What's new

Drayton Manor 2014

peep

CF Legend
Code:
So the park is slowly teasing their fanbase via their Facebook page regarding a new attraction for this year. Apparently it will open in the Summer.

Drayton Manor said:
New attraction teaser - you'll experience stomach churning g-forces, loops, dives, banks and weightlessness. Sounds fun doesn't it?

Drayton Manor said:
We think our new arrival will test even the most experienced thrill seekers! #draytonmanor #summer2014

Rumours are that it's either a rollercoaster or a thrill ride (sorry for stating the obvious), if it's a thrill ride people reckon it could be an air race which I think sounds very likely and given the timeframe makes it very realistic.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Well, I'm just glad that they're hinting at something new.

They're last non-family addition was G-Force, I think?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's too late for it to be anything other than a flat ride, which makes that first quote slightly misleading.

Cue the disappointment...

Pierre

Strata Poster
In fairness, Flamingo Land (not a great example I know :lol: ) - didn't announced their Volare until Jan/Feb time. That may have been down to their poor/lack of PR and MArketing team though!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ True, but that's an exception to the rule, and a Volare isn't much more than a fairground coaster; they can be thrown up in a matter of weeks.

So if it's a coaster, which I highly doubt, it's not going to be anything decent; it can't be given the time frame.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Finally something new for a thrill seeker to do at Drayton. It's my favourite family park, but with this thrill ride addition it will make the day a bit better as you wont be re-riding the same rides as much.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oooh, I like Air Races <3 But it's Drayton so they'll keep the vulgar theming it automatically comes with I should think rather than doing a Tivoli and making it beautiful.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The Air Race is a wonderful attraction, congratulations to Drayton Manor visitors!

Interesting that they chose the 6 arms version. The new 8 arm version is another 150 people per hour. Sure it is another € 200 000 on the final price tag, but that has to be considered a small amount when making a €1,5 million investment.

nadroJ said:
Oooh, I like Air Races <3 But it's Drayton so they'll keep the vulgar theming it automatically comes with I should think rather than doing a Tivoli and making it beautiful.

I actually like the air race theming. Its better than nothing, like this one:
mqdefault.jpg

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
nadroJ said:
Doing a Tivoli has to become a 'thing'.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, another great ride that you wont go on while you're there and complain the park is crap, despite missing all the best rides :p

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
furie said:
Yep, another great ride that you wont go on while you're there and complain the park is crap, despite missing all the best rides :p

I got on all the coasters and the rip off Pirates of The Caribbean! The operations and park atmosphere as well as the poor coasters make it a bad park. :p