What's new

CF Lives 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just a thought - but could Toverland be the destination for Ghosterforce again? because we missed the Halloween event there last time - and it looks like they do a good Halloween - which would also extra value to visiting!

I would love for the Toverland trip to be for Halloween event too. Looking at last years calendar the event appears to start on Fridays and Saturdays from mid October. It looks sooo fab, plus Troy night rides!!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Halloween at Toverland sounds sweet. I'd have to tag on Phantasia too, because it is criminal to ignore Taron when it's merely 60 miles away ;)

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
We could just repeat the 2016 GhosterForce and road trip from Cologne to Amsterdam? ;) Would be great for newbies like me who missed that trip.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I'm very pro Denmark - and I've wanted to get to Hansa for the longest time, so I'd be doing an add-on similar to what Sue suggests if possible.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'll be at Blackpool and Alton for sure.
Liseberg/Toverland in the summer is less likely for me, purely because I'm doing project work for uni, so no worries on that one.
Denmark for GF I'd definitely be in for...Toverland is a million miles away from Denmark so I'd suggest Toverland in the summer sometime...meh to Halloween ;) also want to go to Hansa for that one! <3

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Apart from Djurs' family friendly event, I don't think any other parks in Denmark really do anything for Halloween. I'd go there in summer/Sept when they days are longer, parks stay open late and then you can squeeze in loads. Then go to decent big Halloween event for Ghosterforce?

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
The Danish parks have a lot of outdoor stuff to do, trampolines, ridiculous inflatable cushions, assault courses etc - all of which I think are more suited to a summer's day than a cold October day, so I would recommend a summer trip.

As for Poland, I suggest both this year and 2020 if the RMC comes along. We go to Sweden at least every other year and it's significantly more expensive than Poland. I'm not complaining, they have Volvos and a new B&M so I'm in - but we'll be going back for Gronalund's invert in 2020 so I don't see why wouldn't double up Poland on the same basis?

As for Halloween - I think Toverland as a start and then see what people want to team it up with - Walibi Belgium and Phantasialand are both worth a look as is Slagharen with it's new (for 2017) Gerstlauer that has got decent reviews.

Will

Strata Poster
Really hoping I can get to at least one this year, but looking at the list Poland's probably the only possibility.
I'm guessing Alton's as good as nailed on for 17 March and also have no interest in returning to Denmark as their most substantial developments in the last five years seem to have all been family coasters.
Liseberg would be fab because it's Liseberg, but suspect I'll be priced out of that one by the cost : potential creds ratio.

Last edited:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I am big into the idea of a Toverland Halloween jobby...does anyone know if the other parks are open then too (by other parks I mean BillyBird and DippieDoe). Also big into the idea of heading to Slagharen and maybe Helledoorn too? We we there during Halloween 2016 but only had time to pop in for an hour to snatch the creds, but it definitely seems like they have a more 'adult' Halloween event to enjoy!

Will

Strata Poster
As a general rule, Dippidoe and Billybird seem to be open Wednesdays, Fridays and weekends in October.
Doubt there's much there by way of Halloween stuff, but I'm guessing these are 'dive in and grab the cred on the way to somewhere else' parks. Which is why they continue to evade me!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Soo looks like Hellendoorn do a Halloween event called 'Screams' with 9 mazes and scare zones...looks intreguing!

Suggestion: - Toverland Halloween on Friday
- DippieDoe, Billy Bird and Hellendoorn on Saturday (Hellendoorn is an hour and a half drive but it stays open late for Halloween)
- Slagharen and Walibi Holland on Sunday (surely it would be rude not to go back to the best Halloween event in Europe whilst we're there ;) )

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That sounds PERFECT @Serena.
Could we somehow fit De Waarbeek in there too (if it's open and close enough) to nab the oldest cred?

Also, Kernie's is fairly close to BillyBird. You know, the place with a casual star flyer in a cooling tower.

nadroJ

CF Legend
[QUOTE="Mysterious Sue, post: 1011485, member: 12524

Also, Kernie's is fairly close to BillyBird. You know, the place with a casual star flyer in a cooling tower.[/QUOTE]
WANT!

That trip sounds really fab, only issue for me currently is I'm already in my overdraft when it comes to holiday days, so I'd have to see what I could wrangle to get that one extra date to take the Friday off for Toverland. And I likely would sadly have to miss out Walibi Holland as would be flying home the Sunday night. Either way, it wants, so, I'll see what I can wrangle to make it happen!

Also, if Tover is open late for Halloween it might be worth popping into DippieDoe or BillyBird that morning to take a bit of the pressure off on the Saturday?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
And I likely would sadly have to miss out Walibi Holland as would be flying home the Sunday night.
Just do what I do and fly back early Mon morning. Waltz into work like you always do an international commute XD.
(You don't work that far from major seveal major airports).

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Good idea @nadroJ, if we fly into Eindhoven Friday morning then DippyDoe is basically on the way to Toverland.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Just do what I do and fly back early Mon morning. Waltz into work like you always do an international commute XD.
(You don't work that far from major seveal major airports).

If it were just me I would defo do that - it’s Conor that’s the issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.