.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm a little bit in both camps to be honest, and I think that is reflected in the numbers; see, I've ridden 6 RMC's now. Enough to be 'over' the initial excitement of riding something so radically different, but not enough to be quite so jaded by them as our man Snoo over there seems to be. He's absolutely right, of course, Zadra does indeed seem to be a combination of various elements that we've already seen across RMC's portfolio of coasters, but... and this is a BIG but... just look at the way they're thrown together! Look at the speed! Look at how beautiful and balanced and intimidating the whole thing looks in those drone shots.
I might not be jumping on a flight to Poland right now!!! - but I'm sure as hell lining this place up for next season. :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm a little bit in both camps to be honest, and I think that is reflected in the numbers; see, I've ridden 6 RMC's now. Enough to be 'over' the initial excitement of riding something so radically different, but not enough to be quite so jaded by them as our man Snoo over there seems to be. He's absolutely right, of course, Zadra does indeed seem to be a combination of various elements that we've already seen across RMC's portfolio of coasters, but... and this is a BIG but... just look at the way they're thrown together! Look at the speed! Look at how beautiful and balanced and intimidating the whole thing looks in those drone shots.
I might not be jumping on a flight to Poland right now!!! - but I'm sure as hell lining this place up for next season. :)
Dude is right for once @Snoo :rolleyes:

Snoo

The Legend
Most European coaster fans don't have the means to get out to the States to ride an RMC. They are scattered about quite far apart from each other from what I can see. Even the single one we had before Untamed in Kolmarden, Sweden is a bitch to get to and didn't feature the RMC Ibox track.

Yeah and those are the ones who've been the most excited for this. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't share that enthusiasm. Also the RMC's being spread out is certainly relative as ya'll may see a 5 hour drive and cringe while I make that for most trips I do. Just another day really.

Also Wildfire* as Kolmarden certainly wasn't that hard to get to and iBox/Topper ride nearly the same.

Dude is right for once @Snoo :rolleyes:

1566481690604.jpeg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Judging by the lady's hair in the back rown POV, this ride has non-stop airtime. For ****'s sake, it looked like her hair was being pulled xD

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Point me to an element on Zadra that we haven't seen, either completely or mostly in some close variation

The first turn around is unique.

I think this is great for Europe, I hope to see more RMC's in other part of the world. I don't see a problem with the elements, they don't get old to me.

Last edited: