What's new

Dorney Park | Iron Menace | B&M Dive Machine | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
I wonder why they went for 7 seat train width? I mean, it's fine, I don't have any issue with it, I'm just curious as to what the thinking was behind that decision?

B&M: "You'd like a Dive Coaster? No problem, we do them in 6, 8 or 10 seat wide configurations, which would you like?"
Dorney Park: "Can we have one with 7?"

Just seems like a weird choice to me. 🤷‍♂️
Apparently the logic behind it for Six Flags Fiesta Texas, who originally premiered the 7-across Dive Coaster, is that it allowed them to use the smaller Dive Coaster track and put the maximum possible number of seats onto it.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Looks...fast?

Presumably because the holding brake hasn't been turned on yet. Looks like a great punchy layout though!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

opivy028

Mega Poster
Curious as to why the holding brake is functioning that way. Seems to slow it but not a full hold on this POV. I know it’s not open yet but have we seen this during testing with other dive machines before?

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Curious as to why the holding brake is functioning that way. Seems to slow it but not a full hold on this POV. I know it’s not open yet but have we seen this during testing with other dive machines before?
I think it's quite common for Dive Coasters to do the first test runs without the holding brake, we've seen it on multiple other rides

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, and I think especially in this case since the holding chain is *also* the actual lift chain. They're probably just making sure it works in general ....before they start tweaking it

Emporer at my home park of SWSD has an issue where the holding brake doesn't activate sometimes, usually in the late afternoon. The drop is absolutely insane when this happens, but the rest of the layout felt the same. Speaking of Emporer, holy **** is Meanace flying as of right now! Emp is the only other dive coaster I can think of with actually good pacing. Emp is decently forceful, but definitely feels short. Meanace looks like Emporer 2.0 with much better elements, and a better first drop. Based on the tests, I am really looking forward to riding it in July!

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Ride looks great, I know it's off for testing...but I wish they'd run all dive coasters without the holding brake!
I feel like this ride could have really benefitted from both a tunnel at the bottom of the first drop, and an airtime hill before hitting the brakes.

But still, a lot going on in a very short amount of time.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Iron Menace is out here rocking a 48" minimum height requirement...

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this not an anomaly for dive coasters? The hard OTSR's were rated for 54" and the vests 52".
GKv5D4UWUAABMMm.jpeg
Source