What's new

Demon Drop to be relocated to Knott's Berry Farm

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Perhaps temporary storage? Even though that would make no sense to put it at Dorney being east of CP mind you... but possible.

Snoo

The Legend
rollermonkey said:
Knott's didn't want CP's hand me down rubbish.

Or, at least that's what I heard.

This is truth.

I saw quite the backlash from anyone Southern California not wanting old as hell Demon Drop.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I knew something had to go where Laser once stood, but I have to admit that I didn't see this one coming. Gotta agree with Taylor though, MA makes a much better park to place DD. At least it would actually be considered a major new attraction there. At Dorney it's also just another relocated ride, that most people rode over & over again a few years ago at SFGAdv as Stunt Man Freefall.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It seems like CF tried to stick their tongues out at us by doing this, but it backfired on them. I agree, it doesn't make sense. Also, doesn't Dorney Park suffer from a lot of noise complaints?

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I just don't get why they would put it in a park that already has a drop tower, which I'm fairly sure both Dorney and Knotts have. Why not throw it somewhere that doesn't have a lot of rides already, like Michigan's Adventure?

Michigan's Adventure is the only park it would make sense to put the ride at, so CF can't put it there.

At least that's what CF is making it sound like by randomly announcing that the ride is going to Knott's (which has a drop tower and used to have a 1st gen. freefall in the area) and then Dorney (which has a drop tower and used to have 1st. gen. freefall in the area).

I'm wondering if Screamin' Swing is still going to CGA.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Just an idea here, no clue what kind of validity it holds:

MichAdv kind of has a reputation for getting recycled / relocated rides, maybe CF wants to give thyem something new for a change? Drop towers typically aren't horribly expensive compared to a lot of other attractions.

It's certainly NOT because MiAdv doesn't have the space for a 1st gen!

^ I can't really see them getting anything new for at least a little while. The park isn't Cedar Fair's main focus as you can see with the relocated rides and less-than-impressive atmosphere. Maybe in the coming years they will get a drop tower, but I can't imagine it being anything massive really.