What's new

Do you mind line cutters?

Do you mind line cutters?

• YES! They are annoying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I don't make a big deal out of it.

• No, I just don't care

• No, live and let live

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • FOO, DON'T DISS THE FACT IM A LINE CUTTER!

• Total voters

trav

Mega Poster
Everyone who is saying that they confront people about it every time, and that they kick off every time...no you don't.

What is the point in even saying that? If you did kick off about it every time, it seems like the majority of coaster enthusiasts are saying that they kick off about it by the looks of this topic, then EVERY queue would have someone shouting and kicking off!

There's always bound to be a coaster enthusiast at the park, most likely in the longest queue, as that's normally the best ride, and we as coaster enthusiasts get many chances to visit the park, so don't really tend to care for queuing as much as other people do. People are going to want to push past in a long queue, maybe even the same long queue as the one the coaster enthusiast is in. This means there will be a confrontation.

Bull****. In all my time going to theme parks, there has only ever been ONCE where I have seen anyone kick off about it. And that was Rob, at Alton Towers last year. In a queue for Air. Which was 150 minutes long. Which backs up my theory about coaster enthusiasts being in the long queues.

It just seems like you're all saying it to 'look cool', which tbh, I don't think that's possible on a coaster enthusiast website.

Anyway, end of rant.

Ben

CF Legend
^I don't really agree with the "coaster enthusiasts are always in the longest queues" theory. I'd say the opposite. BECAUSE we go to "home parks" do often, we'd skip Colossus with a two hour queue cause we're "coming back next week".

With one-off parks, surely we all go to the biggest things FIRST and LAST. When the queues are shortest? Or, unless we're whiny, cheap-ass bitches, we'll buy fasttracks...

Off-topic though...

But, I agree, there are a few people in here who say they "KICK OFF!!1!!!11" when I've seen them in queues with queue jumpers, and they've not said anything!

Ollie

CF Legend
150 minutes for Air. That's not a good ride, Enthusiasts know better than to queue up that long for it.
So that disproves your theory straight away. And most people here do kick off about it. They do in all the lives.
Heck, all you have to do is see what happened in the dodgems queue at the Chessie Live last October.

I've already said I don't I try to block them if I can and pretend I don't know they're there but I never kick off about it.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Now, I dont know what you guys know about queues here in the "deep south", but most people here do go off whenever people cut them inline (especially when it is a 100 min + line).

Anyway, your assumption about coaster enthusiasts is partially correct, because I have made 1 trip to the UK and I would wait forever to ride a coaster because that is the one shot I have got for at least a year or more, but if I am at one of my three home parks (DollyWood, Six Flags Over Georgia, or Lake Winnie) I do know I am coming back next week or so, so I will wait for the shortest lines. I still dont put up with line cutters though.

(edited to make it a little nicer)

Rush

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
150 minutes for Air. That's not a good ride, Enthusiasts know better than to queue up that long for it.
So that disproves your theory straight away.

That's your opinion. Personally I think it's the 2nd best coaster at Alton and judging by the queues I saw at Alton last year, you couldn't wait in a queue which was under an hour for the major rides. It could have been a queue or go home situation and that might have been for breakdowns.

I also feel tempted to insert a 'people queued 4 hours for Saw' comment.

And most people here do kick off about it. They do in all the lives.

Yes, but when you're with a large group of people it's easier to get people out. I doubt you could kick them out as easily if you're on your own or with someone else.

trav said:
It just seems like you're all saying it to 'look cool', which tbh, I don't think that's possible on a coaster enthusiast website.

Agreed. I have NEVER seen someone scream swear words at queue jumpers, you'd probably get kicked out for doing that, and when it's a large group of twenty year olds who are jumping, screaming at them is the last thing you should do.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Rush said:
Agreed. I have NEVER seen someone scream swear words at queue jumpers, you'd probably get kicked out for doing that, and when it's a large group of twenty year olds who are jumping, screaming at them is the last thing you should do.

I don't scream swear words at them, they kick you out (at Six Flags) just for doing that. But it is kind of funny to see some of these people go off at me for telling them to leave. Most of them are kind of retarded.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
UC said:
One or two people, I don't really care.
An entire group of people, I'll take issue.
That's where I draw the line too. Sure they bother me, but sometimes people let me ahead of them, so this balances out. Hey, as long as I get to ride (and as much as I want.)
[ If we start a fight, maybe no one will get to ride. ]

Rob

Mega Poster
Personally depends how I feel and how long the queue is. For example, Atlon last year, queued over 1 hour for air in really hot weather, a well built 20 something year old chav and his girl friend were queue jumping. Me and trav tried blocking them, they asked us to move, I said no, I've been here over an hour and so has everyone else, queue like the rest of us. I got yeah but my friends got my phone, I just went to the toilet. To that I said, it's not my problem. I need to get a drink but I don't leave the queue to do it, nor does anyone else. Theres loads of signs telling you the rules, and I'm not letting you through. By this point we had a few other people in the queue on our side, and they took the walk of shame.

Same case scenario on Maelstrom at Drayton. 60 min queue, I was too hot and annoyed that I'd waited so long for such a crap ride to let anyone else through.

However, most of the time I'll just leave it if there's a ride host near by and let them kick people out of the queue, for example on Saw.

zcl

Mega Poster
I am not going to lie. I have committed my share of line cutting during HS trips. Fact of the matter was that lines were extremely long and we were in large groups. No one was going to stop us.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
zcl said:
I am not going to lie. I have committed my share of line cutting during HS trips. Fact of the matter was that lines were extremely long and we were in large groups. No one was going to stop us.

Thank you for telling us the truth, now I will put you on my watch list. lol

I have stopped large groups of people, it is not really that hard as long as you have the balls to stand up to them. Just remember this, lets say you are in a group of 20 or so, and the a normal line has about 100+ people in it, it only takes one person to stand up to a small group of 20 to tick the 100+ off and stand help get the 20 people kicked out. I have gotten groups as large as 30 people kicked out before, I do enjoy watching people take the walk of shame with security on ether side of them. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yes, but I dont really make a big deal about it.

I don't know how you COULDNT mind. I mean you're waiting in line and these people just waltz on through. Just like sitting in traffic before a merge and one guy always speeds through the open lane...

But im pretty chill...usually just say to the people im with, "you believe those assholes?" and just keep on going. Karma will get them some way.

Although I must admit, it is a GREAT feeling to see some people being walked away embaressed, with the park police :lol:

jfeaster

Roller Poster
:evil: Forget being asked to leave the park; they can just come another day. I feel they should simply have an "LC" branded to their forehead upon being caught. Problem solved. :evil:

A

Anonymous

I seriously hate queue cutters, after visiting a lot of theme parks they start to get to you, and now i just dont let them past, simple as. People in the queue next to me would usually back me up too.

RCF

Strata Poster
Ok, first of all, line cutters are the dumbest people ever. I remember 3 TIMES at Six Flags Over Texas (my home park) my dad seems to have bad times there. The first time we went, we were in line for Mr. Freeze, waiting for about an hour, when a couple of people about 20 yrs old came out of nowhere and just says get out of our way. (My dad's a federal officer and he got pissed due to the fact that one of the girls pushed him almost over the rail). Later, bout a month later, I went with him. Twice in the same day. We went on Flashback, and this group of about 6 said there were people saving spots, but there was no one up there that they talked to or anything, so we got security and they were kicked out. Then about 30 min. later, we were in line for Runaway Mountain. The line wraps around itself and these 3 people jumped over the rope in front of this family, and the mother was STEAMING!!!! later into the line, she tries to get through to the ride op so she could complain. Well, one of the guys starts pushin her up against he wall, and then her husband comes and pushes the guy and yells, "Get ur hands of my wife." By the time we get on, they're still fighting, then a REAL fight breaks out. Finally, my dad had enough. He jumped out of the coaster car and pulled out his badge. The mother who wanted to complain and her family had to be pulled off so they could be questioned. Then WE get pulled off after the ride as witnesses. For being a witness, we got free dinner courtesy of the GM, and a free exit pass for Titan. (For the line-cutters, their season passes were taken away and they were kicked out)

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
^^well, you luckily have a dad who is a police officer, me I got to get out of line and wave down the nearest security officer. LUCKY

RCF

Strata Poster
Yea cuz he works for The Department of Homeland Security and it was AWESOME!!!! Oh and the people on Flashback hung around and tried to start somethin. That's when he first flashed his badge and they got scraed. That's when we called security

Goliath123

Mega Poster
I hate them, story:

I was in line for a ride called dragon at ocean world hong kong, 2 decembers ago. Im next train to ride, q's looking like its half an hour maybe and the people first in line see their dad on a bench, so their like in some unknown language "come on, come on". So the dad gets up and walks over to the q. He pushes past everyone but no one talks. Now im small, not even over 30 kilograms, and i wanted to do something, so i wrapped my hands around the rail really tight. He comes to me an just walks into me, just like walks into me with his whole body. I get flung about 30 metres but i held fast and didn't move, nor did he. He tried again. This time i hit a couple of people in front of me, they all look up and are like "what the hells your problem" (they say to me) and i say "It's this big guy". They all look over my shoulder and see the guy lookin' all pissed off and ready to explode with anger. He tries again but this time i was ready for him.
He knoks into me but i wasn't goin any where. So instead of me falling, i lift up my right arm and he just topples over, then everyone was starting to laugh. He got back up shouted something at me and walked out of the q back to his bench shouting and yelling in some language. When i get off the ride 5 mins later i smile and wave at him, he was looking merderous after that.

Thats my best story of line cutters.

Oh yeah the kids went over to the dad and they starting making hand gestures of him falling over and stuff, that was funny, but then he took them all by the hand and walked off to the drop tower.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
^^ One word EPIC! Nice job standing up to that guy, for me it is a little easier because I weigh 230lbs (about 104 kg) and Im 6'5" (1.95m) so if people try to push into me (and they try) I usually dont budge. It also helps that I can bench 260lbs (about 118kg) so I can stand up to these guys. They usually back down.