What's new

COTALAND | Texas | Gerstlauer Infinity Shuttle (Palindrome) & Vekoma Tilt (Circuit Breaker) & Others

#BringBackWindstorm

Roller Poster
Hello, I am one of the biggest fans of COTALAND and I come with my first posting of a Bing Maps areal view showcasing the new SBF Flume being on site. The park is still alive and is just dealing with the post-pandemic impacts of the supply chain along with the previously mentioned construction delays. This photo was taken around the time of the F1 race in 2022.

Attachments

• COTALAND log flume.png
    COTALAND log flume.png
    759.1 KB · Views: 59

#BringBackWindstorm

Roller Poster
Recently, I read an article from ThrillNerds about the development of COTALAND and here were some takeaways:
-Construction Backlogs from the city of Austin delay the construction of the project.
-Constuction supply needed for the buildup of all of the attractions is in short supply.
-The construction is also halted due to big COTA events such as the races and concerts.
-Environmental restrictions from floodplains and trees delay the projects as well.
The social media pages for COTALAND will begin to become more active as the steady construction continues and just before the article ended, a new ride appeared! The attraction being a Octopus like attraction similar to the european counterparts which has orange and turquoise paint. When the park finally reaches the goal, it will be a massive accomplishment and I might get an annual pass there perhaps considering my enjoyment of motorsports and the current attractions!

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The social media pages for COTALAND will begin to become more active as the steady construction continues and just before the article ended, a new ride appeared! The attraction being a Octopus like attraction similar to the european counterparts which has orange and turquoise paint.
For reference, here's the article and photos (Palindrome rebar, SBF log flume parts, and the Polyp vehicles);
IMG_8063.jpg
IMG_8061.jpg
IMG_8011.jpg

While similar to the Schwarzkopf version, a friend of mine suggested that the Octopus is likely being supplied by Levent Lunapark, a manufacturer barely seen in the US - I'm inclined to agree.
Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 12.02.53 PM.png

In terms of other construction, COTA is going full speed on an expansion of the grandstand by the finish line. According to another friend who was visiting recently they're digging foundations for the new seats in addition to having Circuit Breaker's plot turned into dirt. In short, the facility is pretty busy.

Since I've been keeping track, here's a list of new rides that as of this writing have been proven to either be manufactured or are on site;
  • Palindrome - Gerstlauer Infinity
  • Circuit Breaker - Vekoma Tilt (footer cages)
  • Spin Out - Bertazzon Music Express
  • SBF Visa Log Flume & Space Gun
  • Funtime Starflyer & SkyFall drop tower
  • Fabbri Telecombat (12-arm model)
  • Levent Lunapark Octopus/Polyp

#BringBackWindstorm

Roller Poster
And it's supposed to have that multi person swing thing!
Has there been any confirmation that this attraction has begun construction or is on-site? One of the most mysterious attractions of the park for now.

JustLarry

Roller Poster
Has there been any confirmation that this attraction has begun construction or is on-site? One of the most mysterious attractions of the park for now.
Now that you have said that no, nothing other than the initial announcements from COTA and Skycoaster. But I guess I always figured it would be the last things set up seeing that it's just three pillars, compared to the dozens for the coasters.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Last edited:

#BringBackWindstorm

Roller Poster
As per the latest press they seem to be preparing for a possible 2025 opening, as per COTA’s chairman. Red tape and some permitting issues have slowed down the development but it’s still in motion. Most of not all of the rides (excluding Circuit Breaker) are on site and ready for install; https://www.statesman.com/story/spo...inues-to-thrive-in-and-out-of-f1/71272187007/
Probably the reason for the lack of social media posts from the actual account. It will be a good day when the full concept art and press release is issued!

bratcurry

Mega Poster
As per the latest press they seem to be preparing for a possible 2025 opening, as per COTA’s chairman. Red tape and some permitting issues have slowed down the development but it’s still in motion. Most if not all of the rides (excluding Circuit Breaker) are on site and ready for install; https://www.statesman.com/story/spo...inues-to-thrive-in-and-out-of-f1/71272187007/
Ugh, wanted to visit the park and the F1 race, when the coasters were open in 2024 but that's not gonna happen then.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Since I've been keeping track, here's a list of new rides that as of this writing have been proven to either be manufactured or are on site;
  • Palindrome - Gerstlauer Infinity
  • Circuit Breaker - Vekoma Tilt (footer cages)
  • Spin Out - Bertazzon Music Express
  • SBF Visa Log Flume & Space Gun
  • Funtime Starflyer & SkyFall drop tower
  • Fabbri Telecombat (12-arm model)
  • Levent Lunapark Octopus/Polyp
Annnnddddd throwing another one on that list... the world-premiere SBF Visa Evolux!

Source