What's new

Dollywood | Firechaser Express | Gerstlauer Dual Launch

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Re: Rumoured Dollywood New 2014 Coaster

Don't know if anyone has seen this?
All the clues has been posted as seen in the picture below.

And looking at the "Dual-Launch"-clue, it's pretty much confirmed that we'll be getting a double launch coaster!

I also think they'll be building some kind of accommodation for the park, which, with the coaster, will make this their biggest announcement yet!

And one last thing, I think we're looking at B&M's very first launcher here...

1208868_10151836632422240_1645811733_n.png

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

What makes you think it will be B&M? If anything Mack or Intamin or the highest contenders with a dual launch system.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

owenrita121 said:
What makes you think it will be B&M? If anything Mack or Intamin or the highest contenders with a dual launch system.

My initial guess was a Mack as well, but then I came to think about the double deal that Heide Park had made with Krake, and if Dollywood could have done the same with Wild Eagle? - And B&M has said that they're ready to launch their coasters.

jolash

Mega Poster

andrus said:
^When did they say that? (just being curious)

You know us enthusiasts. We like to pretend makers say things and usually run with the first interesting bit of info we hear :)

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

If it is a B&M launch they have ensured my business in 2014. If it is any other coaster I will still probably stop by for a day or two. :)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^^ You're welcome to believe whatever you want.

andrus said:

There you go: http://www.newsparcs.com/en/article/000 ... r_bolliger

"If a customer comes to us to design a launch coaster, we will respond to him favorably. The technology is easily adaptable to our products and tracks as the LSM motors can be easily found on the market, and they are very efficient!" states Walter Bolliger.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

An Intamin family launcher similar to Juvelen is what you all Americans should hope for.

Enough said.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Except Intamin business stateside has pretty mich dried itself up...so Mack or S&S seem a likely choice to me, maybe Zierer as well.

Lofty

CF Legend

TheCoasterCruiser said:

andrus said:

"If a customer comes to us to design a launch coaster, we will respond to him favorably. The technology is easily adaptable to our products and tracks as the LSM motors can be easily found on the market, and they are very efficient!" states Walter Bolliger.
If that's the only information you're going on to your belief it's a B&M, you're certainly reading FAR more into it then you should...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

And the last multiple launch B&M coaster was when?

While I love the S&S bandwagon, I think I will move to the Intamin, Zierer, or Mack camp for Dollywood 2014; specifically Zierer. Verbolten was a great multiple launch family coaster that would work well with Dollywood, and so far seems to follow the "hints".

We will find out for sure tomorrow at 11 AM EST, Dollywood will be live streaming the announcement by Dolly herself: http://www.dollywood.com/lpg/announcement

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
TheCoasterCruiser said:

andrus said:

If that's the only information you're going on to your belief it's a B&M, you're certainly reading FAR more into it then you should...

But it's not, and you would know if you had taken the time to read my post.
It might also be more of a hope than a believe really. But I do base it on something.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I doubt it's a B&M. Verbolten was successful and I think Dollywood might hop on the Zierer bandwagon.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

MY OFFICIAL GUESS (which you saw if you're on TPR):

2014:
Mack LSM double launcher called Firechaser Express opening across the path from Wild Eagle. It is the first LSM coaster in the southeast and has a family-friendly layout that hugs the terrain, combining Manta's tameness with Helix's terrain layout. It will feature a slightly children's cartoon-ish forest fire theme (think River Battle but less extreme and themed to forest fires, kind of like Smokey the Bear) and will have trains themed to a new kind of forest fire fighting vehicle. I believe the remaining Adventure Mountain towers will be themed to fire towers.

2015: Resort where it is already being built in the video, possibly with an indoor waterpark like Great Wolf Lodge or Kalahari.

I'd be confident to put ten dollars on it. Not actually betting of course, but that's how much faith I have in my guess.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Hobbes said:
2012Jarrett said:
It is the first LSM coaster in the southeast
Cheetah hunt?
I'll take that bet :p
Florida's almost a different part of the industry, even though it has Chunt (riding it this October, baby!) and Rock 'n Roller Coaster. It's just so far away from the rest of the industry I was thinking the only other thing it could be is a first element, similar to Thunderhead's station fly-through.

Maybe the first LSM launch uphill? Like Hulk but with magnets? I know some of them are slanted slightly (Cheetah Hunt) and Maverick's is more of a lift, but maybe a true, high-speed launch up a hill into an element, like a small overbank.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Yeah, Florida is the Southeast.

And I think a standard double launch Zierer with some nice turns and drops would be good. Let's not worry if those launches are uphill. :wink: