What's new

Colossus Partial Retrack (Thorpe Park)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
As I understand it, a couple of pieces of track were reaching the end of their life, and require either a lot of work or replacement. So that's what they're doing.

Peet

Giga Poster
As I understand it, a couple of pieces of track were reaching the end of their life, and require either a lot of work or replacement. So that's what they're doing.
In that case they're going to have to finally paint the whole ride, otherwise the new/refurbished bits will look really weird.

Matt N

CF Legend
Take this with as much salt as you like, but rumours are now spreading that Taziker are handling this Colossus retrack…

Ethan

Strata Poster
New paint is all good but will still look a mess on the water feature and landscaping they ruined with concrete. It's a shame, if they replaced the trains (even if it means losing a car on each), painted the coaster/area up, landscaped and peppered some theming in, it would actually look decent. I've always thought the pathways going above and beneath the coaster always had potential.

Not sure how feasible new trains would even be, though.

RG100

Roller Poster
So, scrolling through TikTok to see that the track on Colussus’ heart line rolls has been removed for a partial retrack. Also done some snooping on other forums to see that this is confirmed.

I think it’s great to see that Merlin are taking care of their rides and extending the life of them.

I hope with this and Project Exodus, Thorpe Park is on an onwards and upwards trajectory.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
We have already discussed this but since Big One has its own thread, I think it's fair that Colossus can as well unless a mod disagrees. Rumour has it Taziker is the company tasked with the refurbishment, which should be interesting to see.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Happy for it to be a standalone thread, but it's not going in Ride Construction. :D

If there were any other posts on this topic, let me know and I'll move them to this dedicated thread.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Happy for it to be a standalone thread, but it's not going in Ride Construction. :D

If there were any other posts on this topic, let me know and I'll move them to this dedicated thread.
See here:-