What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Who wants to petition the rides manager for a coaster then? :lol:

I would!

The original plan was to remove the mine train, and have two dueling Mack coasters around that area and I saw a few things about it. That would be awesome if they ever went ahead with it.

Ali

Mega Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
I would!

The original plan was to remove the mine train, and have two dueling Mack coasters around that area and I saw a few things about it. That would be awesome if they ever went ahead with it.

Would be great, as long as I get the mine train credit first! I didn't know mack built dueling coasters? Would it be a proto-type? I was thinking a Gerstlaur Bobsled would fit in PERFECTLY at chessie, not too intimidating for the kids and also a great ride for enthusiasts as well!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
No to the Bobsled idea, Chessie has enough of rides like that really with single 4 person cars, many guests would compare it to Rattlesnake as well...

Chessie needs either loops & launch or Wooden... That's really it for coasters... The rest is mainly replacing crap rides (as I listed before) and generally continue to re-sprucing of the park...

Also I was thinking that Bubbleworks should turn into the 'Fantom Factory' (deliberate spelling mistake) and basically have a kind of mix between old Bubbleworks and Toyland Tours, tongue-in-cheek kiddie horror... Gotta think more about that though...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
marc said:
Lynet would fit in perfect for Chessington.

Especially what with that nice big flat field sitting behind Beanoland's service road just waiting for such a project to take place that will be highly themed and involve a small indoor section ;)

A

Anonymous

I went to chessington world of adventures on thursday with an old friend from school, we had a great time there =]

A

Anonymous

I'm 14 and i still like Chessington but i would like to see one more big ride like Samarii at Thorpe park or perhaps a Zodiac or Vortex like ride. For families i think perhaps a ride like Depth Charge at Thorpe Park would be beneficial for Benoland as it is a ride for all and i think it would fit the theme of the land. Another idea is a rapid ride like Rumba Rapids as that is family friendly and a good fun short queue ride for all.

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
marc said:
Lynet would fit in perfect for Chessington.

Especially what with that nice big flat field sitting behind Beanoland's service road just waiting for such a project to take place that will be highly themed and involve a small indoor section ;)

I've always wanted to see something extend the Pirates Cove area. A ride like this could be perfect on the field adjacent (other side of the path) to Black Bucaneer. A pirate town with buildings, allowing for your indoor section and so on.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I honestly don't know if I would want to remove that field there, mainly because the green areas is one of the reasons why I like Chessie (and Oakwood for another example) so much, because they have areas where you can just sit and relax if you want to...

But since the field behind Beanoland does not get used for it, may as well build a coaster with the new india theme there with the whole indoor section, ancient temple for example, done...

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Chessington could certainly do with one large coaster. I know it's aimed at families, which is why I think it needs an 'in-between' coaster. Vampire simply doesn't cut it. I think a good woodie would be a great edition to the park. I would also put it on that field behind the black buccaneer; there's plenty of room so would still leave a lot of green sitting areas.

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Topsyturvy14 said:
I'm 14 and i still like Chessington but i would like to see one more big ride like Samarii at Thorpe park or perhaps a Zodiac or Vortex like ride. For families i think perhaps a ride like Depth Charge at Thorpe Park would be beneficial for Benoland as it is a ride for all and i think it would fit the theme of the land. Another idea is a rapid ride like Rumba Rapids as that is family friendly and a good fun short queue ride for all.

I completely agree with you with the Zodiac/Vortex type of ride.
Quite a few kids like Zodiac at Thorpe if they were tall enough when I went - It would fit in quite well.
Also something similair to the Xtreme Challenge at Legoland Windsor would fit in.
The Rapids and Bobsleigh ideas fit would fit in quite well - I just dont know which land the Bobsleigh would go in though.

Enicomb

Mega Poster
I think a rapids would work well at CWoA, but it doesn't really bridge the gap between CWoA and somewhere like Thorpe

A

Anonymous

I think Chessington would benefit from some more great flat rides like Rameses' Revenge. I went there with my brother and some of his friends for his 10th birthday and they all absolutely loved it!
I think a coaster with an inversion or two also wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it was themed well and not too extreme to scare away kids.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
BUMP

It would be me wouldn't it doing that :lol:

Either way, I'd like to comment on the merchandise (or lack of) at Chessie on my last trip there (2 weeks ago, loooong)...

So basically merchandise for adults is quite poor, Fury now seems to have gone (not even a pen :() completely and considering it is the park's biggest ride (arguable of course, but nevertheless) having no merchandise for it nowadays is a bit silly...

Compare the UK parks to the American parks and the difference is so scary, CP and KI both had about 3/4 different shirts of various style and logos for EVERY SINGLE COASTER...
That's exactly what we need, quality merchadise because the shirts are pretty popular in America..

Not much of a Chessie thing but Merlin need to revamp the merch next year a lot, which is possible due to the amount of sales going on... Also I want a Nemesis t-shirt...

Also, Gerstlauer launched please! :)

peep

CF Legend
^Ditto.

Oh and an update on Tomb Blaster so it's more like this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uavwVDIn3w[/youtube]

We know Merlin can do it, that ride is in one of their parks! Gardaland in Italy to be precise.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Would be an interesting idea to make Tomb Blaster into a Mack Omnimover...

Would defo sort out the long queue it gets, but how much would it cost?

Rather focus on other things than Tomb John, bar adding some more theming and scenery into it and maybe doing a Duel:Live thing in Halloween, why didn't I mention that earlier... :(

Tomb - LIVE! With random actors dressed as mummies and maybe a homage or two to the guy who used to be in there at several points... Could work... Worked on Duel I think didn't it?