What's new

Election 2010!

Do this.

http://www.votematch.org.uk/

I got UKIP then BNP.

Not that I'd vote for anyone other than Labour, but it was interesting seeing which party I was most linked with. And ironically, the ones which gave me the highest match for BNP were about the economy, with the Conservatives being my stance on Immigration.

Smithy said:

I did, here are my results.

UK Independence Party: 71%
British National Party: 59%
Conservative Party: 38%
Labour Party: 32%
Liberal Democrats: 22%

What I expected tbh. I won't vote Labour or Lib Dem and UKIP is a wasted vote in my area.

Looks like I'm more or less settled on the Tories now.

Conservative Party came out top on mine. But tbh the questions are rather pants and are not really about much I am interested in, so its a load of crap tbh.

I disagree with Marc, I think it's fab.

UKIP - 59%
Conservative - 45%
Liberal Democrats - 31%
Labour - 24%
Green Party - 14%

I'd never vote conservatives on principal, it's just that I fit into a lot of their generalisations.

If I do vote properly, it'd be for Lib Dems - as they're the only party which have come anywhere near close to persuading me to have ballot times.

UKIP I will vote for if Clegg doesn't convince me enough- as a protest vote. I can't be doing with the BNP. Casual racism and the such is fab, but pure hatred isn't cool!

What I mean is a lot of the questions in that quiz are only directed towards 3 parties which is why I feel it is not a true test :)

Near enough everyone at work or I speak to has had enough of Europe and to many people coming to the UK.

I dont know finding it hard to explain what I mean tbh lol.

I think what you're trying to say Marc is "I like Europe to trade with and have freedom of passage, but I think we should not be governed by them."

I don't want to put words in your moth but that's what I think you're trying to say. In fact that stement is exactly how I feel about Europe.

^ Yes, it's been a while!

I think that's why my results always end up being UKIP/BNP type parties. I am all for Europe as a trading state, just not as a United States.

Another reason not to vote Lib Dem imo. They will take us further into Europe which could add more errosion to Britain. That scares me.

Too long in fact!

In my opinion, we need a return to the absolute monarchy! Let's let Liz loose with those sainted white gloves of hers! <3

Ian said:
^ Yes, it's been a while!

I think that's why my results always end up being UKIP/BNP type parties. I am all for Europe as a trading state, just not as a United States.

Another reason not to vote Lib Dem imo. They will take us further into Europe which could add more errosion to Britain. That scares me.

But they say they want to hold a referundum on the EU?

I took that quiz and the top 3 were Labour, Lib Dem and Tories, the gap between Labour and Lib Dems was about 5%.

Dave said:
Ian said:
Another reason not to vote Lib Dem imo. They will take us further into Europe which could add more errosion to Britain.
But they say they want to hold a referundum on the EU?
Both the Lib Dems and the Conservatives say they will hold referenda for any big changes on Europe.

Labour don't - but then they've already shat-out of EU referenda before!

The problem with referendums, if the Government gets the result it doesn't want, they'll keep referendumming (?) us until we agree.

All this negative publictity around about Clegg is bad news. Some people will end up voting for his party out of spite.

If you think pollitical correctness is over-the-top nowadays, just think how it would be under the Lib Dems!

I won't even get started on Trident!

I've now made my mind up, I'm voting Tory. They are the only party that can unseat the Lib Dem currently holding my area so for the sake of the UK's standing in the world, our values and British identity, that horrible slimey Cameron bloke can have my vote. *shudder*

Plus I'll be £40 richer (in the short term, hahaha) if Tories win Eastleigh.

I did that quiz thing, says I should vote BNP....worrying haha.

I'm going to vote Conservative just because of their policies about creating more jobs for post-graduates. In my opinion I don't really have to worry about the rest of the government policies until I live in the 'real world' as opposed to the 'student world'.

^Yeah, but the "create more jobs" thing is an obvious policy that gets wheeled out constantly, with no real, workable plan of action to make it happen.

I'm pretty certain I'll be going for Lib Dem now. I refuse to EVER vote Conservative, I'm less than impressed with Labour these days (although they had done a fair bit of good until fairly recently), and even though I don't agree with everything Lib Dem (not that I expect to agree 100% with any party), I'm willing to give them a chance.

BNP, UKIP, Green, Plaid Cymru ar just so distant to my personal code of ethics to even be anywhere near in the running.

nadroJ said:
I'm going to vote Conservative just because of their policies about creating more jobs for post-graduates.
If you're keeping it that specific, Lib Dems will cancel your tuition fees :p.

Since we're nailing our colours up, I'm coming out as Lib Dem.

Never voted for them before, but their policies, personnel & conduct are STREETS ahead of the other two.

The Tory press machine's smear campaign today has been disgusting btw.

Well, I have and have never had any specific political views, but even before last weeks debate, I was swaying slightly towards Lib Dems. They have policies which are fair for all, honest and best of all, different.

However, they are not capable of running our country, not by a long shot, and the Lib Dem bandwagon is annoying me a bit...

The Tories will definitely put up the Uni tuition fees, which will most likely affect me first. That'll be a bummer.

As I said last week, best bet is hung parliament.

Will watch tonight again with detail, post my response later tonight or tomorrow.

Indeed.

I will not vote Conservative because I still feel that they will have us smack back in the Victorian period before we could say referendum, extreme class system and all, the richer will get richer and ever more greedy and the poor will get poorer, no matter how hard they try to get out of the rut. Whats more, they claim to have changed but have very little to actually proove it... (It also doesnt help that Cameron is a really slimy snob... eurghh)

Labour. For the most part, their policies have been what I want to hear. My biggest problem is that after x number of years of their broken promises, the record is beyond scratched and my trust long past believing another bunch of bull all over again. They are very good at telling us what we want to hear - just not delivering it.

Liberal Democrats are streaks ahead for me. Apart from the Europe issue. I am to wait until tonights debate on foreign policy before I make a conclusion on it but it isn't quite what I think is ideal. However, everything else has been far superior and they certainly have a handle on the issues that need rectifying. Education, The NHS, Police have all been covered in the manner I want them to be. Can we trust them?... well if we don't ever give them the chance, we will never know! can they do a worse job then has been done already? Can it get any worse?

BNP and UKIP... I really don't need to explain why I wouldn't vote for them...

Overall, There are still 2 more debates on TV to go for starters, so 2 more lots of information to take in. It is all relevant and all adds to the cooking pot on top of their manifestos before I finally take a gulp. Either way, I WILL be voting because I believe if you don't vote, you don't have a right to complain, basically along the lines of what I know Stone Cold and Furie have both said...

^Overall I think I agree with you. I'm not voting for Conservatives because Cameron is a prick. Their policies are average, but it's the fact that I could not have him as Prime Minster. I think it would be a travesty.

There's not that much really wrong with Labour I don't think, it's just a case of change.

Lib Dems seem like the best choice for me, but their policies on Europe seem to be putting me off slightly. As for UKIP/BNP well, they're unlikely to get my vote!