What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Dave

CF Legend
Chances are Energylandia already know who the manufacturer will be.

Of course they do, you don't order something blindly or let the public decide what roller coaster should be. It have fifty 'oops otherwise!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A more recent post by Energylandia says that they do know who it is, and at 7:00 (Poland) they will tell us who the manufacturer is and all of the stats to go along with it!

JKM

Mega Poster
So it will be Intamin.

wysokość: ponad 80 metrów- height more than 80m
- prędkość: ponad 140 km/h- speed more than 140km/h
- 85 stopni nachylenia przy spadku- 85 dagree first drop
- efekt wodny- splash flow
- przejazd przez tunel z maksymalną prędkością- tunnel
- liczne zwroty i inwersje- inversions ??
- maksymalna szybkość przy zakrętach i pikowaniu w dół,
- gigantyczna prędkość przy wyjazdach na wzniesienia, efekt nieważkości,
- fascynujące dodatnie i ujemne przeciążenia,
- podwójne zakręty,
- niespodziewane efekty grawitacyjne,
- panoramiczna fala, z zachwycającym widokiem,
- obrotowe nachylenie toru...

Bla bla bla.
No specific data. Everything that we already know.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
IT HAS JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED THAT THE MEGA COASER WILL BE BUILT BY INTAMIN IN 2018!

Stats:

Height: 80m (262ft approx.)
Speed: 140kmph (87mph approx.)
Angle of Descent: 85 degrees

Will also feature a water/splash effect and a tunnel after the first drop.

The ride has also had a slight layout change, which includes the addition of a Stengel Dive and some other changes.

I cannot wait for this ride, and it could potentially be a top 10 roller coaster in the world!

New video:

Last edited:

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
Meh. Still think the Vekoma ride had the better layout. Disappointed with the park's choice and i find the layout to be rather uninspired.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Meh. Still think the Vekoma ride had the better layout. Disappointed with the park's choice and i find the layout to be rather uninspired.
Well the execution of the Vekoma may have ben poor, as it looked to have had the vest restraints. I did prefer the Vekoma layout, but now having modified the Intamin one slightly, I think now I prefer the Intamin one. At least with the Intamin it will be a great ride for sure! It will probably suffer a lot of down time with the cable lift, but that's just the thing with Intamin!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
While it looks like a good coaster its a shame they went with Intamin for me. Less excited than i would have been, but its a solid addition for any park especially one like this.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It was really only us enthusiasts who voted, but it was probably around 55% Intamin, 45% Vekoma sounds about right based on what I've seen...

TilenB

Strata Poster
It looks really good! If it weren't for that monstrosity in Salou, this would've become the fastest and tallest coaster in Europe!

I do hope somebody picks up on Vekoma in the future. Their proposal seemed really nice too.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
The new layout is certainly an improvement on the old intamin one but I'd still rather the Vekoma just for a change if anything. Excited by the trains, I'm expecting Taron Trains but 4 across which aren't quite as good as Mack seats but are still up there with the best! If it's wing seats then it's an even bigger bonus.

Ben

CF Legend
^Trust, if it's wing seats, they're better than the Macks.

If it's wing seats I will cry with happiness that they'll be in Europe, for they are God's greatest gift.

TilenB

Strata Poster
If it's wing seats I will cry with happiness that they'll be in Europe, for they are God's greatest gift.
Do Flying Aces and Skyrush have the same seats? I remember Skyrush getting a lot of stick due to restrains back when it first opened and am just wondering whether that has changed since or was it only Flying Aces that got the 'upgrade'?

But yeah, wing seats on that turnaround sound like heaven. :)

Ben

CF Legend
The seats feel the same (but I'm literally going off feelings and memories) but the restraints on Flying Aces don't crush you like Skyrush's do - I think they've been redone.

The trains on Flying Aces are really good.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yay Intamin.

Layout looks really good, can't remember exactly what the original proposals looked like (for both manufactures) but I remember both of them looking good so they'd probably be happy either way. I like the new seating, it's not winged seats but the sitting on the ends should be a lot of fun.

Lofty

CF Legend
Layout looks OK, but I still think it'll feel quite short? Also, not a huge fan of the Double S Bend section, smaller S hills like on the Mega-Lites would have worked so much better.