What's new

Coasterforce Quiz!!!

Beans

Hyper Poster
7/10 that fine but because the page took like aa year to load got horrendous time of 147 secs, grrrrrr.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Absolutely!

Sorry, but I've really got sand in my vagina about the crappy posts through this whole thread.

^Ah bollocks! As long as I can stay in the the top five each day, I should be ok this month. I've noticed that the scores drop to next to nothing if you're out of the top 10.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well the topic today is 'Geography - Difficult' which is probably the reason why I had to guess so many of them. I ended up with 7 (in a faster time than Ian :p ). But kept changing my answers which usually makes me get them wrong. :D

Edit: Gavin, i've now posted the new rule on the main post at the start of the topic so no-one can complain that they didn't know. Which means that they have been warned several times.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ Thanks for that. I know it seems like I'm making a big deal over nothing, but people wouldn't get away with in other topics, so they shouldn't be able to here either.

I ****ed up on a really easy question by reading it too quickly. Still, one of the guesses came out correct, so I guess it evens things out.

EDIT - After discussing it with the other mods, we've decided to move this into Forum Fun. It feels more suited there, and there's no issue with post quality either. Plus, shameless attempts at increasing post counts just won't work...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Balls - even worse than Ian :lol:

Geography was one of my best subjects at school, but we didn't learn anything about what places where in which countries and the like. It was all about GNP's, CBD's and Volcanoes. So it helped in one question at least!

An who the hell is likely to get an answer about Swedish cities right??? ;)

bazpa

Hyper Poster
I don't know about moving it to forum fun - it kinda stopped being fun when the first ban was issued, a ban for following the instructions on the main quiz page which tells you to post your score on the forum - at least change that bit.

So now postings in here don't count, damn, can't shamelessly increase our post counts by a maximum of 7 posts a week then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's more just the posts which have:

rubbish poster said:

It adds nothing at all to anything. We can see people's scores anyway. While it's good to keep up a little, it's just not interesting, unless people are explaining how they got the score, or insulting somebody else about theirs :)

165 pages of just scores is soul destroying...

Ollie

CF Legend
bazpa said:
A ban for following the instructions on the main quiz page which tells you to post your score on the forum - at least change that bit.

I will have a look to see if I can change that as when I signed up it asked what you were using it for, and I chose the forum option so the text layout was pre-set. I'll have a look to see if I can change it. ;)

Also this is probably better suited in forum fun now, as we had tonnes of pages of people just posting their scores. :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
I thought the quiz has dissappeared overnight or something. Had to wait for someone to post in the topic before it appeared on the main page before I count find it. :lol:

Still managed a nice 8/10, it was probably the only subject I liked to I dont mind doing quizes about the subject.

Beans

Hyper Poster
^

Same here had to look right through, anyway I don't mind where it goes, I don't post as much as most anyway so post count is not an issue with me.
Anyway I was the first to do the quiz today felt lonely a 6 am ans had tpo use the computer for something else so thought I would do the quiz only a measley 6 but I did find it hard.

Ollie

CF Legend
Emmett said:
I thought the quiz has dissappeared overnight or something. Had to wait for someone to post in the topic before it appeared on the main page before I count find it. :lol:

I thought that would happen. Thats why I PM'ed Gavin to see if there was a way to let people know.