What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
So it's gone in under the Holiday Inn?

That doesn't fill me with joy, unless they're doing it as cover if the locals aren't too happy with the park building new stuff :lol:

But if it is about the hotel it could be an extension or sommat that adds nothing to the park...

I really think now another 1.2m ride is needed, especially with school weeks going on, so many tweens and younger teenagers are in the park right now, and they need something else that loops, perhaps a Gerstlauer launched perhaps? :p

peep

CF Legend
I reckon they must be doing something to the actual grounds rather than building something there. On the boards for the Alton Towers future thing it had a picture of that land as an example for some sort of ecological thing, so maybe Chessington are just going to be expanding that? Wouldn't of thought they would need planning permission for that though. Unless they are thinking of extending the hotel?

I'm also surprised that we haven't seen any applications for the changes to Beanoland.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^I am led to believe the decision of what is coming in is yet to be made...

Sommat will probs happen next month, but there are a few markers elsewhere in the park right now near Beanoland (Mystic East/Fury side), so who knows...

Darren

Roller Poster
MAJOR NEWS:

An application has been put in to the council for the re-development of Beanoland:

"Redevelopment of 'Beanoland', including the relocation and/or re-themeing of existing structures/buildings, the installation of a new disc ride, the creation of a bird walkthrough enclosure, landscaping and engineering works"

The full details are available on Monday when all applications are usually released.

Here is the link: http://maps.kingston.gov.uk/isis_main/Planning/Planning_DETAIL.aspx?strCASENO=0910119&strHeader=Y

jokerman

Giga Poster
Not a disk-o. Please not a disk-o. But I can't think of what else it could be. There is already a disk-o down the road at Paulton's.

jokerman

Giga Poster
It's just stopped working for me too. Weird. I could read it 5 minutes ago. Darren has quoted the important bit though.

spicy

Giga Poster
A disk-o and a relocated ride (Billy's Whizzer prob) and a bird walk through?

To all Chessie managers, wake the **** up and add something decent for once and you will see how popular and successful this park will be.

It NEEDS a new coaster that goes 'upside down', the age bracket that you are aiming for will love it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I guess this new area is going to be called 'Land of the birds' sadly not the type I was after. :(

There's a button on the application to comment on it. I reckon someone should do it. :p

peep

CF Legend
They usually submit actual blueprints on this site or aren't they able to do this anymore?

Not that happy about this news tbh. Though disk ride, possibly rodeo back from the dead with a new re-theme? If it is a disk-o I will find management and scream at them until they withdraw their application.

I also don't understand why they need a bird walk-through, does this mean a big change in the bird section of the zoo? More room for the monkeys? More space next to Runaway mine train? Oh the possibilities could be endless in that area.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Who wants to petition the rides manager for a coaster then? :lol:

Honestly we can't say much from this thing so far but no coaster disappoints me and makes me lose a bet I had with another staff member...

Grrr.... May as well phone Gerstlauer ourselves :p

peep

CF Legend
I'd even be up for picketing Mr! I don't think a petition would be enough.

I also noticed on the website that it is currently on stage 2. Stage 3 looks like the point where they consult with peeps that need to know (neighbours) and peeps that want to know (us). If there is a public conference or whatever about this we should go to it and nag the peeps in charge who are there and tell them they have lost the plot and need to build something good.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Those plans are a bit...well, depressing. We need something interesting Chessie! Like a high capacity coaster! Not another but ugly, nut cruncher disc!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Well obviously this year's plan are almost set in stone with the planning permission being put through, and the theming of the area does look good don't it...

But I want to look even further into the future for the park, and personally a good plan for the future would be to focus on a themed area each year, doing everything to it like adding, removing, replacing, etc...

For example, 2010 is obviously Beanoland, but perhaps in 2011 Mystic East may get a complete revamp, and 2012 Translyvania, and so on...

And looking at the park overall, there are about 7 rides that I'd like to see removed and replaced in the future... These are...

- Tiny Truckers - Obviously a kids ride, but it's crap and has a crap throughput and capacity, the park needs more rides with a high end capacity, plus, removing this could stop the dead-endedness of Land of the Dragons...

- Dragon's Playhouse/Canopy Capers - More attractions here, but still, two really poorly designed play areas which take up a lot of room and are really bad... Space would be better suited to having two more family/kiddie flats with better theming...

- Toadies Crazy Cars - No queues, low throughput, large area... Get rid so perhaps one or two reasonably major rides could replace it...

- Peeking Heights - A Ferris Wheel that can only use around 10 pods out of 18? Well done Fabbri, this should be replaced by another one because it does give great views of the park and surroundings, but the newer one should be able to use all of it's pods without fear of it breaking...
In addition, the two games next to it should be removed and replaced by one of them spinning rides that go forwards and backwards...

- Berry Bouncers - Replace with the family Drop Tower at Drayton...

- Dennis' Madhouse - Although it's getting a retheme with the new area, it's another poor attraction and should really be replaced by a proper Madhouse (Hex) which with the newly themed area could have a very impressive backstory...

So yeah, even more ideas to throw at the park in regards to my least favoured rides... These can be chucked onto the pile next to Skyway's renovation and Bubbleworks total retheme... :lol:

peep

CF Legend
I love the idea of what could be put in the Dennis Madhouse building. I think the building would need a large extension to it though for like at least one pre-show room.

I think Bubbleworks needs to go, something horror themed needs to replace it, doesn't make sense having a soap factory in a horror themed Transylvania area. The professor made a tad more sense as he was a mad professor and he got replaced by annoying plastic ducks, they're not even evil!

james6

Roller Poster
I was looking forward to 2010 for Chessington and now, I'm not so much. A disko... I'm sure there probably good rides but one doesn't suit Chessington and it's not the sort of quality addition I was hoping for :(

The theming looks relatively good though