What's new

CoasterForce Cinema

Lofty

CF Legend
I think the music fits this so much more and is a good choice between serious/playful.

The only thing I would say is that the editing could be a few frames forward to actually match with the audio? Like, you hear the beat of the audio, then it seems a slight delay before the shot changes - it makes it feel somewhat amateur which doesn't fit the quality of the visuals which are all incredibly well shot and professional.

Just gonna say this, too. The Costerforce logo at the beginning has some effects to make it seem like metal? Or something? It really doesn't work seen as all the other text on the video doesn't have any effect applied to it and yet again brings down the quality factor of the piece. If that logo was somewhat animated with a moving texture or something it'd be brought to life instantly and I'd understand it, but it just feels very Word Art 1997 as an effect to me.

Please don't see this as being overly critical, this is all things I'd say to our production companies that create our trailers for the shows. I truly believe that CF Cinema gas legs to stand on, but there's just a few creases to iron out before the quality is as perfect as it could potentially be.

davidm

Strata Poster
Looking good again - not sure I saw the slight un-sync'ed edit Lofty is referring to, seemed spot on to me - could that just been a PC/interweb's glitch or maybe I'm not as sensitive to them?

Anyway, some great shots again - looking forward to the full vid.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the edit seemed synced with the audio when I originally viewed it but that was playing the video from my hard drive, so I watched it again on Youtube but couldn't find what Lofty is referring to by streaming it either. It could have been an internet issue at his end or perhaps just me.

Lofty

CF Legend
Someone else (not gonna name) on this website spotted it also, so nope, it ain't just me.

It's part of my OCD (not self diagnosed, actually diagnosed) that I spot these things though, it'll literally be a frame out and I'll pinpoint it exactly. I can't help but strive for perfection :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Here's another installment in our CoasterForce Cinema video documentary series. Let us know what you think. Thanks

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA7F-6vI2Ek[/youtubevid]

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Absolutely love these videos. Think they are perfect additions to the youtube portfolio. So professional with the incredible quality of footage, great interviews, variation of shots, soundtrack and information covered. Think it’s a massive step up for CoasterForce and is leaps and bounds above what any other themepark youtube channels are currently churning out. Keep it up guys!

One thing i do agree after reading back through the thread is this,

Lofty said:
Just gonna say this, too. The Costerforce logo at the beginning has some effects to make it seem like metal? Or something? It really doesn't work seen as all the other text on the video doesn't have any effect applied to it and yet again brings down the quality factor of the piece. If that logo was somewhat animated with a moving texture or something it'd be brought to life instantly and I'd understand it, but it just feels very Word Art 1997 as an effect to me.

Whilst i understand the logo is being updated i prefer the moving logo that is present at the start of the POV videos.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I honestly don't get it?

I mean, I love all the shots, but what is it trying to be? Documentary.. A film?

I'm with Lofty on this one. It's all a bit up in the air for me. It's confused, but I love the quality that you're trying to establish here. Once you find it's legs, I think it will be a hit.

Dramatic music alone doesn't make a solid production and I think that's where you're going wrong. Too much drama for something that doesn't deserve that amount drama.

mouse

Giga Poster
These are very good, the shots of the coasters are stunning. Nice work!

However I do agree with Lofty and Screaming Coaster's points. It seems more like an extended advertisement than an informative documentary; I think partly due to the dramatic music playing throughout? Perhaps try cutting out the music during the interviews and focus on information and insights regarding the conception and construction of the coasters. Maybe you could also add opinions from riders? It just feels a little bit contrived and over-dramatic, but if you could get a good balance between information, insight and the excellent cinematography these would be the best coaster documentaries on Youtube for sure.

Overall though I'm very impressed by these, but like I said they feel slightly more like adverts than documentaries :).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to state that we haven't made any real documentaries yet. Braedon has only filmed these two featurettes. The documentaries will be longer, more informative and have narration as well. We decided to call these CoasterForce Cinema because of the cinematic approach, not because everything we produce in the series is going to be a documentary.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ECG said:
I would like to state that we haven't made any real documentaries yet. Braedon has only filmed these two featurettes. The documentaries will be longer, more informative and have narration as well. We decided to call these CoasterForce Cinema because of the cinematic approach, not because everything we produce in the series is going to be a documentary.
That's good to hear - it'll be interesting to see what you've got in store.

One thing though - it might be worth re-titling the video as a "featurette" (or something suitable), as at the moment it does say "documentary", which might explain why some people were expecting more?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't want to get into the politics of what it takes to get them made, but we need to call these documentaries and no one other than you all are having any issues with it and expecting more.
TBH we aren't making these for CFers.
They're for our YouTube viewers, which is mostly the GP, and they are loving them. Even enthusiasts are saying that these are the best roller coaster "documentaries" out there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ECG said:
I don't want to get into the politics of what it takes to get them made, but we need to call these documentaries and no one other than you all are having any issues with it and expecting more.
They're for our YouTube viewers, which is mostly the GP, and they are loving them. Even enthusiasts are saying that these are the best roller coaster "documentaries" out there.
I couldn't care less what they're called, I was just continuing the discussion. No harm in asking, is there?

I agree they're the best quality videos out there at the moment and that they're being well received across the board, don't worry.

mouse

Giga Poster
ECG said:
Ah ok, apologies for responding genuinely to the 'all feedback is appreciated'.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Please don't take what I posted the wrong way. The feedback is appreciated.

I really love the footage, music, and editing. I agree that they could be a little more informative (I know a lot of the general public probably doesn't care too much about all the nerdy ins and outs that enthusiasts care about though), but as you said, they're featurettes for now and for what they are, they're really good :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This has been up on YouTube for a couple of days now, but thought I'd share it in case anyone had missed it.

Please enjoy the next video in our CoasterForce Cinema series - Wings Over Washington at Pier 57 in Seattle.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tJusdjWCT0[/youtubevid]