What's new

CF Christmas Meet 2013

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Rather surprised a trip reports topic for this hasn't been set up already, suppose you all have hangovers ;)

I plan on doing a proper trip report of my own soon, (promise!), but we wanna hear YOUR trip reports too so post your thoughts of the day here :D

I think we all owe a massive thanks to John for arranging the trip and tackling the job of booking pubs last minute for us to occupy. =D>

I also want to add my own personal thanks to Richard for the lift to and from London and to Female Jordan and Conor for the use of their living room floor so Richard, Peter and I could get some kip.

So yeah, trip report from me to follow, in the mean time, post your thoughts!

Mike

Giga Poster
Winter Wonderland was complete crap, but at least it had 6 creds.
I almost got run over as the group was surging on ahead, so I made a quick dash across a road whilst apparently looking the wrong way.
The chocolate "festival" was the ponciest piece of rubbish I've ever seen.
I managed to get a thumping headache, chapped lips and a blocked nose from daring to venture out of my house.

Still, at least it was good to see a bunch of you guys again. :)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Well Mike clearly enjoyed himself.

Yeah. The chocolate factory was a waste of time and energy to be honest as I have said in my trip report I plan to post later.

Mike

Giga Poster
I enjoyed the conversations, but I'm really in no rush to day trip in London in the winter ever again! :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The chocolate thing was crap, but hey, it was free and something to do. It's never possible to please everybody.

Although if we didn't bother with the chocolate thing, we might have never made our wish in the Pretentious Natwest thing (thanks for the dog bowl, Conor!), seen the pink things...
london1.JPG

...and there would have been no "Asians In The Window" song.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvfX3Mfd9E[/youtube]

Few other thoughts; London is too busy. I'm a small town boy living in a lonely world. The food at Sherlock Holmes was mediocre - the veg was far too hard - and £6 for that small wine glass of Eton Mess was daylight robbery.
london2.JPG

Few LOLs over dinner such as the secret santa (the tanks didn't fire!) and the hosepipe attachment spinning game.

Namco was a waste of time.

Vadge can fit the Elizabeth Tower (that's"Big Ben" for the ignorant) in her vadge.
london3.JPG

Winter Wonderland is full of people aimlessly walking too slow and without consideration to others, oh, yeah, it's in London.

But yes, it was a pleasure as always to see people and I'm glad I went. Cheers to John for organising stuff.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Huge thanks to peep for the general organisation and providing all things fun, tacky and goonful!

Winter Wonderland was a lovely pit-stop tour. It was surprisingly empty when we arrived at opening so we managed to get all 6 creds (5 of which I needed), two toilet stops and a star flyer session all into a very swift hour and a half session. £25 for 5 mediocre creds was horrid though. It soon started getting busy and was pretty heaving by the time we left to meet the rest of the group at Sherlock.

Sherlock was as good as last year. Unfortunately the fab waitress from last year was not working (Serena told me she was probably a Xmas Temp which saddened me) but the two Polish women running the room seemed to do a good enough job. The food was ok, the Rudolph ale I had was ok, the whole experience was 'ok'.

There was a group of older American ladies who were near us and seemed to enjoy us being loud and Ian had a bit of fun with them when they asked for a photo. The middle-aged people there, however, gave us some right evils.

Secret Santa was as LOLworthy as last year. I got a Sauna Suit which I decided to don; Dan got my Vajazzle. He did not don this.

The chocolate festival was ****, yes, but it was something to do. Waving to the dancing Asians in the Window was brilliant and seeing the guy **** up on his skateboard and us all drawing the whole of the Southbank to his cock-up was quite fun.

Namco was pointless. The faff that followed during the walk was pointless. The stop off at the Spoons for a quick drink was much needed.

Coach and Horses cocked up the booking so I spent around 40 minutes with Mushroom and Rebel on the other side of the room until space become available to sit with the rest of the group. The party games and the faffle-game were brilliant fun! I left with a Cedar Point pen and a rubber. Fab.

It was a very loud, stressful day (London on a Saturday near Xmas </3) so I headed off early with Serena as she needed to do Winter Wonderland creds. Had a good time and things seemed to all fall our way which was nice. Walked her to the coach station, said goodbye and caught my train.

A very expensive, stressful albeit enjoyable day. Thanks, as always, CF.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
ciallkennett said:
Unfortunately the fab waitress from last year was not working (Serena told me she was probably a Xmas Temp which saddened me)

Let's be honest, you probably scared her off ;)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Got up at 6am to skip Winter Wonderland in favour of the '4 Hour Traffic Jam On The M4' cred. Disgruntled and sweaty from running up escalators (I love how you do things you never normally would on a CF trip), I met up with everyone at the tube station to go to The Sherlock.

I don't know how, but I sat in some mashed potato during the meal. Ended up tearing a hole in my Primark leggings (well, they are wafer thin after all) trying to scrub the lumpy remnants of mash off my legs in the toilets.
This set a tone of bemusement / mild irritation that stuck with me through out the day.

After the disappointing meal, Ian invented a fab game with Sue's secret santa hose adapter - who could twist the top off the fastest. I won; but debate ensued over whether I won because I had my go last and the plastic was more heated up from everyone else's go. Like Nemesis, a hose adapter top section spins faster at the end of the day when it's had time to warm up. (Just imagine if we played the Hose Adapter game in the rain too...!)

Some of the Secret Santa presents were great - the book about a mole with poo on it's head, the kinky sauna suit and the tanks that didn't fire were the funniest. I got a love potion called 'Rampant Lust' that I'm considering re-wrapping for my newly-divorced auntie. (Just kidding Jordan, I will treasure it forever <3)

Went to the high brow chocolate festival, came away with a deeper appreciation for the simpler things in life like KitKats and Toffee Crisps.

Then we climbed on some pink "installations" - one of which had a poem inside, which Ian read aloud in a voice fit for radio - very dulcet! Had a good laugh waving at people from the Royal Balcony of Pretentious, especially the "Asian's in the Window" and the skateboarder who fell over.

Namco was pointless, and it made me feel like a gaming dinosaur again.

We shuffled through the crowds to Wetherspoons, where someone knocked into me and spilt my entire drink. Along with having a drink, sitting down is another one of my top Pub Priorities, and I was annoyed that this Wetherspoon was failing to fulfill both these criteria.

Me and Sue managed to fall behind chatting whilst everyone walked to the next pub, but we identified the group from a distance via Jordanovinchy's shorts.

The next pub was much nicer, it was lovely to see more familiar faces turning up for the evening too. Pass the parcel and the spiced-up Faffle with it's additional 'Tat Swap Quiz' were great fun, the questions were brilliantly goony. I am still annoyed at Mushroom for depriving me of my Japanese Tat, though..

Me and Ciall then headed back to Winter Wonderland so I could get the creds. Winter Wonderland definitely has more charm when it's all lit up at night; and I managed to get 4 creds for £10! Ciall gave me a voucher for the Alpine Thriller (which was surprisingly enjoyable, although it did give me 'minor women's whiplash'), then one of the girls I shared a car with on the indoor mouse felt sorry for me riding on my own - so she gave me the rest of her ride tokens as she was leaving :) Hooray for lone goon sympathy!

All in all, London on a Saturday in December is horrible - but it was still enjoyable with CF, thanks to Peep for organising another great Christmassy day. It was lovely to see everyone again <3

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Radaxian said:
Me and Sue managed to fall behind chatting whilst everyone walked to the next pub, but we identified the group from a distance via Jordanovinchy's shorts.

New they'd have a use at last. Anyway, I have written a very long trip report (burden) and here it is:

The day started at 7am...mainly to watch England lose at cricket but also for Richard and Peter to pick me up at 8:10...they drove past while I was waving hilariously trying to catch their attention as to where I live. We parked at Jordan's flat, caught the central line from Wanstead to Holborn to change to Piccadilly line to Hyde Park Corner to meet more CFers.

Ian, Ciall, Mushroom and Rebel were already waiting by the time we arrived. To all of our surprise the usually burdenous Sue arrived EARLY! It was Serena that was the burden due to traffic tedium. Was happy to receive a Christmas card from Ian (my first of the year I might add) addressed to male Jordan :p

We arrived at Winter Wonderland 10 minutes after opening and the crowds were already building up especially around the market foody area. We managed to mince to 'Santa's Flying Sleigh'. Those who needed the cred rode. Next was 'Christmas Coaster' also known as 'Euro Coaster', a gliding coaster from Reverchon. Ciall trusted, rather stupidly, his bag with Richard while he rode...the bag ended up being hitched over a nearby Santa statue's arm. Ciall was looking around for a good three minutes before finding it.

We moved on. Ian fancied doing the Winter Wonderland Star Flyer. I wanted to do it last year so I paid the ridiculous £7 fee to enjoy what Winter Wonderland call 'a truly exhilarating experience'. It was absolutely freezing cold...I suppose the shorts didn't help. But it was thrilling at the same time.

580544_10152476455467977_43635957_n.jpg

1480755_10152476455357977_481449700_n.jpg

Wilde Maus Maus XXL was next. Some needed the cred, some didn't, so some rode and some didn't. Then it was time to savour the three new creds for 2013. First up was Ice Mountain. I thought it was a water ride...clearly I'm not goony enough ;). When I suddenly realised laughter from Ian, Peter and Mushroom ensued and just general loudness from Richard when I asked him to wait for me. Ian also sent a rather mean tweet ;)
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ianmbell/status/411813193418555392[/tweet]

The cred (my 66th) was ok. Rich and I were sat with a stranger who was thin and short. Rich and I, being fat and heavy, meant we got a nice amount of spin which squashed him into me and I nearly died. Anyway cred number 2 of the day for me was another spinning coaster, aptly named Spinning Coaster. I didn't like this as much as Ice Mountain. Ciall wanted Richard and I to sit together so we could get über spin. After having spent Ice Mountain wedged next to him, my legs and I decided to sit next to Ciall instead...who for some reason proceeded to stroke me...? He was grumbling up the lift hill but it probably worked out for the best in the end...as soon as the spinning started Ciall's bag flew out of the car just as he managed to grab it. That's the only thing I remember about the coaster as I spent the rest of the duration in hysterics laughing at Ciall and the look of terror on his face.

1452217_10152476456562977_2072305801_n.jpg

The third and final cred was Alpine Thriller Coaster...It was pretty turd to be honest, rough and nothing really happened but in the queue line I did get to meet the legend that is Mike.

Creds done, it was off the the Sherlock Holmes pub for lunch, alcohol and secret santa. We arrived just on time to find Nic and John (amongst others) already propping the bar up ;) I bought my first pint of cider and I wasn't even IDed...I suppose it's because everyone else looks so old :p

We all filed upstairs and were able to show off each other's tacky jumpers. Conor's was my favourite with instructions of how to build a snowman. Nic's gets a mention too with its cute black round nose which was epic. It seems on CF meets I have attended the general public aren't adverse to get involved with our fun. A group of American women were sat next to us. Ian broke the ice by offering to take their picture...using their camera I should add. He also took one of us...again using their camera. They also took a shine to my snowman jumper and insisted I posed with it and my Hawaiian shorts on show. I had chicken and chips for lunch. It was nom.

Before desert was the Poundland Secret Santa. Sue, being burdenous, had lost her gift so wrapped up a hose end instead. Generous. A goon book was donated by Mushroom (kind of like passing on the trophy, should have been sent to 2012Jarrett instead really ;) ):

1513192_10152476461967977_642656162_n.jpg

Bouncy balls, curtesy of Richard which I won, alien flingy things, tanks that shoot that didn't actually shoot which Jordan drove through some chocolate ruining one of the pub's menus. I donated a Barney DVD which Sue won but threw it to the other end of the room and I have no clue where it ended up. Ciall won some sauna suit thing? I don't even know XD

1465200_10152476462077977_349173674_n.jpg

Some had desert. Jordan was disappointed with her chocolate pudding but my bread and butter pudding was delicious.

Alas! Time was pressing and we had to move on. First to a rather crap chocolate festival but I suppose it was something to do :p It was rather dull especially given the sheer amount of people. Plus I couldn't get to the freebies so being 18 now I just headed for the beer tent. I tried some hot chocolate stout which I quite liked but others considered vile.

Once we all met again we were overlooking the entrance of the Royal Festival Hall on a balcony when some youths on skateboards showed up. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 stopped and went inside. The 7th and final youth simply crashed into the door and lay spread eagle on the floor. Hilarity from us CFers ensued. Richard being Richard simply said: 'Doors aren't that hard to use'.

We moved on. I got to know and old-time CFer, Patrick. Great bloke. We went to some Namco thing. We didn't do anything? I was told the dodgems in there were the best in the UK but we left prematurely and never bothered :(

We were running early to our evening pub so we stopped at a Wetherspoons just outside Trafalgar Square. I tried Thatcher's Gold cider and treated Richard to a pint as a thanks for the lift.

We soon moved on to the Coach and Horses which had done a pretty poor job in reserving the tables for 20 people. We just managed to squeeze in and as the GP left we spread out and arranged the tables so we could all talk to each other.

Neal arrived! Love that man. His voice is liquid gold. He was very sociable too...playing Pokémon ;) Nic revealed her pass the parcel. It was breakable we were warned...perhaps not the best idea for some heavy handed CFers ;) The low down is I WON! Richard made a great time keeper after all ;)

John had designed his own faffle. I won a pack of cards from Plopsa. Other prizes included a Paris 15th Anniversay poster, CDs, Japanese tat and a puzzle from Canada's Wonderland.

People slowly dissipated. Nic and I had a (slightly drunk) wander around London in search for a McDonald's and McFlurries. She is so FAB <3. Mushroom, Rebel, Ciall and Serena had left by the time we got back without saying goodbye. Burdenous.

Conor and Jordan left early and Richard, Neal and Peter went to the Montague Pyke, affectionately dubbed 'The Dyke' leaving Nic, John, Patrick, Dan and me but Dan left pretty soon. Wish I had gotten to know Caffeine_Demon a bit better before he left...there's always next time. Us remaining 4 had a great little chat before Nic cleared off to catch her train and John, Patrick and I joined the others at the Dyke.

It was very crowded but seemed nice enough. After downing a quick couple of pints we left. Peter, Rich, Neal and I said our goodbyes to John and Patrick. Neal alighted at Stratford leaving just three who were lodging at Jordan's and Conor's. Thanks guys :D

Peter grabbed the sofa leaving me on an airbed next to Richard who spent the majority of the night snoring in my **** ear.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Thanks to everyone for making it an amazing day. Sad my other half couldn't be there but **** happens. (Next year Dan, next year). Hope you enjoyed my trip report XD

Darren B

Giga Poster
^I had no clue you were gay, or that Dan was your boyfriend. Shows how much attention I pay. The shorts should have given it away ;)

Anyways, glad you all had a great time, and I'm sorry once again for not making it. It seemed like a great idea at the time, but not after a 12 hour day at work. Hopefully I'll see some of you before the new season starts at least.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Darren B said:
^I had no clue you were gay, or that Dan was your boyfriend. Shows how much attention I pay. The shorts should have given it away ;).

Can't tell if you're actually joking or not XD we aren't gay and we certainly aren't together XD it was just said on Saturday, 'where is your other half?' XD

Darren B

Giga Poster
I was being serious haha!

I've never heard anyone call their friend 'my other half' before. Obviously one of those 'you had to be there ' moments.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^^clearly it was XD just said cause we're always seen together :p (does sound slightly gay doesn't it?) XD this has made my evening

and oi, my shorts are completely straight thank you.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Yeah - Chocolate festival was a tad(!) on the pricy side, but I did get qa nice coffee, and some good macarons, although the fudge was rather disappointing - I think it had been in the bag for just a little too long, and had got a bit dry and hard.

Steak and chips was ok, but not as good as TGIs, Company was great, and the coach and horses was nice, once we were all together! Great faffly thing - I got a greenwood wallet!

And the Bikini wax and vajazzle kit has to be one of the most memorable presents ever!! :-D

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Sorry to post a qn rather than a report (you know I had a wonderful time, thanks Peep, sorry Patrick, ect...)

I'm one of those annoying people who count travelling creds, but I'm having trouble finding Ice Mountain on Coaster Count. RCCGB reckon it's on loan to James Mellors from Joe White Jnr & Darren Matthews, which makes me think it's the same spinning mouse as the bloody Cyclone thing that was at the South Bank during the Olympics that Female Jordan and I went along to (see the link). If so, SPITE!

...any ideas

</ubergoon>

http://coaster-count.com/coasterimages10120.xhtml

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Are you sure? I thought that, but then I realised that the Cyclone has the right colour blue track and has the right 'tub' design cars, just a different colour.

Peter

Hyper Poster
If you look at Ice Mountain, the majority of the track is actually yellow. They have only painted the outside drop in its new blue colour and left the remaining interior as yellow. You can just about see the change in colour in this picture.

1467296_10152476455647977_298733868_n.jpg

I have uploaded all my photos onto facebook that most people have already seen. I'll get around to posting the best ones on here at some point soon.