What's new

CF RCT 3 World Championship Discussion

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Great! Sorry for not voting...but I like not to be judgmental :--D
Anyway....so bring it on!

In fact, I'll advocate the terrain woodie, since it will be somewhat of a challenge. We need some sort of restriction though...

scw55

Hyper Poster
An idea for a round.

Build a coaster in a strict plot of land of certain dimensions. Extra credit for a complete circuit (to encourage participants to not go the 'safe' route and do a form of Shuttle.)

JammyBand

Roller Poster
So does that mean that Colossus, Reddude333, gopats, deathfearsnone and SoMuchWin with move on to the next round automatically and I will be competing against nealbie and BHH? Im sorry but I have never taken part in a thing such as this so I'm not completely sure.

As for competition ideas, I'm not a great fan of extensive CS or CTR etc. I love doing support work, but overall I don't like having a very strict theming rule. EG It must be a water ride with the theme of a pirate ship traveling through the sea. I would prefer: It must be a water ride with good pirate themeing. Just my thoughts. :)

-JammyBand

gopats1479

Mega Poster
^Right on with the matchups.

And I agree with the ideas. Maybe one round could be a wooden coaster round, another B&M inverts, another Arrow coasters, etc.

^^That's a good idea, scw.

Colossus

Giga Poster
reddude333 said:
Exciting! As much as I would like to get into the competition right away, I am honored that you all voted me as second seed overall and I will still be very involved in the topics for each of the first round matches.\

Yeah same here, I`m honored also to be ranked so high, this give me me lots of valuable time I can devote to the setting up of this competition, and helping out as much as is possible :)

CoasterCrazy said:

That`s not a problem buddy, I do understand that it`s not easy to judge others, so I fully understand why yourself and others chose not to vote.

JammyBand said:
So does that mean that Colossus, Reddude333, gopats, deathfearsnone and SoMuchWin with move on to the next round automatically and I will be competing against nealbie and BHH?

No, you will be facing just TheKingin64 one on one. Don`t worry if you don`t get the format, I`ll be making everything a bit clearer on Sunday evening. :)

CoasterCrazy said:
We need some sort of restriction though...

scw55 said:
An idea for a round.

Build a coaster in a strict plot of land of certain dimensions. Extra credit for a complete circuit (to encourage participants to not go the 'safe' route and do a form of Shuttle.)

JammyBand said:
As for competition ideas, I'm not a great fan of extensive CS or CTR etc. I love doing support work, but overall I don't like having a very strict theming rule. EG It must be a water ride with the theme of a pirate ship traveling through the sea. I would prefer: It must be a water ride with good pirate themeing. Just my thoughts. :)

Right, lets put it like this, as much as it would be good to have restrictions, there`s multiple reasons why that wouldn't be functional.

1- It`s obviously restrictive, - for a tournament like this, people should be able to go big and maximize creativity.
2- It`s hard to satisfy everybody's needs.
3 - Restrictions mean more time, if people are free to create what they want then people have less walls to climb and projects can be finished on time.
4 - Most importantly, this won`t be a normal competition where people submit scores on each ride, It will literally be a poll, so people will just be voting on which is best. This means any CF member can influence the results of this comp, and they may not either notice or care about restrictions. People will just vote on which is best.
5 - With regards to CS, it shall be allowed, but again people will just be voting for whats best instead of breaking them down into scores, An we all know that there`s a lot of people here who appreciate the in game tools just as much as CS, so the use of CS shouldn't make much of a difference.

But, we will have a basic restriction per round, so I`m guessing people like terrain for this round, so terrain it is. Like gopats said, next round could be B&M or Arrow, whatever people want to do, we can discuss that nearer the time.
There`s actually 1 huge restriction already in-place, the fact that it`s 2 weeks from layout, to presentation, I believe that is challenge enough, anything more could just over complicate proceedings.

Hope this helps.

Nick

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Colossus said:
CoasterCrazy said:

That`s not a problem buddy, I do understand that it`s not easy to judge others, so I fully understand why yourself and others chose not to vote.

Well...that was an excuse for forgetting!

I certainly like the idea of solely one restriction, since the main reason for the restriction is so we compare the two. With a congruent coaster type, we can therefore be more 'creative' and that's what it's all about, no?

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Yes Sir, that appears to be what people wanted most, so that`s what it will be.

No other restrictions, so if anybody wants to get a few days extra in then by all means do so, please don`t post any updates here though, I`m going to get the tournament set up properly on Sunday. :)

scw55

Hyper Poster
Never got round to voting sadly. When I noticed the polls, my browser was playing slowly so I thought "I'll do this another time". Another time comes and turns out they closed :p

reddude333

Giga Poster
And scw55, the new HUB is at the link that Nick posted above. [EDIT: on the previous page :p] If you want to keep up on things, that is a good place to start :)