What's new

"Cobra" - PAX Loop 520 for Conny-Land

Lofty

CF Legend
Jesus, thank ****ing god they have actually started to construct it, I thought it would never ****ing happen lol!

A

Anonymous

They have finally started to erect the track!!

teil_9gr.jpg

There is some more images on the official site: http://www.connyland.ch/connyland/cobra_news.htm

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's good to see them doing something. I like how the track is going over the buildings. I also notice how that support in the foreground is on an angle with the track, which is interesting. Hopefully we'll see a lot more construction soon.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
I know ride experience is far more important, and it's great that a little park can get a big thrilling coaster on a small budget, but oh **** that track is ugly!

A

Anonymous

^ I have posted a better link, you could have copied and pasted it...

Snoo

The Legend
I'm not a fan of just the LOOK of the track. It seems as if it would be on a kiddie ride.. not big enough to support a decent sized coaster.

But, it does look like a good ride, as I've mentioned before. Lets hope they can finish it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That doesn't even look safe, to be honest. Those bunny hops do look fun though. Lets hope they have decent airtime.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Oh WOW look at that station.

I like the look of this little ride, the upside down spike and hill do it for me.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Wow, this looks strange. That loop looks very compact and should be quite forceful if the train pass through it at speed. Also that upside spike section looks interesting.

A

Anonymous

That return section looks really strange (but that's the Pax way :) ), I love it!!

Can't wait to see any reviews/videos of this thing.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I never thought that this would actually get done. I'm so glad it has though, as I've always liked the look of this thing.

Ali

Mega Poster
What happens when a car crashes into a support in the parking lot? Half the coaster will go down :shock:. Is this an accelerator or a lift hill? It's really confusing me :?.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^ :lol: , yeah good spot, the supports do look a bit flimsy in the car park area and look easy enough for cars to hit them.

Here is the whole layout. I guess its like a boomerang coaster and the train gets pulled up the tall spike and then gets released and once at the other end it travels backwards to the station.

1.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I'm glad the air time hills are much better in real life compared to that image.

One thing though...
cobra_aug_1.jpg

How freaking close is that spike to the top of that loop?!

And I agree with everyone about the supports/track.
0_gr.jpg

That just looks so.... un-real. No seriously, that doesn't look safe to me.

And I'd guess that this is going to be a launched coaster, just like the good old fashioned Schwartzy Shuttle Loops, and it will roll back out of the station. There's nothing on the mechanism on the main spike to hint towards a pully.