What's new

CoasterFawkes - Alton Towers, Sunday 5th Nov

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Where has this season gone?!

Our last UK park visit of 2017 takes us to Alton Towers for their last day of the season and, most importantly, the spectacular fireworks! On actual fireworks night!

The park opens at 10am and closes at 9pm so they'll be an opportunity to ride a few coasters in the dark. Meet up is 10:15-10:30 at the bottom of Towers Street, next to the cafe and entrance to Ceebies Land.

The park is typically very busy so plan ahead - give yourself plenty of time to arrive and maybe consider staying at the hotel when the park closes!

The Alton Towers website has directions and ticket info. There are BOGOF tickets on Cadbury, Kelloggs, Branston and Colamans products. If buying a BOGOGF on the day (check the validity), make sure you arrive with plenty of time to queue up for the tickets!

If you're going - and I hope you are - please like this post so I can keep tabs.

Woooo! Fireworks! I'm already about to explode with joy when I hear the Hall of the Mountain King during the show!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I was going to, but then I found out public transport will stop going up to the Towers literally the day before, so I no means of getting there sadly. :(

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Gutted to miss this as it sounds such a laugh but I'll be sunning myself instead, on the beach from The OC. Still never been to Alton's fireworks. Have fun guys x

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Honestly, I dunno. I fully intended to boycott Alton this year, fed up of the place, and I don't want to see SW8 in the flesh until I can ride it. I'll save the inevitable disappointment for next Spring when Merlin intend it to be.

On the other hand, I DO like fireworks, and Nemesis in the dark, and Nitrogenie icecream (the caramel-popcorn one, mmmm!), and post-park drinks in the hotel, and I do like my geeky goony internet friends.
And it is only just up the road from me, sooo....

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I am 1000% there, hotel booked too for the night. Need a BOGOF partner though =] (Plus I have space in my hotel room)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Should be good to attend this year :) Never seen their fireworks before!

EDIT: Heard on the grapevine 2 for 1s won't be valid for fireworks days. Anyone got any more info?

Last edited:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Liz and I will be there. Hotel & tickets booked. I'm looking forward to propping up the bar at the end of the day.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Should be good to attend this year :) Never seen their fireworks before!

EDIT: Heard on the grapevine 2 for 1s won't be valid for fireworks days. Anyone got any more info?
They should be, at least last year that was the case. They just won't let you in if the park is already full and you didn't pre-book (which you can't do with these).

Howie

Donkey in a hat

It depends on the voucher - some are valid everyday til season ends, whereas others have exclusion dates (firework & Scarefest days etc...)
Worth checking the small print on any vouchers you have.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Just went and purchased my ticket for the Sunday ^_^ They are saying on social media that tickets are running out

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just went and purchased my ticket for the Sunday ^_^ They are saying on social media that tickets are running out
Is that just with the "online discount" added? Not sure whether to risk leaving it for a cheaper 2 for 1 price or not (I checked the fine print and have a couple of possible options).

nadroJ

CF Legend
Huzzah! Will you be joining us for some water park fun on the Monday too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk