What's new

Duck ride accident

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I havent posted on CF for a while but I found this video today. Pretty interesting and iv never seen anything like it happen before. Enjoy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlyzHkRESaI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I'm not sure what park it is but im sure someone on here will :)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
:lol: The only things I can spot that would have caused that is either spinning to fast or poor ride maintenence.

Nic

Strata Poster
Why can I totally see something like this happening on a CF trip to some crappy little park at some point?! hahahaha

Lofty

CF Legend
I just saw this on Youtube. I laughed, then realised how serious it could have been. They're really lucky it's the shape it is and it didn't get chance to turn over. I love how the ride didn't stop at all, it just carried on mincing around as though nothing had happened.

Hurri

Mega Poster
It starts to slow down when the duck detaches, I think the operator probably pressed stop fairly quickly but the ride is designed to slow down gradually. If there is an Estop it probably just cuts the power, which would likely leave the ride turning until it lost momentum, so that may be what happened.

In any case, it makes you wonder. I mean, this obviously isn't quite up to the manufacturing standards of the Teacups at TP, but I've gone extremely fast on those and felt it bumping, I suppose it's potentially possible for it to shear off like this. The duck's speed appears to have completely ripped the bearing apart.

It's funny because no one was hurt, but if there had been a small child in the duck's trajectory or if it had overturned we may be seeing a very different story...

ry1996

Mega Poster
I found that hilarious But i realized how Serious that could have been It near missed people Filming it i saw and it could have been in danger of tipping over How come none other Ducks were going fast though was it die to poor maintenance or what ?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well the speed is controlled by the riders (like pretty much EVER teacups type ride), so if the other riders weren't trying to spin fast, then the ducks won't.

As for the danger? I'm not so sure it's that dangerous for the guys inside the duck. I mean, sure it could've flipped over, but they were only going very slowly and it really wouldn't have been that bad. Just a tumble really. What is good though is that there was no-one stood in the way. An adult might have just gotten knocked down, but a child might have come off a little worse. Frankly I think say this could've been really dangerous is a bit much, it's a tiny ride travelling very slowly.

A

Anonymous

The company that own those rides aren't really known for keeping their rides safe...
Several people (maintenance, operators, riders) have been hurt and also died form injuries inflicted by malfunctioning rides (electrocutions, hit by moving stuff, falling apart, etc...). They have some ace Waltzers though :p