What's new

Drayton Manor 2014

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
DM already has 3 family coasters so they really don't need a mine train. They need to get a good Intamin or B&M.

Darren B

Giga Poster
cjbrandy said:
DM already has 3 family coasters so they really don't need a mine train. They need to get a good Intamin or B&M.

That's NEVER going to happen again. Shockwave was a huge investment for the park 20 years ago and even then they could only afford an extremely basic/short layout.

DMP would be very much searching down the lower spectrum of manufacturers for a large thrill coaster, but, their next Roller coaster won't be a thrill coaster, it'll be a family coaster because that is DMP's target audience and it works for them. They already have more than enough to please the thrill seekers.

Darren B

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Mack Mega-Lite or even a Juvelen clone...

One or the other... Both preferably...

I don't see the Mega-Lite being an option, but something similar to Juvelen is just what the park needs. It's a huge pleaser for all ages! But, DMP just can't afford that sort of coaster anymore. Shame.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Yeah a juvelen clone is perfect for the park, but would never happen. I guess something like a Vekoma motorbike could be in their price range. I personally would love to see a Chance coaster (aka Lightning Run) I don't know how they'd fit it in, but if they could that would be pretty amazing to have a airtime machine in the UK. But yeah, I know how unlikely that is.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
elephant58 said:
Is the Air Race open now?
Staff rides are happening at the moment and apparently over 75% of the staff have been throwing up afterwards lol.

So expect to open in the next few weeks.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Darren B said:
I don't see the Mega-Lite being an option, but something similar to Juvelen is just what the park needs. It's a huge pleaser for all ages! But, DMP just can't afford that sort of coaster anymore. Shame.

Yet they have enough cash to build a brand new hotel and expand Thomasland...

Oh well good luck to them. At least they've identified their target market and are catering for the people pretty well.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^Anybody can afford anything within reason.

My claim was more to do with that they don't have the sort of money to spend such an amount on a coaster. It would leave them unable to make any further investments in the park for 5 years. The hotel was a must for them and it'll pay off, but the park has lacked investment since the hotel.

They'll buy a budget coaster around the 5 million mark and that'll be it. It's not going to be a world beater.