What's new

CF Lives 2022 - What's Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

Strata Poster
At the risk of being a dick, May 15 is a Sunday.
May 14 is Eurovision night, so I suspect I will have plans (I'll also have just got back from Belgium)

JamesB

Mega Poster
Of course Paultons is on the one weekend I have something planned in May! Sad times.

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but if anyone is organising any small group trips (especially to Europe) I'd be interested in tagging along.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Thanks Ian!

Largely dependent on if I have a job and where in the world I'll be doing said job, but I hope to make it to Paultons and GhosterForce :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
At the risk of being a dick, May 15 is a Sunday.
May 14 is Eurovision night, so I suspect I will have plans (I'll also have just got back from Belgium)
Ah cheers! Yes, should be the 14th then, the Saturday.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Alton - fo sho.
Paulton's - maybe, although might be in the Netherlands.
Blackpool - maybe, although might be in Murica.
Ghosterforce - fo sho.

Edit* Netherlands trip is end of May, so Paulton's is a go-er. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Will

Strata Poster
Alton & Blackpool are likely, GF will depend on my level of energy/enthusiasm, but given how fab it was last year, I won't be hard to persuade :)

Last edited:

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I’ll be at Alton, might even do the Saturday since I have a pass now. Bit of a long shot but if anyone fancied doing the water park pm me, I really wanna try and do it this year.

Whilst it would have been nice to spend my birthday with you all at Paultons, I’m away that weekend so no can do.

Definitely due a Blackpool visit and always wanted to see the illuminations so count me in for that.

Ghosterforce probably but it’s a long way off yet!

So excited to finally get back to some lives this year!!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Alton - Sunday, 20th March (opening weekend, avoids rush on opening day)

Paultons - Saturday, 14th May (avoids BH weekends, new cred will be open and initial rush gone)

Blackpool - Saturday, 10th September (after school holidays, illuminations on)

GhosterForce (Thorpe/CWOA) - Sat/Sun 15th and 16th October

I might put Flamingo in late June/early July depending on my own, personal commitments, so it’s not confirmed just yet.

I hope you can make them. Before you buy tickets for Paultons, give me a while to talk to the park to see what deals they have. I’m reluctant to organise anything “en masse” in the name of CF in case things have to abruptly change again, but as Paultons is only a 10 mins cycle ride from mine, so easier to deal in person etc. Knock yourself out organising Blackpool and the Merlin tickets. The Alton topic will be up at the weekend.
Alton - Gutted about this one, I'd pre-emptively booked the Saturday off work... Can't do Sundays at all (not easy to do Saturdays!) So won't be there. :/ If anybody else is there on the Saturday and wants to meet up give me a shout.

Paulton's - a very slim maybe.

Blackpool - is a no, heading to Manchester for Orlando the evening after...

GF - Will try for the Saturday again (and Friday if we're doing Tulleys again) :)

Will

Strata Poster
Should we all go to Nick's pub for tea after Alton?

I hear you get free drinks if you wear ride merch ;)

#spam

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Should we all go to Nick's pub for tea after Alton?

I hear you get free drinks if you wear ride merch ;)

#spam
Not a chance of you all getting in on a Sunday lol Why do you think I cannot possibly join you :(

And I was gonna get some Nemesis and Oblivion on the pumps too :/

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Aiming to attend atleast one of the Ghoster Force lives this year. Might take that event as the fright nights day where I debut my next cosplay.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'd like to think I can make it to the Towers Live. It'd be a great way to kick off the year considering I've not been in almost a decade. Embarrassing to think I haven't even been on The Smiler, let alone Wicker Man 😂

BPB should be easy enough too. The rest I'll have more chance of confirming once I've started my new job.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Pre-booked a MAP ticket for the Alton date so I guess now I'm coming to that live!

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Date move for Paultons for two reasons, 1) I'm going to a friend's wedding (feel like I've been shoved in as a replacement due to the comparatively short notice) and 2) a fair few "no can dos" posted above. So the new Paultons date is a week later, Saturday 21st May (this still avoids the Bank holiday weekends and Hampshire school holiday dates). Sorry for an inconvenience caused but hopefully I've given enough notice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.