What's new

Celebrity Deaths 2009 Edition

Not exactly a celebrity, but the world's oldest man and World War I veteran died earlier aged 113 and 42 days. Only had a month of the title, not that anyone would particularly want it though.

One of the last surviving WWI vets? That's something we should be sad about.. Celebrities are celebrities, and it's sad when they die, but when the last remaining people die that took part in historical events, their stories go with them.

He was also adorable though. That picture, aww.

About that Henry Surtees dude, he was a cutie. Shame that his life ended so young, but racing is a risky sport.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I can't believe you keep calling dead people cuties. It seems wildly inappropriate, even if it is a term of endearment.

^ wtf? I said Henry was cute.. I don't see why I can't say he was good looking? And ask anyone.. I always say old people are cute or peaches.. It's not meant to be offensive or weird or anything. That's like saying you think Megan Fox is hot, and then if she died, it would be inappropriate for you to say that.

^ Exactly.. Just because he's an animal doesn't mean he can't be a celeb.. He was well known, after all. Like, I'd consider Lassie and stuff to be a celebrity, so why not Gidget?

Also, I can't imagine a dog having a stroke. Do they just keel over or do they like.. Do other things?

RCF

Strata Poster
That's a good question. Let's go to the audience. Idk, i guess they like, fall over and twitch and make weird noises I guess.

^^ So he was the very, very last soldier of World War I? Aww, that makes me so sad to hear :( . Him and Henry Allingham all within like, a week.. I hate the fact that they died, but I also hate the fact that, as I said before, the history of the War goes with them.

RCF

Strata Poster
Former two-division world champion boxer Vernon Forrest was shot and killed Saturday night during an attempted carjacking.