What's new

coasterforces current 10/10 coasters

Homer

Hyper Poster
Two; Maverick and SheiKra.

Maverick is definitely a 10 in my opinion because it is a smorgasbord of everything ridewise and forcewise. There's some air, there's some heavy forces, there's a launch, there's your loops and twists, and there is your "theming" or whatever (it's Cedar Fair, I think Kinzel went on record saying he would rather pay an extra $10 million on more track than theming). But Maverick was an all around solid addition and best ride at CP.

SheiKra; back when I actually gave a really big hoot about roller coasters I was hyped every time I went to BGT and saw it rise up. I remember going there on opening day, dashing there, and riding in the second row. It was fun, but it didn't feel like a 10 to me, it rather disappointed me. At first I thought the ride was a 7.5 at best. But then I found my own "sweet spot," which was back row, edge seat. Made the ride slightly more intense and gave more air on the second drop. The floorless trains didn't do much to intensify the ride. I still feel the ride is an 8 at best. Sure it's scary hanging 200 feet in the air and the airtime is awesome, but it doesn't feel like its BEST RIDE EVAR material.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
4 of them...

I definitely agree with 2 of them, Black Mamba (although the ending just isn't as good as the rest of it), and Expedition G-Force...

Dragon Khan has never seemed to stay with me so obviously I never took to it... Then again Kumba's experience left me completely similarily, so may need to trek over and try again...

SheiKra is over-rated... Simply put when I reached the brakes my 'oh' was not one of joy or glee, but more of 'oh was that it?'...
And yes I tried all the rows, and tbh I don't think floorless would affect it much anyways...

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Stunt Fall: Well, not really, but I've done Deja Vu, so I'll call it the same thing for now. I'm still curious as to how it's up there. Deja gets maybe a 6 with me... a 7 for an exceptionally good ride, although that only happened once. So this is nowhere close to a 10.

Griffon- This goes back and forth between a 9.5 and 10 for me. It's thoroughly fantastic, although just kind of short (not like you could do much else). The same goes for Sheikra, although I think I may like that one better. The atmosphere is very awesome-- I love the foliage and tunnel.

Sheikra- See above.

Maverick- Probably a 9.5 or 10 again. I got bashed all over the place the first time, although you can't deny that it's a fantastic layout and just a great ride in general.

Goliath SFOG- Lately, it's a 9, although when it opened it was a 10 easily. Really strong airtime and all that. It's gotten very rough in recent times, although I'm hoping it'll be better this season as it was showing signs of awesome again the last day of the 08 season. I guess I'll find out this Sunday!

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've done Shiekra. It was a bit meh and overhyped. The only bits I remember at all were the long drawn out elements with no force.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
ThunderCoaster, when it was in the top (I still can't see why RedRiot meant it was "nothing special", with a CC of next to nothing), and deserved it.

Nowadays, none

In the future, Piraten (I'm sure it will hit 10).

Ben

CF Legend
CedarPoint6 said:
Stunt Fall: Well, not really, but I've done Deja Vu, so I'll call it the same thing for now. I'm still curious as to how it's up there. Deja gets maybe a 6 with me... a 7 for an exceptionally good ride, although that only happened once. So this is nowhere close to a 10.

Because by all known accounts, Stunt Fall offers a much, much better ride than the Dejas do/did...? So, totally not the same thing.

Ollie

CF Legend
Expedition GeForce
Black Mamba
And that's it from the rides rated 10 on CF.
Both of these rides are first and second in my top ten though. :D

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Dragon Kahn. I rated it a 10, its my number 1 coaster and hopefully I will go on a few others from that list in the future.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I've been on 3; Dragon Khan, El Toro and Stuntfall.

El Toro is currently my No.1 coaster and Khan is 2nd. Stuntfall is towards the bottom of my top 10 but it's still an awesome coaster, the backwards vertical lift was just amazing!

Mike

Giga Poster
From those lot, I've been on El Toro, Superman RoS, Boulder Dash and Griffon.
Dash is my number 1 coaster, as it was incredible when I rode it, and definitely worth a 10.
The rest aren't really 10/10 worthy for me though.

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
I've been on both Goliath (SFOG) and Griffon and they were both really good coasters. As far as Griffon goes though, the whole concept of dive coasters needs to expand to make longer tracks.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ In my opinion that is the OPPOSITE of what they should be doing. What are Dive Machines for? The drop, you add in all that extra crap and its just detracting from the experience.

Well at least, if they are going to do a SheiKra make it at least a little bit interesting, that coaster was balls.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Slash said:
^ In my opinion that is the OPPOSITE of what they should be doing. What are Dive Machines for? The drop, you add in all that extra crap and its just detracting from the experience.

Well at least, if they are going to do a SheiKra make it at least a little bit interesting, that coaster was balls.

I agree. It's a "dive" machine. We want huge drops towering 200-300 feet now; not inversions, leave that for the mega-loopers.

carolinacoasterfreak

Roller Poster
Kebab said:
Slash said:

I agree. It's a "dive" machine. We want huge drops towering 200-300 feet now; not inversions, leave that for the mega-loopers.

I will agree that the drops are what make the ride, but I just see that they could do a little more and still keep them interesting and true to the "dive" machine.

luke8

Mega Poster
Out of them listed on the first post, I've only done the two, both the Spanish ones.

Dragon Khan;s my number 1 coaster, and Stunt Fall is about 4th or 5th on my list.

RCF

Strata Poster
I've ridden Maverick, Griffon, and Expedition GeForce. Maverick is one of, if not, my favorite rides. I honestly think GeForce is overrated because I've ridden Millennium Force and it is WAY better than GeForce.