What's new

Coaster Dreams. How obsessed are you?

Will

Strata Poster
Haha, and even if it wasn't, that first ****ing lift hill and what follows it would waken the dead, never midn the Mike!

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I remember having a dream that I rode Oblivion, except it wasn't really Oblivion. It was a seat from an SLC and it swang like a swing, threw you out of the seat and onto a giant bullseye! Very weird.
My most recent dream was me riding shockwave. It was weird riding it without the wind and forces. I woke up after the loop. :(

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I don't think i've ever had a dream about coasters or anything similar, but I do often use coasters as a way of lulling myself to sleep if i'm struggling. I just work my way through a ride, and try to do it in real-time, and before I know it, i'm nodding off.

Slash

Giga Poster
^how can you fall asleep on a coaster? Seriously...

I had a dream I was at Canada's Wonderland and I've never been there. It probably looked nothing like the place but I went on this cool new coaster concept and then headed over to behemoth where I rode half of it (long dream I know). The best thing was I felt the forces and the airtime too! It was totally the best dream ever.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I had a dream the other night that me and my family were having our first ride on Saw. N it was completely crap, and I was so gutted! No decent theme, a dire track. But hopefulyl that's not a preminission!

I also had a dream, the same night actually, that I was at USF and Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit launched instead of having the climb hill, bit it launched at a riddiculous speed! N that, as a result, was awesome.

They're the first coaster dreams I've had in ages though, then two in one night! Just like waiting for a bloody bus.

A

Anonymous

I've been having some recurring dreams on different completely made up coasters that I'm flying out of them. The most recent one I had was where I was in line to get on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and I was telling my friend how it was really tame until we got on it! There were no restraints and Millenium Force style hills but they were really rickety and falling apart. I then literally flew out of my seat, like 20 feet above the cars and was flying for a little and then plunked back in...really cool and scary at the same time.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I wish there was a coaster in real life that could do that safely. :p
It would really be terrifying. :)

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Last night I had a dream, that I was a ride-operator in a Kamikaze ride. But strangely I wasn't at the operating booth, but walked calmly in the ride operating area. On top of that I wasn't the only ride-operator, there were three of us in that single ride!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I must confess i had my first coaster dream couple nights back. Wasn't a very pleasent one either!

Firstly i was at a party and this dude had either Kingda Ka or TTD (or something similar) in his garden, and someone annouced there was a bomb at the top... but no-one cared cos we were in the garden below.

Secondly (same dream i think) i was on a B&M inverted with my gf, but instead of cars we were holding onto a rope with a stick tighed in it to sit on. Loads of swinging around all over the place, made me feel quite sick. My girlfriend lost her grip and fell off, think she was okay, then i fell off and woke up.

The End.

A

Anonymous

I had this recurring dream where I was at Disney World and I was on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I never actually got to ride it (especially since it was like combining it with Space Mountain and the Dark Knight), and I was able to walk from park to park.

When I was a fledgling enthusiast, I had this odd dream where I was on Great American Scream Machine, but I took one train up the lift, taken another down the drop, and probably took train #3 on the MCBR. WTFTW

Ali

Mega Poster
Ye I always have the same one.

I'm at Alton Towers with 5 of my friends, we always go on the kiddie rides over and over again. I want to go on Nemesis and Oblivion and just as im at the front of the nemesis que I wake up. It sucks as I never get to actually ride it :(

Error

Strata Poster
I have dreams of I'm still a ride host at CP and people are wanting to ride it and I'm telling them to go away since I'm trying to sleep.

I'm losing my mind...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I had one of very few coaster dreams last night.

I was riding Bandit at Yomiuriland, and the Taiwanese woman (don't know how I know she was Taiwanese) sitting in front of me was allowed to carry her baby onto the coaster and put it into the "pocket" in front of her.

A

Anonymous

i had one about going on an unknown coaster that just kept dropping...

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Mine's always me sitting in the back seat of Big Thunder Mountain in DLP at night, don't really know why, but whenever I'm there on it at night, it sticks in my mind. Had similar dreams of being in Tokyo Disneyland and WDW Magic Kingdom riding Big Thunder Mountain at night with the fireworks going off... good times :)

coastermac

Roller Poster
Well, there must be some alternative reason for these dreams, 'cos I always wake up before I ride the quality rides! Or spend an entire day running round trying to find the front of the cue. :( Similar to some of yours I think?

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
I'm sorry for bumping this topic back up again, but I just had to reply.

Last night, I saw the same dream about the twentieth time, and every time it gets on my nerve. I am at Linnanmäki (my home park) riding rides like a normal day, but then I realize the park has an Intamin freefall drop -tower, but I've never ridden it! Every time I wake up before I get to ride it. :evil:

Let's face it: I have been obsessed with freefall towers ever since I rode Hurakan Condor about two years ago and haven't ridden a drop tower since. There's nothing I wish more than to ride a drop tower again...