What's new

Coaster that you never re-ride

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Jerry's news topic about Sartori's bankruptcy made me realise how much I loathe spinning wild mouse coasters.

I ride them to get the CRED but I never, ever re-ride them. The spinning, turns and sensation does nothing for me. I hate them with a passion, which is why I never waste my time on Earth re-riding those pieces of ****.

So, are there are any coasters out there that you never bother to re-ride?

It could be a coaster type, or it could be a bespoke coaster that you won't re-ride because you hate it.

Which rides have no re-rideability factor?

marc

CF Legend
Spinning Mouse coasters, I hate them.

Apple coasters, they are a cred that is all.

Them Tivoli coasters, cannot remember the names. We did enough of them in Denmark lol.

Kids coasters as well, get the count never go on them again.

Sad really lol. But the main big ones are 1 and 3 for me.

But if I am with CF I do tend to go on them even if I have been on them for the fun factor.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hmm. There's only a few that have ever made me think, "I can't actually handle another go". Stampida being one of them, as Ollie will know. I rode it like twice over the space of 5 days, it's in a shocking state at the moment. Also, Wild Mouse at Blackpool, it's horrible and absolutely twats you to death!

s15c

Mega Poster
Vekoma Boomerangs and SLC's. They're just not worth re-riding.

And mine trains I don't ride again (except for the Trail Blazer, but that's my first coaster, so...).

Nic

Strata Poster
Not that I'd ever go back to that turdhole, but Whirlwind at Camelot. It gave me actual whiplash, my neck was in pain for a couple of months afterwards.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
It's not a coaster but I have issues with swing rides, drop towers and enterprises (not sure of their actual name). I don't know why. I'll ride them once but I never re-ride.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I rarely re-ride a kiddie coaster, but other than that the only thing that would stop me riding again would be pain e.g. Saw.

Ben

CF Legend
Kiddie coasters, Boomerangs, SLCs, **** woodies, the list goes on and on. Then if all that's in the park is these, I'll just leave.

Mike

Giga Poster
I don't think I'd NEVER re-ride anything if I ever visit a park more than once. Even the really bollocks coasters I'd probably go on again, just to see if they've got any better or worse! :p

My only exceptions would probably be kiddie coasters, but if I'm with a group where people are going on them, then what's the point in just standing around off it?

Kebab

Giga Poster
Tom G said:
All B&M rollercoasters.
Actually, thinking about it, B&M's are personally my most re-ridable ones.

The least are kiddie coasters, or anything with a long queue. I re-ride most coasters just in case I get a different experience, Furius Baco proved me good on that!

Gem7000

Roller Poster
roller coaster i won't go on again

Stealth at Thorpe Park the drop was fine its just getting up there i hated-im not so good with the adrenalin rush lol x :)

Error

Strata Poster
Kiddies are a general no, since I'll be surprised if I ride them AT ALL.

Ninja at SFoG was on the list, but the new(old) trains might make it worthwhile.

I would say Vortex at Kings Island, but I know I'm going to in the HOPES it won't break my ****ing neck.

Tom G said:
All B&M rollercoasters.

*checks the calender* It's not opposite day.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've thought long and hard about this, and honestly, I tend to re-ride most, if not all rides when I visit the same park again.

Same day re-rides is a different question though. Especially when it comes to Spinning Mice.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
If I can re-ride, I will on what I thought was the best few from the day. If it's a re-ride without getting up, it's a definate YES :) .

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Clones. Mostly Batman: The Ride and Vortex (Carowinds)

Most coasters I will re-ride, under the right conditions. I am not waiting 3 hours for Apollo's Chariot, but I will definitely ride it again! :D

Intricks

Strata Poster
A coaster that stands out to me would be Desperado at Primm. Oh sweet god, **** that coaster to hell. Gave me and my partner back issues for the entire stay in Las Vegas >< God was that ever a drag. Another coaster that stands out would be Mean Streak...no, just no. Was tempted to say Beast as well (only rode the back seat, so i need to do a re-ride regardless), but it fixed whatever is screwed up on my spinal column.

A coaster type in general? I would say arrow to an extent, traveling pinifari (is that even spelled right?), most kiddie coasters and older woodies due to lack of legroom and being overtly rough (Belmont Parks Giant Dipper and GASM from SFoG, they both felt like my knees were about to be broken in half). I can re-ride almost anything (ridden Manhattan Express ((evil American Togo)) twice and can say it gave a smoother ride the second time i rode it O,o), even clones.

michaellll

Mega Poster
Coasters with no theming and rough rides. Kiddies/mice usually fall under the category of no theming so that's that.

And good god, when something is rough, has no theming, and has no airtime...........shoot me.