What's new

Chessington World of Adventures: YOUR VIEWS WANTED

^I like the ideas, but a small 4D would be a hard thing to build. From what I've seen on photos, you'll have a hard time getting those trains through a barn door, and you'll need some distance to spin on, you can't flip 270 degrees on a 20 meter drop.

However, a Zac Spin would be cool. Imagine a small vertical lift, then a long section of hills and maybe a larger drop, then a brake before a vertical turn, and the same way back, underneath the track. Basically a 4D out and back.

And a Kanonen-ish ride would do well, but I think it's just above the target group. Something resembling Lisebergbanan would also be cool. I've always loved the idea of low-to-the-ground action, turns and hills. Perhaps a launch too? Nah, that would be wishing too much.

I agree that something with a similiar layout to Daemonen would be good. Daemonen doesn't feel scary due to the lift being quite short, but I don't think chessie can afford or would want a B&M. If parents see their kids going on what looks like a big ride, then they might consider going to Thorpe instead, which is not what they want. Eurofighters do have similiar layouts to Daemonen, but when there's another one down the road it might not be the best move. They need something that isn't similiar to Thorpe, but that can lead onto that sort of ride.

^*sigh* So what I said? Why does everyone have to repeat what I said?

coasteraddict10 said:
EDIT: ^like kanonen, which is what I said, but i do think they need to do something what their competitors dont have (their competitors being legoland and thorpe) then once they start getting even more visitors, do something thier competitors have, just to increasd the ride amount. I'm thinking a woody, and maybe a 4d (small of course) or a wing rider (encirculing an area in chessie).

-CA

Or perhaps a small blitz coaster, at about 70 feet tall?

-CA

^*sigh* So what I said? Why does everyone have to repeat what I said?
No, whilst some of my points were similiar, I put a different slant on my answer. And they aren't competing with legoland and thorpe. Although the GP won't necceserily know they are owned by the same company, they will want something different for other reasons.

Yeah but I don't think Merlin would want to opt for a B&M or Intamin for a while with the problems they have with the ones they already have got.

Dear Chessington

Please install a Gerstlauer launched roller coaster like Lynet in Farup Sommerland.

Yours Thankfully

Dave 'Gerstlauer Fanboy' *not putting surname here*

Nemesis Inferno said:
A Lynet mirrored clone would fit in the area behind Beanoland very well dimension wise I've deduced from maps and stuff... And with a 1.2m height restriction as well as 2 inversions it's an excellent choice by the looks of things in my opinion...

Lynet looks really good fun. That'd be a great addition to the park.

Dave said:
Dear Chessington

Please install a Gerstlauer launched roller coaster like Lynet in Farup Sommerland.

Yours Thankfully

Dave 'Gerstlauer Fanboy' *not putting surname here*

Good idea Mr Hartley ;)

Just watched a pov of that ride, god that looks rough.

The real problem I have with it was the same with Speed, it does not flow. They keep on using block brakes to change directions and I just dont like that. Rather than make it go right when it does they could have used an overbank round to the left and then join the track at the finish.

Don't S&S make a junior launched coaster?

I think something like that would fit in well.

But I think Chessie really need a rarer ride to make it stand out a bit more. The rides are old and with no new rides for a while, they're getting boring.

They need one of the newer, more inovative rides to bring it into style again.

Thats some mass of space for a bloomin' show arena.

Would this mean that Market Square would be up for a change as there would be no point in that tiny stage if there is a 1000+ seat theatre behind Beanoland. Hmm, one does ponder about this very odd planning application. From the plans it looks un themed and boring, much like Thorpe's pointless show area, only this one is covered :shock: One is confused