What's new

Djurs Sommerland | Drage Kongen | Intamin Suspended Family Coaster

Dave

CF Legend
Re: Djurs Sommerland |unknown| Intamin Suspended Family Coas

Serena said:
With all the fire in that announcement video I wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of pre-show with flames. After all, they put a pre-show in Juvulen and it's fab.

Imagine if they had fire effects below your feet while you wait for a launch or lift?

andrus

Giga Poster

Ben said:
But honestly that [airtime] would be a very niche and weird thing to promote like that, so it won't be that.
I agree that it would be a bit bland, and the GP would probably not get it. But it was the only "unique" feature that I could come up with that would make enthusiasts very happy..

Ben said:
I'm thinking something like a pre show or drop track or something.
I wouldn't say that a pre-show is something that enthusiasts would be so very happy about? Never heard of someone that have XX coaster as their #1 because "it has such a great pre-show". I think more of a pre-show as a feature that would please the GP. Plus it has already been done with Juvelen (not that it's an invert, but it's already been done in the same park and hardly unique).

Could for sure be a drop track, I was actually thinking about that one. But then I dropped the idea since it would seem unnecessary complicated to execute with an inverted track? The technology has been around for a while, and if Djurs really wanted a coaster with drop track they could've simply got it for Juvelen instead!

david morton said:
Something to do with the tunnels? Seemed to be a few of them on that video.
Orkanen has an underwater tunnel.

Olaf said:
What about a launched lift as new feature? There has never been a launched invert
Like GWaS and David wrote; both the impulses and Volcano features launches!

Have no clue what it could be. But it's always fun to speculate! :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Battlestar Galactica has a launched lift hill (kind of), right?

Maybe the unique future will be an inverted cable lift hill? I mean, it works really well on Piraten, they might as well use it on their newest coaster since it is approximately the same height.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^While that's something us enthusiasts would think is cool and has never been done before, I don't think the park would be advertising it in that way to the GP. It's gotta be something else IMO.

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, I think everyone's reading too much in to the enthusiast line.

It could mean anything, they're not going to advertise a cool feature but be like well the goons will hate this.

It really tells us nothing.

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, same old story, someone from then park who is advised by marketing says 'unique feature' and everyone thinks it's something really incredible, when it literally could be something as simple as a story or some effects they're putting in.

davidm

Strata Poster

VR on an invert?

(such a bad idea I know)

Lofty

CF Legend
^ That has already been tested on Freedom Fighter at Fun Spot, so it's hardly out of the question.

S

SimonSays99

As long as they make VR optional they can make as many VR coasters as they want. I do not like parks who make it obligatory - as while it might be good I really like to make my first run on any new coaster without VR.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

SimonSays99 said:
As long as they make VR optional they can make as many VR coasters as they want. I do not like parks who make it obligatory - as while it might be good I really like to make my first run on any new coaster without VR.
Thing is, even if it's optional it still **** up operations - so I disagree that they can put it on as many coasters as they like.

Optional is clearly better than mandatory, but they're both leagues worse than no VR at all.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

If you're doing VR, do what SFOT did, one train of VR, the other without. That way, at least one train has better operations.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

So I've been lucky enough to see concept art of the trains and it will be a completely new design from Intamin.
- Think Vekoma SFC with Taron seats and restraints, they look great and have a nice blue color scheme.

I was also told that the roller coasters (track/supports) color scheme will look like something along the lines of Nemesis Inferno's.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Got permission to publish this as well...

13754229_727956687307381_7281766922477912970_n.png

Lofty

CF Legend

The layout looks quite fab actually. I really like the look of the coaster as a family experience.

andrus

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
Yeah, same old story, someone from then park who is advised by marketing says 'unique feature' and everyone thinks it's something really incredible, when it literally could be something as simple as a story or some effects they're putting in.
Well actually it was the park CEO who stated it in a newspaper interview, and he's quite an enthusiast himself if I understand things correctly! Could still be a minor feature, but I definitely believe it is something that caters to, or at least will make enthusiasts happy :) Be it airtime or a pre-show...

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Got permission to publish this [the layout] as well...
Nice :--D Nothing too spectacular just looking on the plans, but a solid coaster for sure!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Could the surprise element involve that straight section next to the station? I saw an Orkanen POV, and the closest thing to that was a tunnel, but it was a bit 'twisted' if you know what I mean. On this, it's 100% straight. Could it be a drop track and or a launch? That's what I'm thinking.

Lofty

CF Legend

If you look at the teaser pov that they released to their Facebook page, it is literally the same as Orkanen, a bit of a drop and ride in a tunnel, that's it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Looking at the blueprints, it looks like there is a short section before the actual lift hill. Could we see a launch out of the station and then a lift hill? That could be a selling-point and not that niche.

Either way, I am sure the partnership between Djurs and Intamin will be great, since their past two coasters are amazing and are widely appraised.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

oriolat2 said:
Could we see a launch out of the station and then a lift hill?

This is what I have been thinking! Only time will tell..