What's new

Do you count kiddie coasters in your coaster count?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
njn63 said:
jolash said:
I sure do count em, but I don't go out of my way to get the credit. I have more kiddie credits missed than I actually have ridden.
This.

There's a special category for those that actually care enough about their count to talk themselves onto rides like Gemini Jr. :drinking:
Ah, so you don't have it then.

:p

I have sought out many a kiddie coaster, but not powered. I drive by those, unless Duane needs a picture for the DB.

If nobody counted them, nobody would ever get over about 500-600.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'll fully admit to being a credit hog here.

I actually made myself a specific list of criteria for what I can count and what I cannot, and everything that looks like a kiddie coaster, so far, has met those qualifications. I find that it makes it easier for me to judge what to count.

And yes, I did go on a wild goose chase around Cedar Point to get the Jr. Gemini cred.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I count anything that is obviously a coaster.

I don't, however, seek out kiddy creds. If they are part of the included cost or do not cost that much extra or I'm with a group, sure.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I count them. Just because there small, doesn't make them any less of a coaster than say ... Kinda Ka. I tend to only ride them occasionally depending upon whether I can actually see people around my age riding them

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Spacely Sprocket Rockets?

Because if you haven't ridden Little Dipper "because it's a kiddie ride" you are only fooling yourself.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Joey said:
I count anything that is obviously a coaster.

I don't, however, seek out kiddy creds. If they are part of the included cost or do not cost that much extra or I'm with a group, sure.
I'm exactly the same as you Joey. If they're no effort, I'll get them, but I've walked away from plenty of parks having not ridden the kiddie cred an not thought anything more of it. I can't understand why you would...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^^Yeah, Jake. I thought and Ben would even go on kiddie cred runs. :?

I count them, I just avoid riding them. I passed on two today and even made Ian ride one at Gröna Lund by himself. I generally only ride them when I'm at a CF-Live, since we always ride as a group.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yep, of course I count them. And if I'm in a park with one, I'm going to nab it.

And abduction of children is a viable option for certain coasters (Intamin's first ever coaster can not simply be passed up upon without at least trying to nab it... ;) )

njn63

Mega Poster
rollermonkey said:
Spacely Sprocket Rockets?

Because if you haven't ridden Little Dipper "because it's a kiddie ride" you are only fooling yourself.
Yes, Spacely's Sprocket Rockets. I'm not passing on a wooden coaster with that history.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
ciallkennett said:
Yep, of course I count them. And if I'm in a park with one, I'm going to nab it.

And abduction of children is a viable option for certain coasters (Intamin's first ever coaster can not simply be passed up upon without at least trying to nab it... ;) )

This. I always at least try and if I get rejected oh well. I find them fun there all coasters no matter what size. I can understand people not wanting to ride them but as far as not counting them I don't see how you can't if its on RCDB and clearly a coaster.

rcjp

Roller Poster
I do. However, like many other people, I don't seek them just to get the credit. In fact, I only remember riding two kiddie coasters (and one of them was around 60 ft tall and I guess it was more like a family coaster).
I obviously don't count wacky worms or other similar rides.

Darren B

Giga Poster
rcjp said:
I do. However, like many other people, I don't seek them just to get the credit. In fact, I only remember riding two kiddie coasters (and one of them was around 60 ft tall and I guess it was more like a family coaster).
I obviously don't count wacky worms or other similar rides.

You DO count kiddie creds but DON'T count wacky worms...

Am I reading this wrong?

rcjp

Roller Poster
^ Ok what's your exact definition of kiddie coaster?

What I meant was that I may count things like this:
But not like this

Attachments

• 31052008176.jpg
    31052008176.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 18
  • TrimperWackyWorm3.jpg
    TrimperWackyWorm3.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 18

Darren B

Giga Poster
A kiddie cred is designed at small children, Wacky worms, go gators, clown coasters etc. or anything that tends to be under 20ft in height.

You're counting family coasters and above.

rcjp

Roller Poster
Oh, see. So I guess I don't count them at all (or at least haven't) as I don't really remember how many I have been on, mainly because I haven't been on one for quite a long time.

By the way, I know it has nothing to do with kiddie coasters but it is related to credits: do people usually count water rides like Divetical at Mirabilandia and Poseidon at Europa Park as credits? Or is it just for rides that are 100% coasters?