What's new

ElloCoaster - 2019 Wood & Steel Results! {Page 3}

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'm so glad to see that 44 rides out placed the Beast. <3 ......Although I have to laugh at Wacky Taxi being #26!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm confused as to how T-Express placed so high with only 15 riders. @Jim in Canada can you explain how that happened?
The results aren't based on numbers of riders, otherwise the most-ridden rides will end up at the top, with lesser-known rides never getting a chance.

It's based on comparisons, so those 15 riders places T Express above most other coasters on their list.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Although I have to laugh at Wacky Taxi being #26!
Oscar's Wacky Taxi. What is there to say about it? The answer to that question is quite a lot. So, to understand the majesty and complexity of this masterpiece, let's start from the beginning. The time, mid 2017. And as for the coaster community, we had a lot going for ourselves. To put it simply, a wide variety of E ticket attractions were scheduled to dominate the globe in 2018. These include rides such as Steel Vengeance, Time Traveler, Twisted Timbers, SW8, Icon, FLY, among other noteworthy attractions form big players such as Disney and Universal. However, in the midst of these stunning announcements, Sesame Place rose to the challenge. They showed the world that just because other parks are building highly anticipated rides, doesn't mean they can't be one-upped. Out of nowhere, a dark horse if you will, came out of nowhere. We found out that Sesame Place would be adding a new attraction. Many enthusiasts simply brushed off the teaser, assuming it wouldn't pique their interests. But they were wrong. Surprising many, Sesame Place revealed their latest masterpiece: Oscar's Wacky Taxi. We were all blown away by this amazing contraption. An airtime machine, at a kid's park? Impossible. Such a thing simply cannot be. Already stunned by this amazing feat, everyone gasped as this ride would be created by none other than... Gravity Group. Yes, the Gravity Group. The Gravity Group that has earned a firm reputation in crating some of the most mine blowing rides in the industry. There is one more point I'd like to mention as to why this ride has Cedar Point, Six Flags, Disney, Universal, and the like trembling in fear. The supports are green. Quick, name a woodie with green supports. I'll wait...... Exactly. You can't do it. Because no ride on earth is on the level of sheer excellence and majesty that Oscar's Wacky Taxi is on. In conclusion, we can all just stop talking about Steel Vengeance, Icon, and whatever else... because the true king of 2018, is Oscar's Wacky Taxi.

Peet

Giga Poster
Here are the UK rankings:
Screenshot_20190109-202048.jpg
The only surprise for me is Big Dipper beating the Nash. I guess it's the roughness that's puting people off although BD isn't exactly a float on a cloud.
It's sad that our once-great nation is being beaten by the likes of France and Ireland.

It's also fascinatimg that Grizzly at KD was voted better than Grand National's right hand track, but not as good as the lefto_O

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
A bit strange that Boardwalk Bullet is ranked so high. I'm guessing it's got a lot of votes from folks who rode it a long time ago.

I rode it a couple of years after it opened and it was terrific. Three years ago I rode it again and it had deteriorated significantly. Really rough - although one train was noticeably worse than the other.

Snoo

The Legend
A bit strange that Boardwalk Bullet is ranked so high. I'm guessing it's got a lot of votes from folks who rode it a long time ago.

I rode it a couple of years after it opened and it was terrific. Three years ago I rode it again and it had deteriorated significantly. Really rough - although one train was noticeably worse than the other.

Let's be honest, there are a number of questions outside of just BB. And to be fair, I feel the same on it as I did in 2013 when I last rode it. Life RFII, the hype train is still real for those folks who have not reridden it. Those who've been on it again know whats up. THAT is why Voyage has been fully retracked in recent years. GG make great rides but their attractions suffer over time.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the steel coaster poll - it has been 6 years since the last Mitch Hawker poll and a lot has changed since then! Hopefully enough people vote to make the results meaningful. The RMCs have dominated the wooden coaster polls so I expect to see something similar for the steel coasters.

Jim in Canada

Roller Poster
I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the steel coaster poll - it has been 6 years since the last Mitch Hawker poll and a lot has changed since then! Hopefully enough people vote to make the results meaningful. The RMCs have dominated the wooden coaster polls so I expect to see something similar for the steel coasters.
I was really anxious about the possibility that the steel poll wouldn't receive enough ballots to make the rankings significant. I mean, it's pretty daunting to download that ballot and see 2505 coasters (and that's after omitting the wacky worms, powered coasters, butterflies, kiddie coasters, alpine coasters, and travelling coasters). However, all but two of the people who've submitted ballots so far have submitted both wood and steel ballots - and there's no indication that the other two won't eventually get their steel ballots in.
Fingers crossed.
It's also nice to see that nearly half of the voters so far live outside the US.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I was really anxious about the possibility that the steel poll wouldn't receive enough ballots to make the rankings significant. I mean, it's pretty daunting to download that ballot and see 2505 coasters (and that's after omitting the wacky worms, powered coasters, butterflies, kiddie coasters, alpine coasters, and travelling coasters). However, all but two of the people who've submitted ballots so far have submitted both wood and steel ballots - and there's no indication that the other two won't eventually get their steel ballots in.
Fingers crossed.
It's also nice to see that nearly half of the voters so far live outside the US.
I did my rankings yesterday, but I'm yet to send them in. I have a tip regarding the steel coaster ballot for the coming years. I've seen that you've removed most of the small scale coasters, so I think it would also be a good idea to get rid of all the small scale SBF Visa rides. Rcdb lists them as family coasters, but I don't think anybody thinks much of them anyways (and doing that, there would be 195 coasters less to bother with when making one's list).

Jim in Canada

Roller Poster
I did my rankings yesterday, but I'm yet to send them in. I have a tip regarding the steel coaster ballot for the coming years. I've seen that you've removed most of the small scale coasters, so I think it would also be a good idea to get rid of all the small scale SBF Visa rides. Rcdb lists them as family coasters, but I don't think anybody thinks much of them anyways (and doing that, there would be 195 coasters less to bother with when making one's list).
Yes, we considered that and will probably filter those out next year. Leaving them in this year was more or less to see what people think of them, since every park on earth is apparently planning to install one of these if they haven't already.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Fixed. ;) Working to get my ballots submitted too. Good holiday activity.