What's new

Chessie begins to kid spot

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LOL Erol, The technology was being developed five years ago for Legoland. At the same time I suggested openly online Alton should implement it for tracking people and taking videos of them... I await the thanks of YourDay... ;)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
But I'm not on about Legoland am I?
Chessington was no part of Legoland at the time, this was something I wanted designed inhouse. It didn't use the YourDay camera system, my design would communicate differently but it was essentially the same thing. Ah whatever, its done now. They're using something they said would cost too much so atleast I can throw some egg in their face now.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The technology has only just come down in price Erol. It's been around about 7 or 8 years, but took a long time to really reduce (hence why YourDay can afford to throw away bands). Legoland with the backing of Merlin could just afford to do it earlier.

I followed the dev of the Legoland system and it's pretty good, but the technology never really worked as it was still too soon. It's been well refined now though and works well,