What's new

CWOA | Mandrill Mayhem (World of Jumanji) | B&M Wing Coaster | 2023

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
They're actually quite good. We refused to watch them for ages because we liked the original so much, but we really enjoyed them in the end.

And Jungle Cruise for some more Rock Jungle adventure.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
The first new one was shockingly good, way better than I expected it to be and captured the absurdity of video games in a really clever way. The second one was more of the same but still fun - Awkwafina channeling Danny DeVito was the highlight :D Personally I enjoyed both of them more than the original.

Mark9

Roller Poster
A bit of a strange comment from the press release;

I personally wouldn't want to be highlighting that it's been 20 years since they last put in a new roller coaster. Quite a strange 'flex' and you realise how long Chessington has relied on Dragons Fury and Vampire to carry their coaster lineup.

Vampire in particularly has done a stunning job in carrying the park really.v

I'm really excited for this area. If it can pull of the theme and the story, I think it will be a real success for the park. I think it's been really undersold how right a lot of this investment is with a big new rollercoaster and new support rides in 2022 and 2023 will help to carry the demand.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Are there any height restrictions for the support rides announced yet?

My son is currently 1.17cm barefoot, gonna have to put him on the stretching rack for a few months.

Matt N

CF Legend
Are there any height restrictions for the support rides announced yet?

My son is currently 1.17cm barefoot, gonna have to put him on the stretching rack for a few months.
Not as far as I can tell. The coaster is 1.2m, however.

If it’s any consolation, you’re always measured in shoes at a theme park, so he could well be tall enough regardless!

Bowser

Mega Poster
Not as far as I can tell. The coaster is 1.2m, however.

If it’s any consolation, you’re always measured in shoes at a theme park, so he could well be tall enough regardless!

Yeah did try at Legoland at Christmas but he didn't quite make it. Might need to invest in some theme park specific shoes.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Yeah did try at Legoland at Christmas but he didn't quite make it. Might need to invest in some theme park specific shoes.
When I worked for Merlin, there were plenty of times that we'd ask children to remove their shoes on the coasters when height checking, so I'd advise against buying shoes to make a child look taller. Staff are trained to make sure that children meet a ride's height restriction.

Last edited:

Bowser

Mega Poster
When I worked for Merlin, there were plenty of times that we'd ask children to remove their shoes on the coasters when height checking, so I'd advise against buying shoes to make a child look taller. Staff are trained to make sure that children meet a ride's height restriction.

Fair enough, duly noted. What are the circumstances where shoes would be asked to be removed considering the vast majority of people will have their height measured and accepted with shoes on?

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Fair enough, duly noted. What are the circumstances where shoes would be asked to be removed considering the vast majority of people will have their height measured and accepted with shoes on?
If the shoes look beefy and if you're standing on uneven ground like the height check in Vampire's batching area . A good host can tell if the shoes look suspicious.