What's new

Did you have a recorder at school?

Recorders...

• Yes, I played the recorder at school.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I didn't play the recorder at school.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nadia

Mega Poster
Rush said:
Speaking of primary school instruments, anyone remember the Vibraslap?

VIBRASLAP+RO1BK.JPG

They were epic. <3

Hell yes!!! They were the best!!

I played the keyboard at primary school, mainly just playing pease pudding hot over and over again! Happy days :lol:

There's just no way I would play the recorder, what an awful sound!

Mike

Giga Poster
In year 1, I went to a lesson, then either "forgot" to go to any more lessons, or just gave up.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
We used to play them in Year 3. A whole class lesson every week and my school was open plan so even when you stopped playing it in the older years you got to hear the Year 3s playing. I had a purple clear one and I played it in assembly. I gave up in Year 4 and started playing the French horn which was a proper instrument.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Patrick said:
No, I didn't, because all people played on them was Hot Cross Buns.

It was Three Blind Mice for me. If I close my eyes, I can almost hear the high-pitched whistling tune. *shudder*

I could play both of them, but thinking about them makes me cringe.

RCF

Strata Poster
Yes I played it all through Elementary because we had to. Then in middle school I started the trumpet.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yep, I had one of the best Yamaha recorders.

I used to play in primary school, alongside the teacher during assembly. It was fun at the time, but I outgrew it soon after I joined Secondary school. I can still probably play it, but I'd rather not.

I thought I was SO badass when I learned how to play Mary Had a Little Lamb back in grade school. It was like, grade two / three that we learned recorder than in grade five I did some retarded wooden xylophone thing that I forget the name of. Then I was forced on tenor sax for two years then as soon as I could, I quit music altogether.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I did!

Hated it though.... they're so rubbish...

Moved onto the piano and steel pans because they actually make nice sounds!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yes, I had one and had lessons when I was about 8 or 9. I say lessons, but it was just our normal primary school teacher, who was **** at it.

I, and loads of others, stopped going when I realised that we'd got to the same level as the teacher and were just playing the same old crap over and over.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I had a recorder, was it fun? No.

My elementary school music teacher was also a dick. One day he had us randomly color pictures of Sebastian Bach to hang outside the classroom, I gave mine an eyepatch and colored him green, he gave me a referral for "insubordination." I thought music was supposed to encourage creativity.

A

Anonymous

Well I never thought I would hear boys say they had one.

I did and the boys in school took the mickey lol. This was year 3/4?