What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
How do we know that Songteller Resort isn't just an alternative name for Heartsong Resort that was rejected? Often times companies will trademark more than one name for a project before they decide on the final.

I think this is the most probable option too. Still, it seems Dollywood is getting a lot of investment and love, which is great to see!

Niles

Giga Poster
On and off ride video of the coaster from the park:

Sadly not as extreme as I wanted but it does look like a decent family coaster that fits the area. Shame its not a motorbike coaster to make it a bit more different but I like how it goes through a couple of tunnels.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Some big competition with Firechaser, but I think that does look pretty decent overall.

Matt N

CF Legend
Looks fun! Admittedly, it’s a little less thrilling than I was anticipating, but I’m sure that the 48mph top speed will ensure that it’s hardly sedate, and the 95” height restriction will certainly give it very wide appeal!

Am I correct in assuming that this will be a launched Rollerskater like the one going to Furuvik? Ir is this a whole new model?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I just realised, I think this coaster will use LIMs rather than LSMs. On all the launches there appears to be friction brakes after the launches, which aren't necessary on LSM launches but are for LIM launches as LIMs can't stop trains as a fail-safe. Also, the launch mechanism doesn't appear to be fins, they look much more like the LIM magnets seen on Big Grizzly Runaway Minecars where the brake fin on the train passes between the magnets, which, afaik, was the last ever coaster to open with LIMs and is also a Vekoma. My question is why Vekoma has reverted to this older technology - My guess is simplicity.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I just realised, I think this coaster will use LIMs rather than LSMs. On all the launches there appears to be friction brakes after the launches, which aren't necessary on LSM launches but are for LIM launches as LIMs can't stop trains as a fail-safe.
Although I agree, that the video looks like it is going to be LIM, I would like to mention that Vekoma also uses friction brakes on their LSM coasters (to be more specific, I am referring to Abyssus). In addition, they also have fins mounted on the train, which are also used by Trimm brakes. The trimms ok Abyussus are indeed magnets, even though brake fins would also work.
So technically you could combine an LSM and an LIM launch on a modern Vekoma coaster, without altering the trains at all 😂