What's new

CoasterForce Cinema

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Some of you might have noticed that Braedon Freeland (bfree on the Forums) has started helping me with providing content on our YouTube channel. Today we posted the first in our new video series called CoasterForce Cimena and I wanted to post this here to get some feedback from our members. This is the first of many short and full length coaster/theme park documentaries we will be creating and we hope you will look forward to watching them as much as we enjoy producing them.

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD2N8Cxi4tY[/youtubevid]

Very well done, I look forward to seeing more! Short and to the point, and the editing is really nice as well.

As far as my thoughts on virtual reality coasters, that's another story... I think virtual reality should be kept for dark rides and that the coasters should be left as they are, or at least close to the traditional coaster experience that we've all come to love.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Taylor.

As far as the VR discussion, let's try to keep that in the other topics and keep this one about the new video series.

davidm

Strata Poster
Love the final drone shot of the sky tower.

Nice flick too - definitely something different for the 'channel' (good different of course :) )

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Very well done indeed. The shots overall, especially the drone shots, were A+ as well as the editing. Keep it up Braedon and Jerry!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah I quite enjoyed it as well. Nice to have something new and different to the channel.

andrus

Giga Poster
Very nice indeed! =D> Although I'm with Taylor on the actual VR-coaster transformation, but the video was excellent!

Lofty

CF Legend
Ok, I'll be honest: it has legs to stand on but I'm not totally sold.

The footage is fantastic and really well collected but it seems to have repetitive shots? As in style of shots - the slow pans or slow swipes etc. It'd be nice to try as collect some other form of shots?

Also - I truly don't believe the music fits what you're showing in the videos. It's far too downbeat and dreary sounding to be portraying such a fun topic as coasters and theme parks? There's sort of no dynamic flow to the music, it's one soundtrack over the top? Most documentaries have multilayered sounds and tempos of music to create a dynamic and engaging watch for the viewer. They have a feeling of, dare I say it, a Media Production college course on editing?

Like I said, it has legs to stand on and could be truly great, but you did ask for feedback :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

andrus

Giga Poster
Lofty said:
Ok, I'll be honest: it has legs to stand on but I'm not totally sold.

The footage is fantastic and really well collected but it seems to have repetitive shots? As in style of shots - the slow pans or slow swipes etc. It'd be nice to try as collect some other form of shots?

Also - I truly don't believe the music fits what you're showing in the videos. It's far too downbeat and dreary sounding to be portraying such a fun topic as coasters and theme parks? There's sort of no dynamic flow to the music, it's one soundtrack over the top? Most documentaries have multilayered sounds and tempos of music to create a dynamic and engaging watch for the viewer. They have a feeling of, dare I say it, a Media Production college course on editing?

Like I said, it has legs to stand on and could be truly great, but you did ask for feedback :)
I'm on the complete opposite side! Maybe my "very nice" was a bit too humble to state my actual opinion of the documenatary. Here's a more elaborate impression:

I hate "documentaries" like The Coaster Wars and the likes which only have fast shots, cool music and over-the-top commentaries (like "wow it's sooo amazing", "best ride evah!" and so on). It's just plain stupid and not very interesting to watch at all. This clip on the other hand provides substantial information, beautiful shots and dramatic music. I think it's borderline perfect tbh! The slow pace and music adds credibility and make it feel a lot more like an actual documentary (think Planet Earth and the likes). Keep up the good work I say! :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Jerry asked for opinions, I don't know why you decided to pick on what I said and try and correct or justify it?

It doesn't feel like a documentary at all for me due to the reasons I stated. The fact that it has no dynamic flow to it at all and feels really rigid, more like a product launch than a factual documentary - but the type of product launch for something like steel lockers or something, not a topic as fun as theme parks.

I found this to be less engaging and not very interesting at all, it seemed to lack pace and I found myself checking the time to see how long was left as opposed to it being over and wishing to see more?

But yeah, my feedback was to Jerry, but feel free to try and tell me that my opinion is wrong.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Take it easy Lofty! It was not my intention at all to pick on you :)

I was just elaborating my opinions! Since you didn't like the content; I explained why I liked it. To give a more naunced feedback to Jerry & co!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks guys! All feedback is appreciated, both positive and negative.
I didn't read into andrus' comment as a dig at your opinion Lofty, but rather as a more detailed reply similar to yours. I also appreciate his detailed feedback as it's much better that the more standard reply he originally posted.

Lofty

CF Legend
andrus said:
^Take it easy Lofty! It was not my intention at all to pick on you :)

I was just elaborating my opinions! Since you didn't like the content; I explained why I liked it. To give a more naunced feedback to Jerry & co!
That's fair enough, some things don't read clear on the forums and it seemed very pointed, but there we go :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Here's our latest teaser for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRVDyPrq0-g[/youtubevid]

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I disagreed with Lofty last time. With it's heritage and "importance" I sort of thought the music fits for the Revolution. However, I know this is only a trailer, but I think you have to be careful with the music. RMCs are very aesthetically pleasing and are a work of art, but it's called The Joker and it's whole demeanor is the complete opposite of what the music is portraying and does seem conflicting at times. When "but the joke is on you" popped up I thought it was going to turn into an SNL skit. I know its just a trailer and it is nit-picking (probably wouldn't even matter as much for the actual episode) but whatever :p

The camera work was amazing btw :angel: