What's new

Do you mind line cutters?

Do you mind line cutters?

• YES! They are annoying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I don't make a big deal out of it.

• No, I just don't care

• No, live and let live

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • FOO, DON'T DISS THE FACT IM A LINE CUTTER!

• Total voters

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Well, do you!?!?!?

Personally I get really PISSED OFF when those idiots think they are better than everyone else, so they cut line. I have gotten people taken out by security for cutting me.

One Event comes to mind, I was at Six Flags Over Georgia on April 18th. I was waiting in line for Superman: Ultimate Flight, when close to 7 people (who me and my mom have now nicked-named the Chain Gang because they were smoking and one of them was waring a shirt with County Jail wrote on it) cut me and everyone else in line (I had been waiting for about two hours or so).
So, Me and about ten other guys (when I say guys I mean pissed off dad's who weren't going to take anything from anyone), went out of line got up to where they were and "asked" them to get to the back of the line. They told us to **** off by throwing their cigarette butts at us, so we went out of line got security and had them taken from the park. We got back in line and rode Ultimate Flight.

So if you are a line cutter, be careful, because I could be in line behind you... and... well... you know the rest. :car8:

Ollie

CF Legend
Who does like them?
Just get Stone Cold on them. Especially if it's while queueing for the bumper cars at Chessie. :p

A

Anonymous

Yes, I do mind them, but I don't make too much fuss about them.

The worst case I have experienced were a couple of years ago at Gröna Lund, where some Russian people had a systematic queue jumping scheme, where they let their grandmother wait in line while the younger ones rode and then change place with her when they got back. That just pissed me off.

Mike

Giga Poster
If it's anything more than 1 person doing it (and if that person isn't an obvious chav/druggy/whatever), then yes, I get annoyed.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Yes, they should be shot.

It pisses me off when they try and bring a tribe of 10 through to meet 1 person ahead.

Another is when they use their colour to there advantage which is bloody common. They are the main problem.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
A-Kid said:
Yes, they should be shot.

It pisses me off when they try and bring a tribe of 10 through to meet 1 person ahead.

I love six flag's new policy if you cut line you get thrown out, NO EXCEPTIONS! :p

Snoo

The Legend
I hate them.

I don't see it too often, and when I do it doesn't bother me too much, but when you see BLATANT line cutting, it annoys the hell out of me.

UC can recall Boulder Dash's line last summer.. loll

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I find it amazing that small families cannot seem to keep together in a queue-line and seem to lack the logic of waiting for each other should anyone need the loo beforehand...

Unfortunately for the staff at Chessie, it is very difficult to get help for this matter, since the batch gates usually do not have phones (Vampire being the only one that does), and being a fair distance from the control box (Falls and Fury being the closest), hence help can come at a bit of a premium for staff...

And even though the rules of ALL PARKS says that anyone queue jumping will be thrown out, how often do you see it happen?
What staff need is the help of guests... The more guests who turn around and give a damn (general public mostly, enthusiasts usually argue our arses off till the cows come home), the more help the staff can get as well as evidence...

But sometimes (twice I've heard at least) the queue-jumpers do not get completely thrown out and end up going to guest services, complain and get EXIT PASSES...
That REALLY takes the biscuit, especially for the staff members who have probably argued for a good few minutes and then had to see the people they kicked off come up again with a instant access pass...

It'll always be here...

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I hate queue jumpers too - I remember some older man at Chessington was rude to my friend and I when we told him that cutting in front of people in a queue wasn't fair on others. And there were plenty of younger kids in the queue who must have heard him - not a very good example to set!

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno^^^ I am lucky enough that at my two local parks (Six Flags Over Georgia, and DollyWood) guests have been fed up with line cutters and are not afraid to raise Cain to get them thrown out.

In one event, I had been waiting in line for 5 hours the opening week of Goliath to get my first ride on it. I was in the station getting ready to board (seat #1, car #3, train #2) when this little kid and 4 of his friends cut the line for Car #2 next to me. Two security guards showed up, ripped up their season passes, and led them to the park gates.

wash

Mega Poster
I hate when people do that! I also hate how people waiting on the highway to get into the park on crowded days drive past traffic on the shoulder of the road then expect someone to let them back in. Realistically, it won't have much of an effect on how long I wait in line, but the attitude line jumpers seem to have... :evil:
SnooSnoo said:
UC can recall Boulder Dash's line last summer.. loll
Do tell! :--D

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yes I find it very annoying. I wouldn't usually tackle someone about cutting, but if they were taking the piss and pushing people then I would have to say something. Just as long as they didn't look like the type of person who would stab me, otherwise I'd say nothing.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I really hate the people that get one person to queue for ride and then think the rest have the right to join them once they're nearly at the front. Like a human Q-Bot.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If they try to push past, I'll get in their way. It's up to people to try and make sure that they don't let people get past. You need to make it hard work for them.

If they push past near the front and I can talk to the op on the gate as they go past, I'll tell the op they pushed in and ask that they aren't allowed to ride.

If they jump over fences directly into the queue - I'll confront them (almost caused a fight at the Alton Live a few years ago when I did that).

So, they annoy me, and if I'm in the right frame of mind, and it's blatant, I'll confront them. If I'm with Ian or Stone Cold, I'll let them deal with it though :lol: ;)

marc

CF Legend
I hate it, people seem to think they can leave a queue to get a drink or go to the loo and come back and join the rest of their group.

Kebab

Giga Poster
PortAventura... No offense to the Spanish but ****ing hell theres about 20 line jumpers in every queue! It's a joke!