What's new

Coaster that you never re-ride

Kebab said:
Tom G said:
All B&M rollercoasters.
Actually, thinking about it, B&M's are personally my most re-ridable ones.

Haha, I just said that to se eif anyone would notice. Apart from Inferno, the B&Ms in the UK (IE at Alton Towers) are all very re-rideable.

Thirteen and Rita are the most re-rideable things at Alton Towers. I actually find average Vekoma things very re-rideable.

Beastie at Alton, rode it once to get cred and never again.
Mean Streak at Cedar Point, if I was lucky enough to go back, not sure I would want to ruin a day by riding it again.
X:NWO is one I only do if really pushed, I wouldn't miss it if it were to disappear, not farewell party for that nauseating peice of crap.....

As for non Coaster Samurai at Thorpe, Leigh and Ewan pushed me on it once, and I vow never to re-ride it ever again.

there areb't many I'd completely avoid if I revisited a park - I'd probably even reride bandit at movie park once if I went there!

Tom G said:
Thirteen and Rita are the most re-rideable things at Alton Towers. I actually find average Vekoma things very re-rideable.

I wouldn't say thirteen, once you've done it once you know what's coming and it isn't as good. Counts as a kiddie coaster for me, if I have time, I would re-ride, but I would rather do nemesis and oblivion etc.

Wild Mouse coasters, you've been one one you've been on them all. So I go get the credits and never look at them again.

I would definitely say I wouldn't re-ride kiddie coasters, unless it was just me and someone else and they hadn't rode it or whatever. Other notable ones are:

Corkscrew (Mingo) - pain, was just awful
Clone Zone (Milky Way) - thought it was pretty pointless
X:\ No Way Out - urghh
Ninja and Revolution (SFMM) - didn't really do much for me
Primeval Whirl - bad even for a spinning mouse

Jer said:
Wild Mouse coasters, you've been one one you've been on them all. So I go get the credits and never look at them again.
I wouldn't say that, a lot of Wild Mouse coasters offer vastly different experiences. If you're referring to just the Reverchon spinners, then I see your point, but I still think they're fun rides and wouldn't pass up the opportunity to ride one for free at a park.

MACK and Maurer wild mouses can be really fun and are often one of the best coasters in a park's lineup! And then of course there's the Wild Mouse at Blackpool, one coaster which I'm sure most people would agree is quite unlike any other ride on earth. :twisted:

After getting the credit, I tend to steer clear of Wacky Worms and their ilk (obviously) and also Vekoma Corkscrews and your average Arrow Looper. Also I'd rather not ever go on Manhattan Express, ever, ever again.

When I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain, we first rode Colossus.

I don't mind the rattling or bumpiness on wooden coasters, but for some reason Colossus made me kind of sick.

Needless to say, I didn't come within a 300 foot perimeter of that coaster ever again that day lol

I generally would re-ride anything. I'll go on everything at the park, then re-ride everything in the order I "liked" them... Obviously, if there isn't time, I don't re-ride the ****ter ones

No re-rideability?

Steamin Demon
Super Manege
Great American Scream Machine
Viper (SFGA)
Ultra Twister
Wildcat (Lake Compounce)
Anything at Lake Quassy

and I cannot believe nobody has made an Ex girlfriend or Mum joke out of No Re-Ride-ability yet.

I'll ride just about any coaster once in order to get the credit.

I'll occasionally re-ride just about anything if I'm with a group. I'll never bother with re-riding big apples or reverchon spinners on my own for example, but if I'm at a park with a friends and having a good laugh, sometimes I'll just think "what the hell, it'll be funny", and end up riding. Other days, I'll sit out rather than re-ride. It's all down to what mood I'm in at the time.

There are probably coasters out there that I'd never want to ride again, but they'd probably have to be both extrememly boring and extremely painful for me to avoid them completely every time. Even the mine train at Flamingo Land, for example can be hilarious with the right people, even if you're liable to come off battered and bruised.

Whirlwind at Camelot, it can die
Any Big Apple, Spinning Coaster (except the non-standard ones, i.e. Dragons Fury) or kiddie credits

No idea with the Stampadia hate, I loved it.

I can't ride a wooden coaster more than once they rattle me up way to much (N)
Most kids coasters aren't even worth riding once :p

Two are on my list of never hope to ride again:

Ghost Rider (woodie) at Knotts berry farm. I prefer my rides to not make me wonder if I'm going to get off with serious injury. Just from all the sharp bumping combined with forces pulling me in not pain-free directions. I.E. I HATE rough rides.

The Coaster at New York New York, Las Vegas. I didn't think it was possible for a steel coaster to be worse than a woodie, but I was wrong. Not only is it horribly head-banging due to the OSTR, it's also got chunks which are horribly slow AND headbanging at the same time.

I've got a few that I didn't have a good first ride on, but I'm learning how to ride certain coasters better. For instance, I got off Goliath (SFMM), after having a icky grey-out session. But again that day, I was hungry, a bit tired, and slightly stomach sick not due to coasters. Vowed never to get on it again. Now I realize I'd probably enjoy it quite a bit now I'm a bit more 'big coaster' trained.

And on the B&M thing. If I was building a park in my backyard, and could hand pick a handful of rides to have there, almost all of them would be B&M's. Sheikra and possibly Montu from Busch Gardens, Kracken from Sea World. A few others (I'd say scream from SFMM but Kracken is a close sister and has much nicer transitions). Now I think about it, almost of the coasters I have ridden multiple times are B&M's.