What's new

Dubai Hills Mall | Storm | Intamin Indoor Launch Coaster | 2022

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
And with that, the coaster is open and the thread no longer siticked.

richardcrete

Mega Poster

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Here’s a short part of the pov they say they don’t have. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rode this today - it's really quite good.

The pre-show thing is cheesy, but then that sort of thing always is, but the quality of the production is very high, the screen quality is great, and it has a few fairly decent effects. It's also a good length, not too short and not too long.

As for the coaster itself - I liked it. The vertical launch is cool, and there's a decent pop of ejector at the top. The layout is good with a solid mix of turns, inversions and drops. It is trimmed pretty heavily throughout, but that's to be expected on something like this, I suppose. I rode front and back, and definitely preferred the front, although there was some killer hangtime in the back row on the inversions.

Best "mall cred" I've done, by quite some margin. I don't think it'd hold it's own in many other settings though, to be honest. Did it in the daytime, so no comment on the indoor lighting package, but have driven past it several times at night now, and it has an impressive exterior lighting setup.

Oh, and they currently have no 'viewing gallery' or anything, so it is a bit crap for spectators. I did take some photos from the platform which I'll share when I'm home, but frankly they're the same as Dave's photos above.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Glad you liked it. It’s crazy that there is nowhere to see it from. I went outside and got told I wasn’t allowed out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Glad you liked it. It’s crazy that there is nowhere to see it from. I went outside and got told I wasn’t allowed out there.
I did notice a staircase leading from the main ticket area up to a level above, but it was coned off. I wonder if there is some sort of viewing platform above the station, and it's just not finished yet? Would seem like a very odd place to have a staircase if it wasn't eventually intended for public use.