What's new

Coaster Count Accuracy

Ben

CF Legend
Mine has fallen out of accuracy in the last few years more than anything, as I've totally lost track of what I've done and what I was on before I did them.

I think it's roughly there, but, probably a few out. But, no way I'm going back through the whole bloody thing, since I don't have a list.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mine's fairly accurate. There may one or two missing from when I was really young, but I don't think so to be honest.

I don't keep a proper record of when I ride something, or where it falls in the count. I just update my number on here after a trip, so I know the total number and can work out if it's a "milestone coaster from that.

I use coaster-count as well, which I find to be the best website since they link closely to rcdb. I've knocked a couple off there for my count on here. It counts mobius coasters as two and I don't, so I've knocked two off for that, for example.

I haven't ridden any alpine coasters, so got no argument there. I'd likely add them on coaster-count, but not on my "real" count. I'll have to see if/when I get to ride one.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
There was a kiddie coaster at Tweetsie Railroad in NC that I'll never remember the name of, but that's it. I can remember all the others.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^That's the downside to coastercounter, it is essentially a WIKI that anyone can edit. There has been more than one occasion where whole states go missing.

I preferred to use Coaster Fanatic(s?). It allowed you to count and rate, and organized your list by park, manufacturer, type, etc... The website hasn't been active since 2010. Then again, if it was active and people used it 95% of the rank the ____ threads here would have been useless.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I know for a fact that there are many coasters I've been on as a child as my family always went to parks, but if I don't remember riding or if there is no picture of me riding then I don't count it. For instance I remember riding Space Chase at Adventure Island as I lost my scrunchie on it and had to get the ride op to retrieve it, whereas I know as a family we visited the now defunct Frontierland up north, yet I have no clear memory of the place.

I've traced through mine a couple of times to fix the gaps and question marks and am happy enough with it now!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I use my iPod notes as one but I can remember because I have a very low count with new credits put at the bottom.

thePOTATO

Roller Poster
Mine is EXACT. I know every single coaster I have ridden in my entire life (with a little help from my parents for when I was little).

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
Myrtle Beach: Hurricane, Corkscrew King's Dominion: I305, Flight of Fear, Rebel Yell, Shockwave, Grizzly, The Hurler, Volcano, Dominator, Anaconda, Scooby Doo(Woodstock Express), Avalanche, and Ricochet. Dollywood: Blazing Fury, Thunder Express, and Tennessee Tornado. SFoG: Z-Force, Ninja, Mind Bender, Batman, Georgia Scorcher, Great American Scream Machine, Georgia Cyclone, and Viper. SFoT: Mini Mine Train and Runaway Mine Train. BGW: Big Bad Wolf, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, and Loch Ness Monster. Disney World: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain. Minus that kiddie coaster at Tweetsie Railroad, this is everything. I'm pretty sure that kiddie coaster is long gone.