What's new

Dollywood | Firechaser Express | Gerstlauer Dual Launch

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Rumoured Dollywood New 2014 Coaster

^ Dollywood had problems with a Topple Tower, not a roller coaster.

marc

CF Legend

Yes I know but I thought they tried to take legal action ?

CoasterCadet1

Roller Poster

rollermonkey said:
There were surveys a year or so back about Dollywood adding either a hotel, or timeshares or both. That URL sounds like they are ready to move forward with those plans.

Ahh, gotcha! Well, none the less, I am sure we will be finding out soon enough - 8.21.13!

As for the coaster, definitely some kind of launch and incredible theming. I personally think that Dollywood does a great job with all themes. I bet the story will be a blast!

Ha...

jolash

Mega Poster

I'm personally a fan of the launcher idea. Maybe make it go over the hill and do some sort of gargantuan cobra roll in the middle of the train turnaround? Not a serious idea, but it sounds cool right? ;)

EDIT: Also, it'd be really nice for some new flats. After the removal of Timber Tower, to my memory Barnstormer is the only major flat ride in the park.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

^That. Huss built Timber Tower and went bankrupt years ago.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

From Screamscape:

(8/8/13) Looks like we have a name for Dollywood’s 2014 attraction. The park just filed for a Trademark on August 1st for the name Firechaser Express.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Family friendly launcher. That's my bet.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

jolash

Mega Poster

Yeah with that name I'd expect to see something along the lines of Powder Keg.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

From Screamscape: http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

New Attraction / Firechaser Express / Resort Project - Semi-Confirmed - (8/14/13) To try and bring things into perspective... I’ve been told that the Firechaser Express coaster will be a much needed new ‘family coaster’ for the park. It is rumored to feature a good launch, but the layout will be more about speed, twists and turns and not about inversions or airtime. This will help fill the void left behind when Dollywood removed the Thunder Express mine train back in the late 90s. For now it seems that work has begun again on the Adventure Mountain site, where it looks like a large area is now being leveled out on the hillside just behind it, along with the placement of survey stakes and tape.

I know the obvious choice is an S&S Launch coaster like Powder Keg, but probably less airtime, the bit that talked about mainly focusing on speed and turns, made me think that an intamin motorbike coaster (hopefully like Juvelen), could also be a possibility.

2010shaneallen92

Roller Poster

So, I got an email today from Dollywood with a "preannouncment" video. I thought maybe it would help a lot, but I couldn't get a thing out of it. Anyone else get this email, or watch the video? It basically showed a bunch of wood standing up, kind of like someone building a house. I'm lost! I'll attach the link here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRtJTqGLeE0

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

I couldn't see Dollywood getting a new BIG coaster for a couple more years. Most likely will be a Mack Rides family coaster. I'd rather see a custom RMC wooden coaster at DWood in the future more than a Mack Mega coaster.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Perhaps the reason why they are branding it as so "big" does not pertain to the coaster, but rather the size of a new (family) themed area and/or the investment the park are making. Either that or it's just a complete overhype!

andrus

Giga Poster

It sounds very much like Manta SWSD to me. So probably Mack then? Even though I would love to see more S&S coasters pop up!

AquaTrax

Mega Poster

"BIGGEST announcement in Dollywood history!" doesn't sound like a family coaster to me. Heck, then again it may not even be a coaster.

jolash

Mega Poster

AquaTrax said:
"BIGGEST announcement in Dollywood history!" doesn't sound like a family coaster to me. Heck, then again it may not even be a coaster.

But isn't everything always the biggest to parks? Like when they made sure you realized that Banshee is the BIGGEST single investment in park history at 24 mil, but it's only 2 mil more than DBack, and several Cedar Point coasters were 25 mil. They just gotta hype it up.

Then again, you're absolutely right. Other than consistent rumors, there is no solid evidence that this IS in fact a roller coaster. This could just be the worlds most mediocre wave pool.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

I'm going with a new family/kid area with a Mack launcher surrounding and interacting with it. But I agree, I can't see a mega new coaster being released considering Wild Eagle only opened last year.