Cheese on Toast - Grated or sliced?

When I make cheese on toast, I

• grate the cheese.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slice the cheese.

• don't care.

• This topic is spam and Ian should ban himself.

• Total voters

bazpa

Hyper Poster
A good way round the L&P problem is to cook it for a while and then sprinkle on the sauce - it doesn't run off as easily when the cheese is starting to bubble.

Sliced for me but never those cheese slice things, they're not the same at all just look at how they cook - the ready sliced stuff just goes up in a big bubble then goes brown, its not real cheese. Those slices are only good for putting on a burger where they melt, you can't cook them.

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
Sliced! I'm glad i'm not the only one who has trouble with grating in this topic :p

The truth being i can't touch anything remotely sharp without being inches away from going to hospital, so to avoid great injury i usually get someone else to slice the cheese..... and clearly sliced tastes better anyway.... it shouldn't really matter.... but it does lol....

Martyn

Giga Poster
It doesn't! Grated cheese tastes better, by far! So shoosh!

bazpa said:
never those cheese slice things, they're not the same at all just look at how they cook - the ready sliced stuff just goes up in a big bubble then goes brown, its not real cheese. Those slices are only good for putting on a burger where they melt, you can't cook them.

They're not even good at that, they taste of nothing and just add goo to a burger. Cheeseburgers are rubbish unless they've got proper cheese on them. Which is quite handy for me because I save 50p or whatever horrendeous price they charge you for cheese in a kebab shop on a night out. (You do have to shout "NO CHEESE" at them though, otherwise they will just assume you want it, therefore fleecing you out of another 50p, and generally people are too pissed to notice/care...)

kimahri

CF Legend
Grated is waaaaaay better

Simply because when I try to slice cheese it looks greated in the end some how and I find it's quicker to grate it as well.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Grate if i can be bothered.

All you n00bs saying sliced melts better ain't greating enough cheese. See, this is where laziness comes into this.

Besides, if you grate then you can mix with onion. Mmmm. And red leister. Mmmmm.

Grated melts quicker and therefore better, because it's smaller peices, idiots. Like small peices of chicken cook quicker.
:roll:

AND cheese just on it's own is superior when greated. So, yeah, Martyn and i are t3h win. The rest of you must be shot.

Jake

Strata Poster
How does sliced melt better? Grated leaves much more surface area exposed to the heat, thus, melts quicker and better.

Grated all the way.

Lain

Giga Poster
Ben said:
^Sliced melts everywhere, grated leaves clumps of non-cheese.

Wouldn't that be down to the initial laying of the gratings though?

If you covered it well, there wouldn't be a problem.

danthecoasterman

Mega Poster
There's no need to cover it will though with sliced cheese, just put it on and it melts fine. Grated falls off the bread aswell and melts everywhere.

Jake

Strata Poster
danthecoasterman said:
Grated melts everywhere.

Isn't that the point of cheese on toast?

Thats like saying "I hate using a kettle because it makes me tea hot!".

Ben

CF Legend
Lain said:
Wouldn't that be down to the initial laying of the gratings though?

If you covered it well, there wouldn't be a problem.

Well, if you want to spend forever ordering every piece of cheese into an order so that it melts evenly with no gaps, be my guest. But, surely wouldn't that just be the same as sliced, except you grated it and put it back together.

Lauz

Roller Poster
"This Topic Is Spam, Ian Should Ban Himself"

Just wanted to see how many people actually voted for that!

----------------------------------------------

It really dosent matter. Grated or Sliced. It's going to melt into a big pile of bloody cheese aint it? Not gonna look sliced or grated then isit?!

8)