What's new

Demon Drop to be relocated to Knott's Berry Farm

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, it's there, Ollie. However, Instead of locking, I'd like to see this topic stay. It's about time this forum had some less general (and Thorpe biased) topics!

I LOVED Demon Drop, such a crazy experience. It's good news that it's not going (there can't be many of these in the world...?) but of more interest, I wonder what CP would put in it's place?

Ollie

CF Legend
I remember seeing a video of it years ago when I was little and thinking it looked amazing and the best ever. Glad it's not being scrapped though. Although it seems weird that a big park such as Knott's would want an old ride like that.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I think it'd have been a shame if it was scrapped, so glad it has a new home. I mean, it's not as if Intamin are looking to make any more of them, and as Ian said, there aren't many of it's type left (there's 3 or 4 I think).

But the prospect of a new Cedar Point ride does seem good. I suppose due to the size that the ride will free up, CP won't be investing in a large coaster, if a coaster at all.

But we'll see...

Like I said, it's a shame to see this go, it was such a good little ride and usually had little to no lines. It is also a defining sight, and noise, when you first walk into the park.

Like people have said though, it is weird that Knotts would want something so.. Old. I still remember when I was a youngin, maybe four or something, riding the Demon Drop is ALL I heard people bragging about there. Aww.

Ben

CF Legend
This is gonna sound dumb, but, this doesn't mean they're getting rid of Supreme Scream does it? I assume not, but, it could make it seem at least a little less stupid. Kinda.

Ben

CF Legend
Cool.

I was more worried about this though...

20080412_0031-a.jpg

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ They wouldn't remove Supreme Scream.

I think it's funny how Demon Drop is going to KBF and instead of talking about that people are wondering what will replace it at CP...shows how many people live in the West on here...:(

I'm looking forward to this! I think it is a weird/odd/surprising/weird/odd/surprising/...weird move for CF/Knott's but Demon Drop is a fun ride and I am looking forward to living 30 minutes away from it!

...I still don't completely believe this (yet) though.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
CreditCrazy said:
...I still don't completely believe this (yet) though.

Me either, even though the LA Times picked up this story, I can't tell if they are just borrowing what was in that other news sheet.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'm stil overjoyed to see a demon drop comming back to so cali. It was just sad not getting to ride it at SFMM :(

I wonder if this will generate any queues at Knotts though.. I mean, I believe this is going to happen, I just still can't wrap my head around why? It probably won't attract a huge number of guests and I'm guessing probably won't get huge lines either. It just seems like a dumb move for such a big park. I could see Demon Drop going to a smaller park, not owned by any major company, but not Knotts.

But, I do think it's going to happen. So now there are like no more of these in my area, booo.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
This has been gone over in the past, but how many of these are left?

I just learned that Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall went to that movie park in Italy, and I know of 3 in Japan. DD is the last one in North America, right?

Anyone else know more?

Snoo

The Legend
^Nope.. I believe Wildcatter was the last running 1st Gen aside from Demon Drop. Of course, being at a Six Flags park, it didn't run for the longest time.. lol

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
SnooSnoo said:
^Nope.. I believe Wildcatter was the last running 1st Gen aside from Demon Drop. Of course, being at a Six Flags park, it didn't run for the longest time.. lol

Didn't they blow up Wildcatter, or am I thinking of a different ride?