What's new

Chessie begins to kid spot

peep

CF Legend
I was browsing the Chessington wesbite and came across a new thing they are trying this year (unless it has been around for some time and I've never noticed). It is called KidSpotter.

It's essentially a tag you attach to your kid and if you lose them one text message later and Chessie have tracked down the whereabouts of the child.

I think it's quite a clever idea but it also seems a tad Big Brother etc. I'm sure this will make some protective parents happy.

LINKAGE

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They've had this at Legoland for years. It uses the same technology as YourDay :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
It's a good idea, as little ones can wonder around without parents noticing. As Ollie said, he'll never be lost again :D

Infernus

Hyper Poster
To be honest, This can be a good idea for any child in a themepark, as it happens almost daily everywhere.. So atleast with the tags parents do not have to worry as much.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
OH FOR **** SAKE!
I gave them a similar idea 3 years ago and they laughed it off saying it would be too expensive, and now they go and do it!

I'm not bitter...... honest.

spicy

Giga Poster
If it uses the YourDay technology could they incorporate it to kid spot and do the YourDay videos at Chessie aswell?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
YouDay are an independent company, so it's doubtful. There are also other concerns regarding privacy and all kinds. It's very complicated to be honest :lol:

Probably not is the answer :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not a parent (that I know about) so I say that any parent that loses their ****ing kids at a theme park should be slapped on spot.

I know kids run off - I used to do it all the time when I went shopping with mum - but mum would always "find" me whenever I started looking a bit distressed.

I just hope that the person operating the service has had a full police CRB check [/Daily Mail]

Still, peace of mind for parents that can't parent properly.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
This has been around since end of 07 apparently...

I don't think it's been heavily advertised or used though...

Nah, it hasn't.
All they did was write a tag and put it on the childs wrist, it wasn't a chip.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
So the kidspotter thing HAS been in use before, just not like this... :roll:

And Ian, I am guessing the CBR form will have already been filled out, since evne I had to do one this year...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^No, this system is new to Chessington.

It used to be the case of Security finding the kid then all they'd do is look at the tag and ring the parents phone number on it. At least with this new way, you are tracked like a Your-Day tag.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
My antiestablishmentary views dislike this a lot. I don't want to start a political argument, but i don't see anything wrong with the wrist band or the stickers you can write a phone number on at Legoland. They work and they don't add too much to Britians 1984/CCTV culture. :?

Aerith

Mega Poster
It's like a little cell phone which goes round the childs neck and it will say the exact location when they are lost such as " Market square, under the stage".

It costs 3 pounds but has to be returned at the end of the day!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
From Legoland three years ago? Surely being part of the Merlin group they don't need to now?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well I gave them the idea when I started 3 years ago (still Tussauds), so credit should come my way in some form. I was way ahead of them, just goes to show why the bosses didn't like me, I were better than them as I was the only one to have GOOD ideas.